Free Will

beloved57

TY Brother! And another scripture that I believe describes those God despises is Gal. 1:8-9:

Those who preach a false freewill gospel are doomed to destruction.

Gal. 1:8-9
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

I found that one of the definitions for the word "accursed" in those verses; the Gr. word "anathema" is:

"a thing devoted to God without hope of being redeemed, and if an animal, to be slain; therefore a person or thing doomed to destruction"

This definition easily describes the religious people who think they are serving God with their works of the flesh, but yet do so in vain, without hope, because in actuality they are doomed to destruction.

God Loves His Son John 3:35, and only His Adopted Sons/Children Eph. 1:4-5, a remnant, a portion of mankind that was chosen in Christ Jesus from everlasting.

Rom. 8:39
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord

2 Tim. 1:8-9
Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

But God hates those who preach the false gospel that salvation is contingent upon man's obeying, his confessing, calling upon the name of the Lord, repenting, etc. They are all guilty of perverting scripture, and the Gospel of the Power of God, by teaching that God offers grace to all mankind without exception, and it's up to them to accept it or reject it. These false teachers are enemies of the Gospel of the Power of God, and instead preach a false freewill gospel of the works of the flesh of man.

All that you have stated is True !

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
All that you have stated is True !

The characterization of the God of the scriptures by one who has not been Born of God is pure heresy to say the least.

You have no understanding of God's Words.

John 8:47
He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
Question for Nanja and Beloved57, please ask them this question for their benefit:

Is anyone outside the scope of God's grace? If so, do you think that God's grace is not powerful enough to save them? Would not God's power be shown to be even greater if He had called everyone equally, even though few may respond?

For those who are not on their ignore list, feel free to re-ask the questions I asked of b57 and Nanja earlier in this thread, as they challenge the core of their beliefs.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

marhig

It's as simple as this:

God doesn't love the devil's children Mat. 13:38-39.

He sends them to the lake of fire Mat. 25:41; Rev. 21:8

God's Love is only for the World of His Elect Eph. 1:4; 2 Tim. 1:9.

Just as God has determined before the foundation according to His Will!

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

You believe what you will, but I know that God loves all. And Jesus sent preachers to preach the gospel to everyone, not just to Gods elect. And what would be the point of preaching the gospel if God has already predestined who will be saved? That makes no sense.

Jesus said that all the angels in heaven rejoice over one sinner that repents. One sinner, not one elect. And if certain people are predestined, then there would be no need for repentance as they are already saved, and there would be no hope for anyone else so there would be no need to preach the gospel as God would have chosen who he wanted before they came here.

Luke 15

Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.

And he spake this parable unto them, saying,*What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?*And when he hath found*it, he layeth*it*on his shoulders, rejoicing.*And when he cometh home, he calleth together*his*friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.*I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Christ searches for the lost, not just the elect.

beloved57

You believe what you will, but I know that God loves all. And Jesus sent preachers to preach the gospel to everyone, not just to Gods elect. And what would be the point of preaching the gospel if God has already predestined who will be saved? That makes no sense.

Jesus said that all the angels in heaven rejoice over one sinner that repents. One sinner, not one elect. And if certain people are predestined, then there would be no need for repentance as they are already saved, and there would be no hope for anyone else so there would be no need to preach the gospel as God would have chosen who he wanted before they came here.

Luke 15

Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.

And he spake this parable unto them, saying,*What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?*And when he hath found*it, he layeth*it*on his shoulders, rejoicing.*And when he cometh home, he calleth together*his*friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.*I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Christ searches for the lost, not just the elect.
You believe in a false god, not the God or scripture who hates the workers of iniquity Ps 5:5

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

God's Truth

GT

Those Christ died for [His Sheep; John 10:11,15] He was perfectly obedient to God in His Life and Death on their behalf.

Rom. 5:19
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

The sins of His Sheep were charged to Him, and His Righteousness charged to them.

2 Cor. 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Nowhere anywhere in the Holy Bible are we told not obeying God is how to please God and be saved.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Faith alone is DEAD and cannot save anyone.

Read the whole New Testament. Lol

James 2:14, 17, 20, 22.
The one problem with that claim is that people on their deathbed can have faith in Jesus christ and then pass away, and they'll still go to heaven. Even the murderer on the cross next to Jesus' had faith, and Jesus said that that day he would be in Heaven. His only action was faith. Do you deny that that man went to heaven on faith alone?

God's Truth

GT

Your filthy works of flesh are showing!:nono:

It sounds psycho to call it filthy to obey God's words.

God said the righteous blood sacrifice acts were as offering a bloody kotex.

He wasn't saying obeying Him was filthy.

Being born again has nothing to do with actions a person does.

But it's a supernatural Work of God in Time in all His Elect Children in Christ Eph. 1:4-5.

