ECT Faulty covenant?

SaulToPaul 2

All of the Temple Ordinances pertaining to the Priesthood, prefigured the Priesthood of Jesus Christ, which necessitated His bodily resurrection to sit at the right hand of God as High Priest and Intercessor for His people.

Hebrews 10:12-17 quotes from Psalm 110:1 and Jeremiah 31:33-34 which reveals this truth.

Also there are the accounts of Melchizedek's Kingship and Priesthood (Hebrews 7:2-4; 8:1) that prefigured Christ's kingdom rule and eternal advocacy, as found in Genesis 14:18-20 and Psalm 110:4.

Are you a priest in his priesthood?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Are you a priest in his priesthood?

Jesus Christ is High Priest over His Kingdom, and through Him I am a part of His spiritual house and holy priesthood. I Peter 2:4-5

I have known the saving grace of Jesus Christ and been chosen to offer up spiritual sacrifices (praises, thanksgivings & prayers for others) acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

I Peter 2:9-10

SaulToPaul 2

Jesus Christ is High Priest over His Kingdom, and through Him I am a part of His spiritual house and holy priesthood. I Peter 2:4-5

I have known the saving grace of Jesus Christ and been chosen to offer up spiritual sacrifices (praises, thanksgivings & prayers for others) acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

Priests are mediators between God and men.
Who do you mediate for?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Priests are mediators between God and men.
Who do you mediate for?

There is only one Mediator between God and men; the Man Jesus Christ. I Timothy 2:5

I am a living stone in His spiritual house, and function as representative of Him in my praises, thanksgivings and prayers for others.

SaulToPaul 2

There is only one Mediator between God and men; the Man Jesus Christ. I Timothy 2:5

I am a living stone in His spiritual house, and function as representative of Him in my praises, thanksgivings and prayers for others.

Then how are you a priest, since there is only one mediator?
A High Priest is over a priesthood.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Then how are you a priest, since there is only one mediator?
A High Priest is over a priesthood.

The "priesthood" over which Jesus Christ as King and High Priest reigns, is His "spiritual house."

Which is His church . . whose function is to spiritually represent Him on this earth.

SaulToPaul 2

The "priesthood" over which Jesus Christ as King and High Priest reigns, is His "spiritual house."

Which is His church . . whose function is to spiritually represent Him on this earth.

Nevertheless, a priest is a mediator by definition.
How do you mediate? And who do you mediate for?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Hebrews 8:7 KJV
(7) For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

What exactly do you think was faulty of the old covenant?

First of all there are 8 Covenants in the Bible;
(1) Edenic (2) Adamic (3) Noahic (4) Abrahamic (5) Land (6) Mosaic (7) Davidic (8) New.

The covenant referred to by the writer of the book of Hebrews is number 6 the Mosaic Covenant.
(1) it was one of two conditional covenants (2) it was added to the Abrahamic Covenant (3) it was temporal.

The Mosaic Covenant was given to Israel and not the rest of the nations. It made men sin more. It was an impossible task for men to become spiritually mature under the "tutor" because of man's sinful flesh. Therefore it kept men in a state of spiritual immaturity.

Once Yeshua came He rendered the entire Mosaic Covenant inoperative as the rule of life for the believers.

Because of sinful flesh the righteousness of the law of Moses condemned man and left man with his sin merely covered and not taken away.

Keep in mind David's attitude in spite of knowing the flesh's weakness to keep the law: he meditates on it Day and night and it was David's delight.

We now live under the law of Messiah which has hundreds of commandments but unlike David we have the permanent indwelling of the Holy Spirit and thus we have the power to overcome the flesh by grace living rather than performance based living.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Nang

TOL Subscriber
First of all there are 8 Covenants in the Bible;
(1) Edenic (2) Adamic (3) Noahic (4) Abrahamic (5) Land (6) Mosaic (7) Davidic

1-3, and 7 are all Covenants of Works (Law)

4 was a Covenant of Grace to Abram, accompanied by the promise of land.

7 was a Covenant of Grace to David, accompanied by the promise of an everlasting kindom.

So there are only Two covenants. The original Covenant of Works/Law and the New Covenant of Grace in Jesus Christ (that remedied the failure of the first).

Once Yeshua came He rendered the entire Mosaic Covenant inoperative as the rule of life for the believers.

Incorrect. The Decalogue is the eternal holy standard of God. Only through the New Covenant of Grace are sinners enabled to live pleasing to God, through faith in Jesus Christ.

All sinners are held morally responsible and accountable to God's holy standards under the demands of the Covenant of Works. All sinners are unable to keep this Covenant; therefore it condemns all.

