Foolish Conversations

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
There Are To Many Foolish Discussions
2 Tim 2:14
14 Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers.
Titus 3:10-11
10 Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition,
11 knowing that such a person is warped and sinning, being self-condemned.
Titus 3:9
9 But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless.
2 Tim 2:23-26
23 But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife.
24 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient,
25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth,
26 and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will.
Eph 5:3-4
3 But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints;
4 neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks.
Gal 3:2-3
2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?
Rom 10:17-21
17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
18 But I say, have they not heard? Yes indeed: "Their sound has gone out to all the earth, and their words to the ends of the world."
19 But I say, did Israel not know? First Moses says: "I will provoke you to jealousy by those who are not a nation, I will move you to anger by a foolish nation."
20 But Isaiah is very bold and says: "I was found by those who did not seek Me; I was made manifest to those who did not ask for Me."
21 But to Israel he says: "All day long I have stretched out My hands to a disobedient and contrary people."
Rom 11:5
5 Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
Rom 12:16-21
16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men.
18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.
19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord.
20 Therefore "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him a drink; for in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head."
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
(NKJ)
XXX God doesnt ask us to get in or start fooiish discussions. All He ask us to do is believe what the scriptures say. I dont see alot of questions in scripture, but I see alot of foolish questions leading people off on tangents. consuming their thoughts and leading them away from the truth. God says to avoid questions about the old testament.

9 But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I have seen some pretty stupid conversations on here. lolo I have been in some. Don't you know that without the Word all you have is a theology. Theology is spiritual theory. Theory is guessing. If you want to prove your point go find out where it is written in scripture. And post the scripture.

[1Co 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.

[Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

[Rom 12:16
16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
14 Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers.
24 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient,
25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth,
26 and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will.
3 But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints;
4 neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks.
2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?
18 But I say, have they not heard? Yes indeed: "Their sound has gone out to all the earth, and their words to the ends of the world."
19 But I say, did Israel not know? First Moses says: "I will provoke you to jealousy by those who are not a nation, I will move you to anger by a foolish nation."
20 But Isaiah is very bold and says: "I was found by those who did not seek Me; I was made manifest to those who did not ask for Me."
21 But to Israel he says: "All day long I have stretched out My hands to a disobedient and contrary people."
5 Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men.
19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord.
20 Therefore "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him a drink; for in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head."
(NKJ)
XXX God doesnt ask us to get in or start fooiish discussions. All He ask us to do is believe what the scriptures say. I dont see alot of questions in scripture, but I see alot of foolish questions leading people off on tangents. consuming their thoughts and leading them away from the truth. God says to avoid questions about the old testament.

(NKJ)

I have seen some pretty stupid conversations on here. lolo I have been in some. Don't you know that without the Word all you have is a theology. Theology is spiritual theory. Theory is guessing. If you want to prove your point go find out where it is written in scripture. And post the scripture.

[1Co 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.

[Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

[Rom 12:16
Scripture is not to be used to prove your point. It is only to learn from.

When people have questions, they need answers. If you don't know who God is, His Law, His Character, His Attributes, you need to and you must learn Scripture the Word of God.

Titus was not circumcised. Timothy was. Paul had Timothy circumcised. Not so with Titus.

In Scripture we learn that there were some people always learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. We can know that they needed the Gospel, to learn and receive the Word of God.

Paul said that the Law is good if one uses it lawfully. And Paul said that the Law is good. Many people do not know how good the Law is. What of those who transgress the Law and whether or not they know that they are transgressing? Better to obey God than to be caught in disobedience to God and His Law. Further, I would be amiss not to mention the New Covenant. And not to mention salvation in Jesus Christ, not from the Law for it is from God, but from sin which is transgression of the Law.

Romans 7:6 NASB - 6 But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.

Romans 7:6 NKJV - But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not [in] the oldness of the letter.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

When people have questions, they need answers. If you don't know who God is, His Law, His Character, His Attributes, you need to and you must learn Scripture the Word of God.

Titus was not circumcised. Timothy was. Paul had Timothy circumcised. Not so with Titus.

In Scripture we learn that there were some people always learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. We can know that they needed the Gospel, to learn and receive the Word of God.

Paul said that the Law is good if one uses it lawfully. And Paul said that the Law is good. Many people do not know how good the Law is. What of those who transgress the Law and whether or not they know that they are transgressing? Better to obey God than to be caught in disobedience to God and His Law. Further, I would be amiss not to mention the New Covenant. And not to mention salvation in Jesus Christ, not from the Law for it is from God, but from sin which is transgression of the Law.

Romans 7:6 NASB - 6 But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.

Romans 7:6 NKJV - But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not [in] the oldness of the letter.

I said
ROFLOL I think you shot yourself in the foot. Look at the verses you posted. Them verses say to die to the law. You are one of them people always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

And don't forget to get rid of the old covenant. Cast out the old covenant.
TWO COVENANTS(TESTAMENTS) OLD TESTAMENT AND NEW TESTAMENT
Gal 4:22-24
22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman.
23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise,
24 which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar--
Gal 4:28-5:4
28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise.
29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now.
30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? "Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman."
31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.
CHAPTER 5

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
ROFLOL I think you shot yourself in the foot.
No
Look at the verses you posted.
I know what I posted.
Them verses say to die to the law.
No, they do not.
You are one of them people always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Incorrect. I just shared about people who are always learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth to you on another website, and you turned it against me with false accusations.
And don't forget to get rid of the old covenant.
No.
Cast out the old covenant.
Incorrect. Believe what Paul wrote instead. Apply it to your life if you should or must. You are using the word Cast in different ways.
TWO COVENANTS(TESTAMENTS) OLD TESTAMENT AND NEW TESTAMENT
Gal 4:22-24
22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman.
23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise,
24 which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar--
Gal 4:28-5:4
28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise.
29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now.
30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? "Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman."
31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.
CHAPTER 5

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
NoI know what I posted.No, they do not.
Incorrect. I just shared about people who are always learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth to you on another website, and you turned it against me with false accusations.

