Faith to believe on Christ !

beloved57

Faith is by Jesus Christ !

Faith is by Jesus Christ !

Acts 3:16

16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

The word by is the prep dia which means:

through, on account of, because of

Faith to believe in Christ, and His Power is because of Him. Many false teachers tell us that Faith is an human attribute of the natural man, that is a lie. Faith is an Spiritual Grace given in New Birth of the Spirit, the Spirit of Christ. Its a Grace alloted to all the Heirs, the Seed, the Children of Promise. Peter writes in 2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

The word obtained is the word λαγχάνω

I obtain (receive) by lot, my lot (turn) is, (b) I draw lots.

The word lot denotes: allotted share or portion: to receive one's lot of an inheritance.

The Holy Spirit is given as part of their Inheritance Eph 1:13-14

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14 Which is the earnest or down payment of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

And its as a result of the Spirit Given, that the Fruit of Faith is given Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit[Given] is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

And so Faith to believe and rest in Christ is by Him. Its given to all the Joint Heirs with Him Rom 8:17

And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

For Christ is that Heir [Seed]of Abraham to whom all the Promises were made Gal 3:16-18

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

All the Seed shall receive Faith as an down payment of their Inheritance with Christ, the Seed of Abraham.

beloved57

All men have not Faith given to them !

All men have not Faith given to them !

2 Thess 3:1-2

Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:

2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.

What this means in a primary regard is that all men have not been given born again of the Spirit, for the natural man does not have faith, for faith has to do with Spiritual things not seen or visible to the natural eye, as well as Hope Rom 8:24

24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

Yes this Hope comes from the New Birth, which is the fruit of Christ's Resurrection, which is the evidence of His Saving Death 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,;

And man by nature can only walk by sight, to what he see's, whereas to walk by Faith is the opposite as depicted here 2 Cor 5:7

7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight ), and it is written also Heb 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Its unnatural for the natural man to walk by Faith !

For Faith is the fruit/product of the Spirit, hence we receive in New Birth the Spirit of Faith 2 Cor 4:13

13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

To say that the natural man has faith Heb 11:1,6 is not true, it's anti scriptural, something those in the flesh have no capability of doing !

Christian Liberty

Beloved57 is a, "hyper-Calvinist!" His beliefs are extreme, that's why He's in his "own little camp!!'' He's what I would call a, "Calvinist cultist!!"

I'd throw him in with Carpenter, but OTC and B-57 would anathemize eiach other over the duty-faith issue.

I don't think B-57 is the only one who holds the beliefs he holds, but they are an extreme minority.

I'm what you'd call "Calvinist" and I still say he's nuts.

beloved57

Saving/Converting Faith is from the Spirit's Work !

Saving/Converting Faith is from the Spirit's Work !

2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Saving Faith or belief of the Truth, is the Result of the Saving Work of the Spirit in Regeneration Titus 3:5

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

And so Faith or Belief of the Truth is but evidence of a saved state, a New Life given, because a person in a lost state cannot exhibit a consious act of Faith or belief, for such an act of Faith is Spiritually and supernaturally induced by the Power of the Spirit working within one ! Phil 2:12-13

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

13 For it is God which worketh[putting forth power] in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

We believe by God putting forth power in us, so Paul says Eph 1:19

19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, !

beloved57

Why does one believe on Christ ?

Why does one believe on Christ ?

Why does one believe on Christ ? Because they have been made righteous or just by the obedience of Jesus Christ Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

The word righteous here is the word dikaios:

righteous, observing divine laws

in a wide sense, upright, righteous, virtuous, keeping the commands of God

of those who seem to themselves to be righteous, who pride themselves to be righteous, who pride themselves in their virtues, whether real or imagined

innocent, faultless, guiltless

used of him whose way of thinking, feeling, and acting is wholly

conformed to the will of God, and who therefore needs no rectification in the heart or life

only Christ truly

approved of or acceptable of God

The word is also translated 33x as the word Just, and its used here Rom 1:17

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

So Rom 5:19 can read:

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made Just !

And what is the Promise to the Just in Rom 1:17 ? The Just shall do what ? The Just shall live by Faith. Meaning everyone Christ died for, shall be made to live by Faith.

