For The Sake Of Truth

Jamie Gigliotti

Then please answer the questions previously asked of you. Who or what created your God (always existed is not an answer. If something can always exist then why not the universe?) How did your God go about creating a universe? Was it magic?

Then please point us to the peer reviewed scientific paper that claims "SCIENCE points us to an intelligence".

There is a big difference between real science and your cherished beliefs,

Are you familiar with a logical fallacy called..... "Strawman Fallacy"

"A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument which was not advanced by that opponent"

I don't know about giving answers "For The Sake Of Truth". There isn't much "Truth" in logical fallacies, is there? Beating your own strawman of what you claim your opponents say is just rank poor. Maybe apologetics just isn't your thing.

Either cause and effect go on for infinity or it doesn't.
Both positions require faith. Hope in what is not seen.

I have been convinced by my need for love and intimacy, and my decision to accept the truth of the Great I AM through Jesus, that subsequently filled my needs; that He is all that He said He is.

Spiritual experiences can not be proved or disproven, outside of trying them.

If you have the need for love that humans inately have, you can decide to try Him out, or you won't.

But science won't give you any answers beyond the big bang... May God's love and Grace be with you.

Hedshaker

Either cause and effect go on for infinity or it doesn't.
Both positions require faith. Hope in what is not seen.

I have been convinced by my need for love and intimacy, and my decision to accept the truth of the Great I AM through Jesus, that subsequently filled my needs; that He is all that He said He is.

Spiritual experiences can not be proved or disproven, outside of trying them.

If you have the need for love that humans inately have, you can decide to try Him out, or you won't.

But science won't give you any answers beyond the big bang... May God's love and Grace be with you.

It's an ancient myth and I don't believe a word of it. Disbelief does not require faith, you just want it to.

Science it the only method that finds real answers.

I don't want your God's love and grace. Are we clear?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's an ancient myth and I don't believe a word of it. Disbelief does not require faith, you just want it to.

That's the amazing thing, you get it anyhoo !!!

Ben Masada

When did Christianity lose its objectivity to people saying "just having faith". Faith must be reasonable and rational. Thats why I converted from atheism. A lack of knowldege of the scriptures is common in todays day which goes against 1Peter 3:15
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready to ALWAYS give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear.

We cannot simply tell people to 'just believe'. There is a correct way of viewing reality, let's seek this TRUTH together, but never make the error of telling someone to just take our word for it. Any worldview must make sense as a whole collectively.

Well my friend, "cal hakavod" to you for your conversion from Atheism. Faith is reasonable to stand before contradictions but, there is no rationality in faith. And by the way, it is the irrationality of faith that lives through contradictions and remains untouchable.

I don't know how familiar you are with the NT, but there is a very interesting text by Paul in II Cor. 5:7 that he wanted his followers to walk by faith and not by sight. Since by sight is to walk with understanding, it mean that to walk by faith is to leave the understanding with him aka with his gospel, aka the NT. I am a theist but, my belief in the existence of HaShem is not based on faith but on the Logic of the truth about Him.

ananomyx

Well my friend, "cal hakavod" to you for your conversion from Atheism. Faith is reasonable to stand before contradictions but, there is no rationality in faith. And by the way, it is the irrationality of faith that lives through contradictions and remains untouchable.

I don't know how familiar you are with the NT, but there is a very interesting text by Paul in II Cor. 5:7 that he wanted his followers to walk by faith and not by sight. Since by sight is to walk with understanding, it mean that to walk by faith is to leave the understanding with him aka with his gospel, aka the NT. I am a theist but, my belief in the existence of HaShem is not based on faith but on the Logic of the truth about Him.
yes we must all walk by faith regardless of what worldview we have. No one is 100% sure about anything. My point is it requires much more faith to believe in atheism then Christianity. And thats because there is much more evidemce for it., and as believers we are called to always be ready to give a defense for those beliefs:)

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
No that would be you, you just can't bring yourself to admit it.

Then maybe you can explain how your invisible entity did it without evoking Magic.

Previous question: "If not magic then how was it done?" Got an answer or not?

it is reasonable to believe God did it
but
it is not reasonable to expect me to understand how God did it
and
I can see that you are comfortable with being unreasonable

Ben Masada

yes we must all walk by faith regardless of what worldview we have. No one is 100% sure about anything. My point is it requires much more faith to believe in atheism then Christianity. And thats because there is much more evidemce for it., and as believers we are called to always be ready to give a defense for those beliefs:)

"No one is 100% sure" about the existence of HaShem! Well my friend, I am; and I do not need faith to be. I can use Logic and, believe it or not, also Physics to prove the existence of HaShem.

Ben Masada

but
and

Why is it so relevant to know "how" God did it? If it is not enough that He did it, can you provide something else that could have done it if HaShem did not do it? Come on! Give me a satisfactory answer!

Jamie Gigliotti

You ignored the opposing truths I presented. Cause and effect going on for infinity, or one uncaused phenomena.
Most of us here find the infinity stance; 1. Based on no evidence that can not be proven or disproven with science. No evidence of anything before big bang, i.e. based on faith.
2. Ludicrous, it answers nothing.

We have seen enough good and know the dominoes stop somewhere. In the loving arms your heart needs but your pride hates.

Hedshaker

but

Well if you don't know then your belief is no more than blind faith. Maybe something else did it.

and

Your response shows clearly who is unreasonable

Hedshaker

You ignored the opposing truths I presented. Cause and effect going on for infinity, or one uncaused phenomena.
Most of us here find the infinity stance; 1. Based on no evidence that can not be proven or disproven with science. No evidence of anything before big bang, i.e. based on faith.
2. Ludicrous, it answers nothing.

We have seen enough good and know the dominoes stop somewhere. In the loving arms your heart needs but your pride hates.

This is just nonsense. Please find someone else to preach at.

Thanks

Hedshaker

It is just a modern version of God of the Gaps, with a lack of knowledge translating into Goddidit.

Yep, and the same with chrysostom's post: I have no idea how God did it and I don't accept magic but I believe he did it somehow...... argument from cherished belief.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Well if you don't know then your belief is no more than blind faith. Maybe something else did it.

something did do it
it is unreasonable to think it happened all by itself
we call that something God
and
we call you unreasonable
you don't have a reasonable explanation