Five Things You Need To Know About The Paris Climate Deal

Quetzal

A momentous event! Wonderful news and gives me hope that the rest of the world is making strides despite a very ignorant base in the US stomping their feet pretending that this doesn't exist!

Excerpt:
The UN climate talks in Paris have ended with an agreement between 195 countries to tackle global warming. The climate deal is at once both historic, important – and inadequate. From whether it is enough to avoid dangerous climate change to unexpected wins for vulnerable nations, here are five things to help understand what was just agreed at COP21.

Link to full article.

Last edited:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
When the increase in ocean levels start encroaching on the homes and businesses of the top 1%, I predict that they will find a way for the rest of us to bail them out - its the American way!

Last edited:

whitestone

Man,,thanks for warning me! I'd sure hate to think somebody tricked me into thinking the people of earth should keep the planet clean instead of polluting it.

brewmama

Such ignorant gullibility! And all for a power grab and redistribution of wealth! And of course, as has been pointed out by the alarmists many times, it will make no difference and it's too late! But we will take your money anyway, 'cause that's what this is all about!!

:vomit:

genuineoriginal

How emissions trading at Paris climate talks has set us up for failure

he Paris Agreement has mostly been greeted with enthusiasm, though it contains at least one obvious flaw.

Few seem to have noticed that the main tool mooted for keeping us within the 2℃ global warming target is a massive expansion of carbon trading, including offsetting, which allows the market exchange of credits between companies and nations to achieve an overall emissions reduction.

. . .

But will these carbon trading and offsetting tools save the planet?

The short answer is no. These tools will not save the planet from overheating. In fact, they might be counter-productive to the goal of limiting warming to 2℃, never mind the unrealistic 1.5℃ ambition.

Carbon markets basically function as a delaying tactic. It’s been that way ever since their first inclusion in the 1997 Kyoto Protocol. The EU-ETS for instance, the first, biggest and most significant of all trading schemes, simply hasn’t delivered. It took the best part of ten years for it to start after Kyoto, and once in action it was riddled by fraud, corruption, over-allocation of permits and perverse incentives for carbon offsetting – all contributing to the fact that the price for carbon is so low that nobody cares.
. . .

Carbon trading, literally creating money out of thin air, is the only reason for the Climate Change hoax.

If you think this agreement will do anything for the environment and will not redistribute 99% of the remaining wealth to the top 1%, you are a moron.

Quetzal

Such ignorant gullibility! And all for a power grab and redistribution of wealth! And of course, as has been pointed out by the alarmists many times, it will make no difference and it's too late! But we will take your money anyway, 'cause that's what this is all about!!

We made it to post four before we attracted a denier! New record!

Quetzal

Carbon trading, literally creating money out of thin air, is the only reason for the Climate Change hoax.

If you think this agreement will do anything for the environment and will not redistribute 99% of the remaining wealth to the top 1%, you are a moron.
:chuckle: If you say so.

Quetzal

it's considered rude to just provide a link and not an excerpt

i can get one of the mods to explain it to you :idunno:
It hasn't stopped you before, but I did provide commentary and a brief opinion on it. But, by all means...

journey

Yes - man-made global warming is the largest and most expensive con game in history.

Right Divider

Body part
There you go, sweetie. I didn't want to create a wall of text but your excerpt is there just for you. ;)
According to most "scientists", there was an ice-age about 10,000 years ago where the sheet of ice was kilometers thick as far south as Green Bay, WI. This ice receded long before man started burning "fossil fuels". How does this fit with your theory?

Quetzal

According to most "scientists", there was an ice-age about 10,000 years ago where the sheet of ice was kilometers thick as far south as Green Bay, WI. This ice receded long before man started burning "fossil fuels". How does this fit with your theory?
Source, please. Which scientists? Which study? Conducted by who?