All for whom He died Righteousness has been imputed to them, and the Just or Righteous shall live by Faith [Heb 11:1].

All who have been made Righteous by the obdience of Christ, shall be made Godly in this present world , which Godliness begins with the acknowledging of the Truth Titus 1:1

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

So everyone whom Has Christ's Righteousness imputed to their charge, shall be made to Live by Faith or Believe on Christ !

Last edited:

beloved57

Is Faith the Gift of God too ?

Is Faith the Gift of God too ?

Is Faith the Gift of God too ? Yes, of course Faith is the Gift of God also, given through Christ. Wheb God gave Christ, He gave with Him, all things for Life and Salvation Rom 8:32

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

The word Gift here is the greek word charisma and means:

a favour with which one receives without any merit of his own

the gift of divine grace

the gift of faith, knowledge, holiness, virtue

the economy of divine grace, by which the pardon of sin and eternal salvation is appointed to sinners in consideration of the merits of Christ laid hold of by faith

grace or gifts denoting extraordinary powers, distinguishing certain Christians and enabling them to serve the church of Christ, the reception of which is due to the power of divine grace operating on their souls by the Holy Spirit

You see that ? The Gift of God is Eternal Life through Jesus Christ, and with that Gift comes The Gift of Faith !

Faith is the Gift of God because it accompanies Salvation Heb 6:9 and Christ, for those He was given in behalf of, He is their Salvation Lk 2:30
For mine eyes have seen thy salvation !

Faith is the Fruit of the Spirit of God Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

The word fruit here also means:

work, act, deed

So the work of the Spirit[in us] effects love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Our Believing is the result of the Work of God the Spirit in Us Jn 6:29

Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work or fruit of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Faith is the fruit of the Spirit which Spirit we receive when quickened from the dead as Per Eph 2:1,5

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

And such is the work of the Spirit of God mediated through Christ Jn 6:63

63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

This proves also that Christ's Disciples that received His words at this time, all except judas, had been already quickened by the Spirit, because they were receiving Christ's words which were to them Spirit and Life. Remember Peter said Jn 6:68

68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

Jesus also said of them Jn 17:8

8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

This could only be possible if they were quickened to Life by the Spirit, and So Faith that embraces and rests in Christ for Salvation is the Gift of God issuing from New Birth or Quickening of the Spirit. David said Ps 80:18

18 So will not we go back from thee: quicken us, and we will call upon thy name [in Faith].

This doctrine is even found in the OT scriptures !

Now if this were not the case, Faith that Pleases God would not be possible because #1. A person in the flesh, not yet quickened or born of the Spirit, such a one cannot please God Rom 8:8

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. and Faith does please God Heb 11:6.

And #2, A spiritually dead person cannot spiritually understand the Word of God, which words are Spirit and Life Jn 6:63.

For man by nature does not understand Rom 3:11

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Notice also here that the word understandeth is coupled with the word seeketh, the same word joined to Faith Heb 11:6 which pleases God ; and Saving Fruitful Faith does have an element of Spiritual Understanding as denoted here Matt 13:23

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty,
some thirty.

Thats the same word understandeth in Rom 3:11. That should let us know that the man in Matt 13:23 is a born again man ! And these verses denotes the natural man's inability to understand Divine Truth 1 Cor 2:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know[understand] them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Christ and His Gospel in order to profit us must be spiritually discerned !

Jn 3:3

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see[understand, discern,perceive] the kingdom of God.

And the Gospel is the Gospel of the Kingdom of God Mk 1:14-15

Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

beloved57

Through Faith !

Through Faith !

Eph 2:8

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

The difference in saved on account of Faith and by means of Faith, it is this, our God given Faith in New Birth is the means by which the Holy Spirit uses for an application of the Knowledge of ones Salvation Lk 1:77

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

That Salvation comes through having their sins forgiven, which is by and through the Blood of Christ Eph 1:7

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

John the baptist knew about this because He knew that Christ was that Lamb of God Jn 1:29 that taketh away the sin of the world[of God's People], which is another way of saying remission of sins, and so Faith is given to those who have had their sins remittied that they come to know of it spiritually !

