Feminism

Status
Not open for further replies.

SammyT

That's nice ... that you are fine with women voting. Because after all, I had to show a permission slip from a man for every election I have voted in since the age of 18.

No need to be passive aggressive, go ahead & say what you'd like to say.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No need to be passive aggressive, go ahead & say what you'd like to say.

In regards to this ...

Sammy said:
I am fine with women being able to vote, though I would prefer it be 1 family = 1 vote, with the man being the one to cast the ballot

IF you are fine with women being able to vote, you would not need to add restrictions to how many votes can be cast from one family and who would be allowed to cast that vote.

Clear enough?

Christian Liberty

So? Thank you for pointing out there are not enough intelligent women to make a difference. Which is why only men should vote.

I understand that there was a minority (i'd estimate around 10%) of Republicans who were actually intelligent, yet stupidly voted for Romney anyway.

I've devil's advocated the position that only men should vote before, but really, I'm not sure it would make a difference. Both of the mainstream options were retarded. The only smart options were Gary Johnson (He was more liberal than I would have liked, don't misunderstand. But at least he was sane foreign policy wise and cared about civil liberties abuses, I can't say that about Romney or Obama) or Virgil Goode (Who I didn't know much about and was disappointed with on his unwillingness to get the Feds out of drug policy, but was good on some other issues). That would be like 2% of the population tops that actually voted intelligently. With those kinds of odds, I don't care about men or women. I'd rather them just say that only people who know the names of at least five of the Presidential candidates could vote:p

IMJerusha

Non-Denominational. And yes, I agree with that for the most part. In any case, if a man is being the man God wants him to be for his family there would most likely be unanimous agreement amongst a man & his wife anyway, right?

Well, yes, for the most part. I imagine there might still be some differences of opinion but it's been my experience that if a man is good, kind, considerate and generous, there's not too much for a woman to complain about. Of course there's always some who would complain if you hung them with a gold rope. I've known some men like that too.

Christ's Word

So you'll be declining to vote from now on then?

I vote for who my husband tells me to vote for, based on his analysis. I do have input into that analysis, and gather information about candidates for him to review. I am not the only source of information, just one of many. We do discuss the elections in great detail, but ultimately I vote exactly the way he asks, I trust his judgment particularly when it comes to long term impact, he has proven his wisdom to me over 35 years.

Christ's Word

Some of our husbands don't see us as brain dead doormats fit only for cleaning the house and babysitting and sex toys.

Some of them realize we have a brain.

Many, as in your case imagine you have a normal human brain. Sharks have a brain, but they are not fit to vote, and neither are you.

Christ's Word

What on earth is going on? Chill out a bit. :denver:

What do you expect when she comes into my threads and calls me liar, and twists my words, talks trash about my husband, and is allowed to violate every rule here, and is never held accountable? Every moderator here turns a blind eye to her bull and it goes on and on. Read a few of the political threads and tell her to chill out a bit.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What's the point in married women voting?

~Riddle me this~

What's the purpose of a married man to vote? What's the purpose of single man, woman or senior citizen to vote?

It's their right ... that's it. However, if you truly believe people should not be allowed to vote, let's start with those who are advocating others shouldn't vote. That would be you.

Sitamun

Neither spouse should be ruled by the other. Marriage is a partnership, which demands equality between the two. No one should TELL the other whom they will vote for. Spirited debate is one thing, but demanding or any other form of forced opinion is wrong. One person, one vote. Use it how YOU will.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Neither spouse should be ruled by the other. Marriage is a partnership, which demands equality between the two. No one should TELL the other whom they will vote for. Spirited debate is one thing, but demanding or any other form of forced opinion is wrong. One person, one vote. Use it how YOU will.

:thumb:

The 5 solas

Neither spouse should be ruled by the other. Marriage is a partnership, which demands equality between the two.

The Bible teaches that the husband is the head of the wife, the wife should submit to her husband and she was created to be a helpmate for him. Equal value before God but with role distinctions.
Nowhere do the Scriptures imply it is a partnership as we think of partnership in our day and age.

No one should TELL the other whom they will vote for. Spirited debate is one thing, but demanding or any other form of forced opinion is wrong. One person, one vote. Use it how YOU will.

I find it curious that people get uptight about this. I am thinking that a married couple, speaking Christian-wise here, are one flesh, one mind and one spirit. They should think alike in political matters and I do not see how a married Christian couple would even differ.

IMJerusha

What do you expect when she comes into my threads and calls me liar, and twists my words, talks trash about my husband, and is allowed to violate every rule here, and is never held accountable? Every moderator here turns a blind eye to her bull and it goes on and on. Read a few of the political threads and tell her to chill out a bit.

This does not wash.

IMJerusha

The Bible teaches that the husband is the head of the wife, the wife should submit to her husband and she was created to be a helpmate for him. Equal value before God but with role distinctions.
Nowhere do the Scriptures imply it is a partnership as we think of partnership in our day and age.

I find it curious that people get uptight about this. I am thinking that a married couple, speaking Christian-wise here, are one flesh, one mind and one spirit. They should think alike in political matters and I do not see how a married Christian couple would even differ.

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.