The only remedy for this dilemna is the satisfactory fulfillment of the Old Covenant of works; achieved by the Son of Man, Jesus, on behalf of those souls He represented in His incarnate state. Because He fulfilled and satisfied all the legal and moral demands of the Old Covenant of Works, was a New Covenant of Grace established for the salvation of those who are justified through faith in His righteousness.

Going on inaccurately about the Covenants is a foolish endeavor, for when the information is wrong, the Gospel of Jesus Christ is skewed and becomes powerless to save.

Dispensationalists would do well to do a closer study of Covenant Theology.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
To insist they are only fulfilled literally, by earthly means (works) and (unregenerated) men, causes you to miss the Gospel message of Spirit and Grace altogether.

Nag: Out with...

28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

=satanic

john w

Hall of Fame
Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.

Instead of walking in the flesh condemned by the law, we uphold the moral law by walking in the Spirit.

More irrelevant spamming of a random verse, that has NADA to do with the topic.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

candyandy-not in the bible...

-satanic

john w

Hall of Fame
Only those born from above are given understanding of these promises of divine regeneration, that produces changed hearts, ears to hear, and eyes to see the Gospel of God. I Corinthians 2:9-16

Translated: Uh, urr, well, you are wrong, John W., so I will just mutter an irrelevant spam, as usual, you see, uh, urr.....

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The old testament scriptures. The priests made intercession for the people.

Not so defined . . .

The O.T. priests prefigured the Mediatorship of Jesus Christ. Their earthly functions had to do with ordinances and were only sacramental and ceremonial by nature.

In order to truly Mediate between God and men, it was necessary that sole Mediator be both God and Man. Thus, Jesus Christ is named King and High Priest after the order of Melchizidek, because of His eternal Being.

A Christian's earthly priesthood is holy and royal, but it too is only representative of the advocacy and intercession of Jesus Christ. When we pray for others, we pray in His name,resting in His Sovereignty and grace.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
More irrelevant spamming of a random verse, that has NADA to do with the topic.

There is no such thing as a random verse! :nono:

Romans 3:31 is conclusive, not random, for it sums up an entire passage and the topic comparing works versus grace.

Many times you should just not post at all . . . for you do not give these matters enough thought.

john w

Hall of Fame
Actually, as an update, I went to work two weeks earlier than my GP allowed, against the doctors decision, and against my company's decision, and haven't had a day sick since my first day back in November. The physiotherapist refused to see me anymore after only two visits, and the surgeon cancelled my follow up appointment in April because he's lost interest.

Are you ready to include God in this recovery yet?
Puh-rayzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus!!!

Had you given a $666 "Love gift," just think of what the Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd would have bestowed on you, as the floodgates of Heaven would have overflowed!!!!! Give Gaaaaawd the guh-low-reeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do I hear an "Ay-mehn?!!!Give the Laaaaaaawd a shout, saints!!!!!

john w

Hall of Fame

No, only the lost need a High Priest. The Lord Jesus Christ is an advocate, for respective members of the boc, saved ones, not the High Priest.

For once, Nag, shuck your "the" church SOF, and study the details of the book itself. You are addicted to that Clavinst SOF.

john w

Hall of Fame
1-3, and 7 are all Covenants of Works (Law)

4 was a Covenant of Grace to Abram, accompanied by the promise of land.

7 was a Covenant of Grace to David, accompanied by the promise of an everlasting kindom.

So there are only Two covenants. The original Covenant of Works/Law and the New Covenant of Grace in Jesus Christ (that remedied the failure of the first).

Incorrect. The Decalogue is the eternal holy standard of God. Only through the New Covenant of Grace are sinners enabled to live pleasing to God, through faith in Jesus Christ.

All sinners are held morally responsible and accountable to God's holy standards under the demands of the Covenant of Works. All sinners are unable to keep this Covenant; therefore it condemns all.

The only remedy for this dilemna is the satisfactory fulfillment of the Old Covenant of works; achieved by the Son of Man, Jesus, on behalf of those souls He represented in His incarnate state. Because He fulfilled and satisfied all the legal and moral demands of the Old Covenant of Works, was a New Covenant of Grace established for the salvation of those who are justified through faith in His righteousness.

Going on inaccurately about the Covenants is a foolish endeavor, for when the information is wrong, the Gospel of Jesus Christ is skewed and becomes powerless to save.

Dispensationalists would do well to do a closer study of Covenant Theology.

Made up terms-no such thing as "Covenant of Grace....Covenant of Works...the New Covenant of Grace."

You just make things up, deceiver.

So there are only Two covenants.

What covenant of the "only Two covenants" is this, referencing the covenant God made with "fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth?" Covenant og Grace? Covenant of Redemption? Unpack it for us.

Genesis 6 KJV
18 But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.

19 And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.

20 Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.

Nag: Clueless.