It's God's Will that all His Children, the Seed of Christ Gal. 3:16, shall be given His Spirit in New Birth:

Ezek. 36:26-27
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them

Don't you retain anything your opponent says to you?

I have already explained it to you that God will give the new heart to those WHO REPENT OF THEIR SINS.

Ezekiel 18:31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel?

Why are they dying if not for disobeying?

God's Truth

The one problem with that claim is that people on their deathbed can have faith in Jesus christ and then pass away, and they'll still go to heaven. Even the murderer on the cross next to Jesus' had faith, and Jesus said that that day he would be in Heaven. His only action was faith. Do you deny that that man went to heaven on faith alone?

You can't hear about Jesus your whole life, reject him and do evil, and then on your death bed say oh I am sorry.

The thief on the cross obeyed what God says we have to do to be saved.

The thief on the cross feared God, humbled himself, confessed and repented of his sins, he believed in Jesus, acknowledged him before others, and called on him.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You can't hear about Jesus your whole life, reject him and do evil, and then on your death bed say oh I am sorry.

The thief on the cross obeyed what God says we have to do to be saved.

The thief on the cross feared God, humbled himself, confessed and repented of his sins, he believed in Jesus, acknowledged him before others, and called on him.
Let me ask you this, if Judas had repented of his sin, Do you think that God would have forgiven him? What about Herod? Or Hitler? How about a murderer? A rapist? Is anyone outside the scope of God's grace?

God's Truth

Let me ask you this, if Judas had repented of his sin, Do you think that God would have forgiven him? What about Herod? Or Hitler? How about a murderer? A rapist? Is anyone outside the scope of God's grace?

Did they only learn about God after they did such bad things, or did they reject Jesus their whole life and then while dying decide to confess and repent?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Did they only learn about God after they did such bad things, or did they reject Jesus their whole life and then while dying decide to confess and repent?
Hitler justified his actions on the teachings of Martin Luther. Again, I ask you, is ANYONE outside of the scope of God's grace?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Be careful where you eat........

Be careful where you eat........

Question for Nanja and Beloved57, please ask them this question for their benefit:

Is anyone outside the scope of God's grace? If so, do you think that God's grace is not powerful enough to save them? Would not God's power be shown to be even greater if He had called everyone equally, even though few may respond?

For those who are not on their ignore list, feel free to re-ask the questions I asked of b57 and Nanja earlier in this thread, as they challenge the core of their beliefs.

Adding on from my previous posts here & here.....

It appears I'm on Nanja's ignore list, but who knows. These two are in mental 'grid-lock',...and playing 'hi-five' to each other, while not getting to the deeper core issues I and others brought up here earlier concerning 'free will' in its 'libertarian' and 'compatabilist' viewpoints,...they cherry pick verses and spew the same proof texts, then demand where in the scriptures 'free will' is taught, when 'freedom of choice' is obvious in many passages (besides our very own lives), and such freedom is an essential part of a 'covenant-relationships', but dogma shackles their minds, shrouding their vision, becoming their 'god', worshipping their own 'version' of 'God' whose hate condemns sinners to damnation while saving only the 'elect', all the while both groups having no choice in the matter! Stupendous eh? What you have is a self-serving theology, pretending to be 'God-serving' but being the very antithesis of love.

Sadly this thread has gone off into various tangents without fully diving deep into the very complexity of 'free will' from a metaphysical/philosophical point of view, to a more shallow mud-sling match of tossing verses at each other, more like a cafeteria food fight. I'd hope the caliber of discussion could be a bit more elevated. But oh well,...one can only go so far as they are intellectually inclined.

Free will (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

God's Truth

Hitler justified his actions on the teachings of Martin Luther. Again, I ask you, is ANYONE outside of the scope of God's grace?

I answered your question. Jesus knows everyone's heart, and if someone rejected Jesus their whole life and did only evil, then merely saying sorry before they die is not sufficient.

Jesus is the Way. When a person dies, their spirit lives on and must know the Way.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
What scripture says that man has a freewill?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

As usual you bypass the pertinent points shared in the commentary given, and go into the usual posturing mode with the same question stuck on 'repeat'. Since you do not seriously consider the points of free will shared and explained but are already preprogrammed to defend your precluded dogma, you cant really go much farther to seriously consider the matter, but resort to the same merry-go-round, in your comfy little carnival. Go back and review, and when you can discuss the matter intelligently, we maybe could go somewhere, but currently you're in serious 'grid-lock'.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I answered your question. Jesus knows everyone's heart, and if someone rejected Jesus their whole life and did only evil, then merely saying sorry before they die is not sufficient.

Jesus is the Way. When a person dies, their spirit lives on and must know the Way.
So if someone really meant that they were sorry and asked for God to forgive them, God wouldn't take that into consideration?