For You Who Do Not Know What The Tnakh Is

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Tanakh
The Tanakh (Hebrew: תַּנַ”ךְ‎, pronounced [taˈnaχ] or [təˈnax]; also Tenakh, Tenak, Tanach) is a name used in Judaism for the canon of the Hebrew Bible. The Tanakh is also known as the Masoretic Text or the Miqra. The name is an acronym formed from the initial Hebrew letters of the Masoretic Text’s three traditional subdivisions: The Torah (“Teaching”, also known as the Five Books of Moses), Nevi’im (“Prophets”) and Ketuvim (“Writings”)—hence TaNaKh. The name “Miqra” (מקרא), meaning “that which is read”, is an alternative Hebrew term for the Tanakh. The books of the Tanakh (Hebrew Bible) were relayed with an accompanying oral tradition passed on by each generation, called the Oral Torah.
Mesopotamian Religion
In ancient Mesopotamia, the meaning of life was for one to live in concert with the gods. Humans were created as co-laborers with their gods to hold off the forces of chaos and to keep the community running smoothly. According to the Mesopotamian creation myth, the Enuma Elish, (meaning,’When on High’) life began after an epic struggle between the elder gods and the younger. In the beginning there was only water swirling in chaos and undifferentiated between fresh and bitter. These waters separated into two distinct principles: the male principle, Apsu, which was fresh water and the female principle, Tiamat, salt water. From the union of these two principles all the other gods came into being.
These younger gods were so loud in their daily concourse with each other that they came to annoy the elders, especially Apsu and, on the advice of his Vizier, he decided to kill them. Tiamat, however, was shocked at Apsu’s plot and warned one of her sons, Ea, the god of wisdom and intelligence. With the help of his brothers and sisters, Ea put Apsu to sleep and then killed him. Out of the corpse of Apsu, Ea created the earth and built his home (though, in later myths ‘the Apsu’ came to mean the watery home of the gods or the realm of the gods). Tiamat, upset now over Apsu’s death, raised the forces of chaos to destroy her children herself. Ea and his siblings fought against Tiamat and her allies, her champion, Quingu, the forces of chaos and Tiamat’s creatures, without success until, from among them, rose the great storm god Marduk. Marduk swore he would defeat Tiamat if the gods would proclaim him their king. This agreed to, he entered into battle with Tiamat, killed her and, from her body, created the sky. He then continued on with the act of creation to make human beings from the remains of Quingu as help-mates to the gods.
According to historian D. Brendan Nagle,

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Tanakh
The Tanakh (Hebrew: תַּנַ”ךְ‎, pronounced [taˈnaχ] or [təˈnax]; also Tenakh, Tenak, Tanach) is a name used in Judaism for the canon of the Hebrew Bible. The Tanakh is also known as the Masoretic Text or the Miqra. The name is an acronym formed from the initial Hebrew letters of the Masoretic Text’s three traditional subdivisions: The Torah (“Teaching”, also known as the Five Books of Moses), Nevi’im (“Prophets”) and Ketuvim (“Writings”)—hence TaNaKh. The name “Miqra” (מקרא), meaning “that which is read”, is an alternative Hebrew term for the Tanakh. The books of the Tanakh (Hebrew Bible) were relayed with an accompanying oral tradition passed on by each generation, called the Oral Torah.
Mesopotamian Religion
In ancient Mesopotamia, the meaning of life was for one to live in concert with the gods. Humans were created as co-laborers with their gods to hold off the forces of chaos and to keep the community running smoothly. According to the Mesopotamian creation myth, the Enuma Elish, (meaning,’When on High’) life began after an epic struggle between the elder gods and the younger. In the beginning there was only water swirling in chaos and undifferentiated between fresh and bitter. These waters separated into two distinct principles: the male principle, Apsu, which was fresh water and the female principle, Tiamat, salt water. From the union of these two principles all the other gods came into being.
These younger gods were so loud in their daily concourse with each other that they came to annoy the elders, especially Apsu and, on the advice of his Vizier, he decided to kill them. Tiamat, however, was shocked at Apsu’s plot and warned one of her sons, Ea, the god of wisdom and intelligence. With the help of his brothers and sisters, Ea put Apsu to sleep and then killed him. Out of the corpse of Apsu, Ea created the earth and built his home (though, in later myths ‘the Apsu’ came to mean the watery home of the gods or the realm of the gods). Tiamat, upset now over Apsu’s death, raised the forces of chaos to destroy her children herself. Ea and his siblings fought against Tiamat and her allies, her champion, Quingu, the forces of chaos and Tiamat’s creatures, without success until, from among them, rose the great storm god Marduk. Marduk swore he would defeat Tiamat if the gods would proclaim him their king. This agreed to, he entered into battle with Tiamat, killed her and, from her body, created the sky. He then continued on with the act of creation to make human beings from the remains of Quingu as help-mates to the gods.