Faith is an instrument of means to convey spiritual Knowledge ! Thats because Spiritual Knowedlge cannot be conveyed to the mind of the flesh, which is enmity against God Rom 8:7

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

And it can only mind the things of the flesh Rom 8:5

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

beloved57

Faith is a Gift of God !

Faith is a Gift of God !

We know Faith is a Spiritual Grace from a Supernatural Source because we read of it this comment 1 Pet 1:7

7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

When genuine Faith is tested by the varius trials, it cannot perish, because its born out of that Incorruptible Seed. 1 Pet 1:23

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

The word incorruptible [aphthartos] means:

uncorrupted, not liable to corruption or decay, imperishable

Now certainly , this kind of Faith is not t o be found in the nature and flesh of unregenerate men !

The Lord Jesus Christ is the Author and Finisher of this type of Faith, whom Himself endured many trials with it ! Heb 12:2-3

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

Thats the type Faith given the believer who was begotten out of the Incorruptible Seed, the Word of God, which is Christ Jn 1:1, who is the Author of this type Faith !

Those who falsely teach that this Faith is in the old man of the flesh by nature, are liars and deceivers, and they are attempting to steal the Praise, Honour and Glory of it for themselves !

beloved57

Faith is not from the natural man !

Faith is not from the natural man !

Many of the religionists who are full of themselves, they boast of Faith in Salvation being something that is in man by nature, but they are liars. The Faith that pleases God as Per Heb 11:6 is not in the natural man, for the natural man cannot please God Rom 8:7-8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

The natural man is anyone born of natural generation by our natural parents. That makes us carnal by nature. The word carnal sarx means:

B.used of natural or physical origin, generation or relationship
i.
born of natural generation

And so in this condition, we cannot please God, which Faith that Pleases God does according to Heb 11:6

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

And yet proud religionists will still insist that the carnal natural man has Faith !

Now here in Heb 11:1,6 the Faith that Pleases God comes from the Author and Finisher of It, the Lord Jesus Christ Heb 12:1,2

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

In other words religionists, that Faith which pleases God Heb 11:6, Jesus Christ is the Author and Finisher of !

The Father has said on many occasions this Matt 3:17

And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

The Prophet of old speaking of Christ writes Isa 42:21

The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

Now, it is this Faith, that of the Son of God, whom the Father is well Pleased, that is the Faith that Pleases God.

This is the Faith Paul means here Gal 2:20

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

All for whom Christ died, He gives them a portion of His Faith in the New Birth.

That's why Peter calls it this 2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

That word obtained λαγχάνω:

obtain by lot
A.
to receive by divine allotment, obtain

II.
to cast lots, determine by lot

An allotment is a portion ,to furnish with a portion, as with an inheritance or a dowry

the part of an estate that goes to an heir or a next of kin.

So Faith is allotted to all the Joint Heirs of Jesus Christ whom He died for. Remember Rom 8:17

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

And Christ allots them a portion of their Inheritance in Him, Faith. Rom 12:3

For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

We know this is not speaking of all natural men, for they cannot please God. This is speaking of every man who are Heirs of God and Joint Heirs of Jesus Christ, remember, before Rom 12:3 we read of Rom 8:17 !

So Faith that pleases God Heb 11:6 cannot be out of the flesh, its out of the Son of God, the Author and Finisher of it and gives it to all His Joint Heirs, Chosen in Him before the foundation. Eph 1:4.

beloved57

Faith cometh by hearing of the Word of God! 4

Faith cometh by hearing of the Word of God! 4

Rom 10:17

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

This statement is extremely important, and abused by religionists. They suppose that Hearing here is done by the natural man in the flesh, not born again, however that is not even close to the Truth. Let me explain, Jesus made a very important statement as to who Hears the Word of God, or the Words of God; Jn 8:43

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

Jesus told some jews that they cannot hear His Word, meaning they did not have the ability to hear it, yes the could hear it physically and Audibly, naturally, however what Jesus means by this statement is that they COULD NOT hear it Spiritually, they did not have Spiritual Ears by New Birth.

