For The Sake Of Truth

ananomyx

When did Christianity lose its objectivity to people saying "just having faith". Faith must be reasonable and rational. Thats why I converted from atheism. A lack of knowldege of the scriptures is common in todays day which goes against 1Peter 3:15
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready to ALWAYS give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear.

We cannot simply tell people to 'just believe'. There is a correct way of viewing reality, let's seek this TRUTH together, but never make the error of telling someone to just take our word for it. Any worldview must make sense as a whole collectively.

Hedshaker

When did Christianity lose its objectivity to people saying "just having faith". Faith must be reasonable and rational. Thats why I converted from atheism. A lack of knowldege of the scriptures is common in todays day which goes against 1Peter 3:15
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready to ALWAYS give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear.

We cannot simply tell people to 'just believe'. There is a correct way of viewing reality, let's seek this TRUTH together, but never make the error of telling someone to just take our word for it. Any worldview must make sense as a whole collectively.

I bet you really hated God before you converted from atheism, huh?

:yawn:

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber

I agree with this criticism wholeheartedly.

When I look at religious scholars of the past and their credentials, I am awestruck. They had none of the easy-life tools we have and yet some were more talented, learned and prolific than any we have today. Our knowledge is extremely shallow in comparison.

But there is one truth on which all generations agree: ours is not a blind faith.

ananomyx

I bet you really hated God before you converted from atheism, huh?

:yawn:
i dont think i hated God. I hated the idea of people believing in a God. Yet when I seen the complexity of the universe and find it began at a point in time I was logically lead to a beginning the requires a beginner. I was lead to understanding that life has never been observed to come from nonlife. I understood that for there to be such thing as good and evil, then logically im appealing to some sort perfect moral law. i understood humanity is imperfect and could never be that perfect standard we know about. And to say we are but chemical reactions leads to an inconsistent worldview that doesnt align with the other evidences that exist....

fzappa13

I agree with this criticism wholeheartedly.

When I look at religious scholars of the past and their credentials, I am awestruck. They had none of the easy-life tools we have and yet some were more talented, learned and prolific than any we have today. Our knowledge is extremely shallow in comparison.

But there is one truth on which all generations agree: ours is not a blind faith.

Not to side track (though that is occasionally my wont) but I am a part of a generation that has gone from books to radios to TV to the internet and there is one thing I would warn those who seek information ... each step along the way this "information" has become more easily accessible and ...

You get what you pay for ...

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
i dont think i hated God. I hated the idea of people believing in a God. Yet when I seen the complexity of the universe and find it began at a point in time I was logically lead to a beginning the requires a beginner. I was lead to understanding that life has never been observed to come from nonlife. I understood that for there to be such thing as good and evil, then logically im appealing to some sort perfect moral law. i understood humanity is imperfect and could never be that perfect standard we know about. And to say we are but chemical reactions leads to an inconsistent worldview that doesnt align with the other evidences that exist....

I pray that you will find the right people here and share and study with them. heir, STP, Nick M, Tambora and many others in MAD. It's a study of Paul's epistles and the gospel of grace, the gospel of our salvation.

1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:13 KJV

when you hear and believe and trust that Christ saved you, you are saved and seal. Nothing can change that, so relax and learn !!!

ananomyx

I pray that you will find the right people here and share and study with them. heir, STP, Nick M, Tambora and many others in MAD. It's a study of Paul's epistles and the gospel of grace, the gospel of our salvation.

1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:13 KJV

when you hear and believe and trust that Christ saved you, you are saved and seal. Nothing can change that, so relax and learn !!!
i believe salvation comes from trusting and believing and everything you wrote.
What im referring to is claiming that we can speak to unbelievers about the Word of God and expect them to 'just believe'
I use to be an atheist and that is the worst answer to give someone!
Im trying to explain that as believers saved by grace through faith we are called to be able to defend the scriptures logically and rationally. Same way paul and the apostles did.

fzappa13

i believe salvation comes from trusting and believing and everything you wrote.
What im referring to is claiming that we can speak to unbelievers about the Word of God and expect them to 'just believe'
I use to be an atheist and that is the worst answer to give someone!
Im trying to explain that as believers saved by grace through faith we are called to be able to defend the scriptures logically and rationally. Same way paul and the apostles did.

Here we go ... I'm outta here :rapture:

Bradley D

I believe one must feel a need for God. I was on an mental/detox ward and I reached for the Gideon's NT. I did not believe that anything was left for me other than God. God was the missing part of me.

"The eye cannot say to the hand, "I don't need you!" And the head cannot say to the feet, "I don't need you!" (1 Cor. 12:21)

Hedshaker

All the usual god-of-the-gaps cliché's. Gotta love em. You just can't beat good old supernatural magic :think:

CherubRam

There is a truth, but few are able to find it. The bible says that God had a beginning, therefore He evolved; afterward He created. Read my motto.

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Psalm 31:5
Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O Lord God of truth.

Isaiah 65:16
That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes.

John 14:17
the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

John 15:26
“When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me.

John 16:13
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

1 John 4:6
We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

ananomyx

All the usual god-of-the-gaps cliché's. Gotta love em. You just can't beat good old supernatural magic :think:
do you not consider the universe popping into and bringing forth space time and matter and all the universal constants from infinite density "supernatural magic" lol

ananomyx

There is a truth, but few are able to find it. The bible says that God had a beginning, therefore He evolved; afterward He created. Read my motto.

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Psalm 31:5
Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O Lord God of truth.

Isaiah 65:16
That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes.

John 14:17
the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

John 15:26
“When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me.

John 16:13
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

1 John 4:6
We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.
where can i read ur motto. And God be definition cannot have a beginning. It's like saying the married bachelor. lol.

CherubRam

where can i read ur motto. And God be definition cannot have a beginning. It's like saying the married bachelor. lol.

My motto:
Truth is made known by reason of the facts.

God is the Beginning of life. That is what His name Yahwah means, "Life Began."

Alpha First Beginning
Isaiah 44:6
“This is what the Lord says— Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

Isaiah 48:12
“Listen to me, Jacob, Israel, whom I have called: I am he; I am the first and I am the last.

Revelation 1:8
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Revelation 21:6
He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life.

Revelation 22:13
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

ananomyx

My motto:
Truth is made known by reason of the facts.

God is the Beginning of life. That is what His name Yahwah means, "Life Began."

Alpha First Beginning
Isaiah 44:6
“This is what the Lord says— Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

Isaiah 48:12
“Listen to me, Jacob, Israel, whom I have called: I am he; I am the first and I am the last.

Revelation 1:8
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Revelation 21:6
He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life.

Revelation 22:13
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
just because God says He is the beginning doesn't mean that He has a beginning lol.

It's difficult for finite creatures to imagine life free from time and space. It's like fish trying to understand the lives of people on land. Because we're confined to time and space, we tend to impose those limitations upon God