Shalom.

Today is Shishi, 11-10.

This is false. It is not true. You do not know what you are speaking about.

I do not need to see a reply.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Shishi, 11-10.

This is false. It is not true. You do not know what you are speaking about.

I do not need to see a reply.

Jacob

I said
anyone can google it. I did. that is the Hebrew bible. Your always bragging about it. That you believe in it.

Bee1

Tanakh
Mesopotamian Religion
Yes , you are referring to ancient Sumerians in Mesopotamia and their beliefs, you have the virgin birth , killed at hands of family member , and the resurrection , sounds familiar ?

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

beameup

Oh, Look, Squeeky can copy-and-paste from WikiLeaks.
F1460.jpg

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yes , you are referring to ancient Sumerians in Mesopotamia and their beliefs, you have the virgin birth , killed at hands of family member , and the resurrection , sounds familiar ?

I said
I don't know nothing about it. The tanakh is something that Jacob boasts about believing. I was hoping he could explain it to us. But he just blew up and left. If you know anything about the belief it would help if you gave us a little insight.

Bee1

I said
I don't know nothing about it. The tanakh is something that Jacob boasts about believing. I was hoping he could explain it to us. But he just blew up and left. If you know anything about the belief it would help if you gave us a little insight.
I am no expert but I think his reference is about the Old Testament with is also the Torah and other names in Muslim (or is it Moslem) religion but basically they all tell the same story so it adds some validation to the Old Testament. Or something to that effect.

daqq

Tanakh
Mesopotamian Religion

I said
anyone can google it. I did. that is the Hebrew bible. Your always bragging about it. That you believe in it.

Hmmm, I did some googling myself.
The first paragraph of the OP is a quote from the following Wikipedia article:

The Tanakh (/tɑːˈnɑːx/;[1] Hebrew: תַּנַ"ךְ‬, pronounced [taˈnaχ] or [təˈnax]; also Tenakh, Tenak, Tanach), also called the Mikra or Hebrew Bible, is the canonical collection of Jewish texts, which is also a textual source for the Christian Old Testament. These texts are composed mainly in Biblical Hebrew, with some passages in Biblical Aramaic (in the books of Daniel, Ezra and a few others). The traditional Hebrew text is known as the Masoretic Text. The Tanakh consists of twenty-four books.
Tanakh is an acronym of the first Hebrew letter of each of the Masoretic Text's three traditional subdivisions: Torah ("Teaching", also known as the Five Books of Moses), Nevi'im ("Prophets") and Ketuvim ("Writings")—hence TaNaKh. The name Mikra (מקרא‬), meaning "that which is read", is another Hebrew word for the Tanakh. The books of the Tanakh were passed on by each generation and, according to rabbinic tradition were accompanied by an oral tradition, called the Oral Torah.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanakh

However the second portionof the OP is not found anywhere in the above Wikipedia article on the TaNaK, and instead, appears to come from either the following blog or perhaps a mirror site at another location:

Mesopotamian Religion
Definition
by Joshua J. Mark
published on 22 February 2011

In ancient Mesopotamia, the meaning of life was for one to live in concert with the gods. Humans were created as co-laborers with their gods to hold off the forces of chaos and to keep the community running smoothly.