No.
Incorrect. Believe what Paul wrote instead. Apply it to your life if you should or must. You are using the word Cast in different ways.

I said
lololo Your an idiot. It says to die to the old testament law. lol And you posted them.

Read the OP your turning this into another one of your stupid conversations.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
lololo Your an idiot. It says to die to the old testament law. lol And you posted them.

Read the OP your turning this into another one of your stupid conversations.
The verse in question says having died to that by which we were bound. It does not say to die to the old testament law.

Tnkrbl123!

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

I like your verses and I will add one more that is relevant and perfectly suited for your post and that I like very much:

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." - Philippians 4:8

But your post says that "you don't find many questions in the bible" but just in those few verses there are 5 questions being asked.
You probably have not read the Proverbs or Psalms of Lamentations because those books are FULL of good healthy questions asked to God from those who are men after His own heart and dearly loved and even those who had the Holy Spirit (Bible says that King David was filled with and guided by the Holy Spirit) and he sure had a LOT of questions and God allowed Him to ask them and God gave him answers. PSALMS and LAMENTATIONS are chocked FULL of questions asked in the most real and raw moments in life and God answers them in a relationship way.

And you posted a bunch of verses there and then at the end you added your own idea by saying "××God says to avoid questions about the Old Testament"

But I cannot find that command or word from God anywhere in the entire Bible. Please show me where "God Says to avoid asking questions about the Old Testament - and because you said that "God says" please help point me to the place where God Says that because as far I am concerned God NEVER said "avoid asking questions about the Old Testament"

And why would he? A Faith that cannot stand strong through questioning is not a very good faith. Christianity can and does stand strong when questions are asked because we can provide answers. A Question will never collapse my faith. And actually asking questions = seeking to know more of God's word through the history of His creation and as a Christian we should be SEEKING that NOT AVOIDING THAT!

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The verse in question says having died to that by which we were bound. It does not say to die to the old testament law.

I said
Your an idiot. Yes it does.

Romans 7:6 NKJV - But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by,

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I like your verses and I will add one more that is relevant and perfectly suited for your post and that I like very much:

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." - Philippians 4:8

But your post says that "you don't find many questions in the bible" but just in those few verses there are 5 questions being asked.
You probably have not read the Proverbs or Psalms of Lamentations because those books are FULL of good healthy questions asked to God from those who are men after His own heart and dearly loved and even those who had the Holy Spirit (Bible says that King David was filled with and guided by the Holy Spirit) and he sure had a LOT of questions and God allowed Him to ask them and God gave him answers. PSALMS and LAMENTATIONS are chocked FULL of questions asked in the most real and raw moments in life and God answers them in a relationship way.

And you posted a bunch of verses there and then at the end you added your own idea by saying "××God says to avoid questions about the Old Testament"

But I cannot find that command or word from God anywhere in the entire Bible. Please show me where "God Says to avoid asking questions about the Old Testament - and because you said that "God says" please help point me to the place where God Says that because as far I am concerned God NEVER said "avoid asking questions about the Old Testament"

And why would he? A Faith that cannot stand strong through questioning is not a very good faith. Christianity can and does stand strong when questions are asked because we can provide answers. A Question will never collapse my faith. And actually asking questions = seeking to know more of God's word through the history of His creation and as a Christian we should be SEEKING that NOT AVOIDING THAT!

I said
Them are questions about the old testament. I avoid them. lol

God says to avoid questions about the old testament.

(NKJ)

musterion

First this...

Then he cites Scripture to prove his point...

Further, I would be amiss not to mention the New Covenant. And not to mention salvation in Jesus Christ, not from the Law for it is from God, but from sin which is transgression of the Law.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It really looks more like Jacob is trying to cause confusion rather than edify others.

NoI know what I posted.No, they do not.
No.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Your an idiot. Yes it does.

Romans 7:6 NKJV - But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by,

Today is Revi'i, Aviv 26. It is Yom.

No. It doesn't. You are demonstrating that you do not know what you are reading.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
First this...

Then he cites Scripture to prove his point...

Then what point do you think I was making?

I made some statements and taught something with scripture. I don't know what point you think that I am trying to prove with scripture.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

No. It doesn't. You are demonstrating that you do not know what you are reading.

I said
lolo You idiot. Do you ever look at the context?

[Rom 7:1, 4-6
1 Or do you not know, brethren (for I speak to those who know the law), that the law has dominion over a man as long as he lives? ...
4 Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another--to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God.
5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death.
6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not [in] the oldness of the letter.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
lolo You idiot. Do you ever look at the context?

1 Or do you not know, brethren (for I speak to those who know the law), that the law has dominion over a man as long as he lives? ...
4 Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another--to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God.
5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death.
6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not [in] the oldness of the letter.

If this is the context you can see, and I have no problem with it, do you believe that it supports what you have said?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If this is the context you can see, and I have no problem with it, do you believe that it supports what you have said?

I said
All men are bound to the old testament law, Until they become Christians and die to the law so that they can serve Christ. One cant serve Christ while they are under the old testament law. Not until they have died to the old testament law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
All men are bound to the old testament law, Until they become Christians and die to the law so that they can serve Christ. One cant serve Christ while they are under the old testament law. Not until they have died to the old testament law.

Great Scripture. Should I obey God? Yes. Should I obey Jesus? You do say that I should serve Him, and I should. I do know that I am a servant of Christ.