For Complainers, Whiners, Nitpickers only.

WizardofOz

"For Complainers, Whiners, Nitpickers only"

Shouldn't that read "For Complainers, Whiners and (or) Nitpickers only"?
Sincerely,
Lighthouse​

SilenceInMotion

BANNED
Banned
P35BHIM-48.jpg

Am I.. a vampire? :jawdrop:

Daedalean's_Sun

As I understand it...

Implied profanity has missing letters of a profane or vulgar word an offensive profanity would have the profane or vulgar word spelled out complete, both can be offenses leading to the (offending) poster being banned here at TOL.

Please read the forums rules.

So it's essentially any profanity that is missing letters, so as to not fully spell out the profanity? Is there an established list of banned words? What constitutes profanity is culturally constructed.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So it's essentially any profanity that is missing letters, so as to not fully spell out the profanity? Is there an established list of banned words? What constitutes profanity is culturally constructed.
Are you nitpicking?

Post a post that contains vulgarities or profanities and see what happens. An established list of banned words? Not sure, but I would think that common sense would be applied in the use of such implied profanity and profanity. I think you know what the implied profanity and the profanity is. Myself I refuse do such as to use the implied profanity or profanity.

SilenceInMotion

BANNED
Banned
Are you nitpicking?

Post a post that contains vulgarities or profanities and see what happens. An established list of banned words? Not sure, but I would think that common sense would be applied in the use of such implied profanity and profanity. I think you know what the implied profanity and the profanity is. Myself I refuse do such as to use the implied profanity or profanity.

I don't even see why it is so enforced. As much harassing and trolling that goes on, completely ignored, it seems a bit redundant to be so iron fisted against profanity.

I say either all these things should be equally moderated, or close the book on 'rules'.

Daedalean's_Sun

Are you nitpicking?

I am simply desiring some clarification. What may be considered profanity to you might not be consider profanity to me.