Mesopotamian Creation Myth
According to the Mesopotamian creation myth, the Enuma Elish, (meaning,'When on High') life began after an epic struggle between the elder gods and the younger. In the beginning there was only water swirling in chaos and undifferentiated between fresh and bitter. These waters separated into two distinct principles: the male principle, Apsu, which was fresh water and the female principle, Tiamat, salt water. From the union of these two principles all the other gods came into being.
These younger gods were so loud in their daily concourse with each other that they came to annoy the elders, especially Apsu and, on the advice of his Vizier, he decided to kill them. Tiamat, however, was shocked at Apsu's plot and warned one of her sons, Ea, the god of wisdom and intelligence. With the help of his brothers and sisters, Ea put Apsu to sleep and then killed him. Out of the corpse of Apsu, Ea created the earth and built his home (though, in later myths 'the Apsu’ came to mean the watery home of the gods or the realm of the gods).
Tiamat, upset now over Apsu's death, raised the forces of chaos to destroy her children herself. Ea and his siblings fought against Tiamat and her allies, her champion, Quingu, the forces of chaos and Tiamat's creatures, without success until, from among them, rose the great storm god Marduk. Marduk swore he would defeat Tiamat if the gods would proclaim him their king. This agreed to, he entered into battle with Tiamat, killed her and, from her body, created the sky. He then continued on with the act of creation to make human beings from the remains of Quingu as help-mates to the gods.

According to historian D. Brendan Nagle:

"Despite the gods' apparent victory, there was no guarantee that the forces of chaos might not recover their strength and overturn the orderly creation of the gods. Gods and humans alike were involved in the perpetual struggle to restrain the powers of chaos, and they each had their own role to play in this dramatic battle. The responsibility of the dwellers of Mesopotamian cities was to provide the gods with everything they needed to run the world."
https://www.ancient.eu/Mesopotamian_Religion/

The OP is therefore an intentional mixing together of two completely unrelated articles, from two different places and two different sources and authors, which the OP/spam-generator has copied and pasted into the OP without providing any links or proper attribution, which the OP/spam-generator has then mingled together as one article so as to mock and slur the Holy Scripture.

"Satan laughing spreads his wings" ~ Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath (proper attribution). :chuckle:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Hmmm, I did some googling myself.
The first paragraph of the OP is a quote from the following Wikipedia article:

However the second portionof the OP is not found anywhere in the above Wikipedia article on the TaNaK, and instead, appears to come from either the following blog or perhaps a mirror site at another location:

The OP is therefore an intentional mixing together of two completely unrelated articles, from two different places and two different sources and authors, which the OP/spam-generator has copied and pasted into the OP without providing any links or proper attribution, which the OP/spam-generator has then mingled together as one article so as to mock and slur the Holy Scripture.

"Satan laughing spreads his wings" ~ Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath (proper attribution). :chuckle:

I said
Did you go to the website? That is where I got that. the index to the right of that chapter has the Mesopotamian Religion. That is where I got that chapter. I don't know nothing about all that. I was hoping someone could explain it to me a little.

daqq

I said
Did you go to the website? That is where I got that. the index to the right of that chapter has the Mesopotamian Religion. That is where I got that chapter. I don't know nothing about all that. I was hoping someone could explain it to me a little.

I just went back to the Wikipedia page and searched the word "Mesopotamian" and even that word alone is nowhere to be found on the "Tanakh" page where a portion of your OP appears to have come from, (how is anyone supposed to be sure when it is your responsibility to tell us where you got the information you have quoted?). This is what happens when you do not quote the sources, provide links, or at least provide some sort of proper attribution, (not to mention the possibility of copyright infringement).

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I just went back to the Wikipedia page and searched the word "Mesopotamian" and even that word alone is nowhere to be found on the "Tanakh" page where a portion of your OP appears to have come from, (how is anyone supposed to be sure when it is your responsibility to tell us where you got the information you have quoted?). This is what happens when you do not quote the sources, provide links, or at least provide some sort of proper attribution, (not to mention the possibility of copyright infringement).

I said
I apologize. I will see what I can do.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
try here. Where you clicked at Wikipedia, I clicked on the one below that.

astudyoftheoldtestament.wordpress.com/resources/biographies/glossery/tanakh

daqq

I said
I apologize. I will see what I can do.

Okay, fair enough, but how can you not understand what the Tanach, TaNaK, or Tanakh is when it is right there in the top portion of what you quoted in the OP? The Tanach is the Hebrew Canon of the Bible, that is, Genesis through Malachi, what you call the Old Testament: it is all the same thing. Perhaps you are confusing Tanach with Talmud? They are not the same; but if that is what you have done, your sentiments would be more understandable.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Okay, fair enough, but how can you not understand what the Tanach, TaNaK, or Tanakh is when it is right there in the top portion of what you quoted in the OP? The Tanach is the Hebrew Canon of the Bible, that is, Genesis through Malachi, what you call the Old Testament: it is all the same thing. Perhaps you are confusing Tanach with Talmud? They are not the same; but if that is what you have done, your sentiments would be more understandable.

I said
Well after you check out that website you tell me. Like I said I don't know nothing about it. At first it was just a casual question. But I am now interested in your opinion of the website.

daqq

try here. Where you clicked at Wikipedia, I clicked on the one below that.

astudyoftheoldtestament.wordpress.com/resources/biographies/glossery/tanakh

I said
Well after you check out that website you tell me. Like I said I don't know nothing about it. At first it was just a casual question. But I am now interested in your opinion of the website.

Yeah, I see the page now, (and it has some wiki-links at the bottom for some of the source material). But what you see on the side-bar to the right does not necessarily have anything to do with that article, ("Tanakh | The Hebrew Bible"). I see the link in the side-bar for "Mesopotamian Religion", (which page title is actually "Mesopotamian Religion | The Hebrew Bible"), but that is a completely different article which has nothing to do with the make-up of the Hebrew Bible. I think where it may be somewhat confusing is that the author of the blog or site has placed a title at the top of every page which says, "The Hebrew Bible ~ Donald Miller's Journal", whether or not the content on the page actually has anything to do with "the Tanakh" or not. Here is another example from the side-bar, "Code of Ur-Nammu | The Hebrew Bible", click on this link and you will see that the "Code of Ur-Nammu" has nothing to do with the meaning or make-up of the Tanach or Old Testament, and yet, in the same place at the top of the page is the same title or header for the whole site, "The Hebrew Bible".

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yeah, I see the page now, (and it has some wiki-links at the bottom for some of the source material). But what you see on the side-bar to the right does not necessarily have anything to do with that article, ("Tanakh | The Hebrew Bible"). I see the link in the side-bar for "Mesopotamian Religion", (which page title is actually "Mesopotamian Religion | The Hebrew Bible"), but that is a completely different article which has nothing to do with the make-up of the Hebrew Bible. I think where it may be somewhat confusing is that the author of the blog or site has placed a title at the top of every page which says, "The Hebrew Bible ~ Donald Miller's Journal", whether or not the content on the page actually has anything to do with "the Tanakh" or not. Here is another example from the side-bar, "Code of Ur-Nammu | The Hebrew Bible", click on this link and you will see that the "Code of Ur-Nammu" has nothing to do with the meaning or make-up of the Tanach or Old Testament, and yet, in the same place at the top of the page is the same title or header for the whole site, "The Hebrew Bible".

I said
Thank you that was why I asked. Because I didn't understand none of it myself.

Myrrhcask

I said
Thank you that was why I asked. Because I didn't understand none of it myself.
You two are too much.

But for the sake of clarity, the Tanach is the same as the Old Testament, the books are just grouped a little differently.

The whole Mesopotamian thing has nothing to do with it--despite what some higher criticism people would like us to believe.

The note about the Oral Torah was interesting. That is where the Talmud came from--a writing down of the Oral Law in Hebrew and then explaining it in Aramaic. The Orthodox Jews traditionally study more Talmud than Tanach. Why? Who knows.

Sent from my RCT6213W87DK using Tapatalk

God's Truth

The talmud contains the teachings and opinion of thousand of rabbis on a variety of subjects. It is a collection of rabbinical writings that interpret, and explain the Torah scriptures to their own liking. Judaism and the talmud reject Jesus as the Messiah.