Listen, when Jesus says He that hath a Ear, as here Rev 2:7,11,17,29 let him Hear, He means he that has spiritual ears from New Birth from His Resurrection 1 Pet 1:3,23.

Now lets look at another statement Jesus said about the ability or lack of ability to hear God's word. Jn 8:47

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

That's it folks, He that is of God heareth God's Words. Now what does it mean to be of God ?

The word of is the prep ek and means I.out of, from, by, away from, Its etymology is:

A primary preposition denoting origin (the point whence action or motion proceeds), from, out (of place, time, or cause; literal or figurative

So what Jesus is saying, He that is Born out of God is the one who hears God's Words Spiritually.

Born of God scriptures to consider in this matter 1 Jn 3:9

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 Jn 4:7

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

1 Jn 5:1

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

This scripture specifically collaborates Jesus Words of Jn 8:47, its being stated here exactly who it is that Believeth Jesus is the Christ, those having been born of God !

1 Pet 1:23

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Here the prep ek is used as to being born out of the incorruptible Seed, by the Word of God [The Living Word] Jn 1:1 who was God in the Flesh Jn 1:14.

So these things scripture testifies to, it does not matter who the person is, how religious they are, how learned they are, unless a person has been born of God, they cannot hear [spiritually] God's word, and so the Faith they have is not the Faith of Rom 10:17.

Also I say this, if any man, say they heard and believed the Gospel unto Salvation before they were Born of God, they are a Liar, and the Truth is not in them !

beloved57

Scriptures which signify that Faith is from God !

Scriptures which signify that Faith is from God !

Scriptures which signify that Faith is from God , that is Faith to believe on Christ, to come to Him, because its not in man by nature Rom 8:8. Now here they are Jn 6:37

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Jn 6:44

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Jn 6:65

65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

Also its plain from these scriptures that the natural man cannot believe in Christ. That's made clear by the words " no man can come" man lackes the ability to come/believe in Christ.

Paul teaches the same thing here Rom 8:8

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

You see the word come denotes coming in Faith Heb 11:6

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

The word cometh here in Heb 11:6 is the same word in the above Jn 6:37,44,65 verses.

This Faith or Coming ability must be given by God, for it does not reside in human nature !

Also that Faith or Coming to Christ is a work is seen here in Heb 11:6 because its stated that the ones who do come in Faith God is a rewarder. Heb 11:6

The word rewarder is the greek word misthapodotés:

misthapodótēs (from 3408misthos, "reward" and 591 /apodídōmi, "give from") – properly, someone "paying what is due; a rewarder" (Abbott-Smith); a paymaster (A. T. Robertson), giving rewards in keeping with his own values. 3406 /misthapodótēs is only used in Heb 11:6.

one who pays wages

Wages:

Often, wages. money that is paid or received for work or services,

So this also condemns those who teach that God saves people for their Faith, that's translates still into salvation by works !

beloved57

Faith to trust Christ is very rare !

Faith to trust Christ is very rare !

Lk 18:7-8

7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

That Faith which is precious and bestowed in Salvation is very rare,
2 Pet 1:1

Yes, its only a small amount of the "Them that have obtained it"

This Faith is not through Adam, the natural man knows nothing of it, So

and all men do not have it 2 Thess 3:2

2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.

In Fact, Faith is the God given seal with the Spirit 2 Cor 1:22

22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Now let me show you the correlation of Faith and Sealing. Faith is defined here Heb 11:1

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Now the word sealed is the word sphragizō and means:

I.to set a seal upon, mark with a seal, to seal
A.
for security: from Satan

B.
since things sealed up are concealed (as the contents of a letter), to hide, keep in silence, keep secret

C.
in order to mark a person or a thing
i.
to set a mark upon by the impress of a seal or a stamp

ii.
angels are said to be sealed by God

D.
in order to prove, confirm, or attest a thingI.

to confirm authenticate, place beyond doubt
a.
of a written document

b.
to prove one's testimony to a person that he is what he professes to be

Now the word attest means:

to give proof or evidence of

Then the word prove means to:

to establish the truth or genuineness of, as by evidence or argument

Faith is that which marks us as Children of God, born of God !

Gal 3:26

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Here in Heb 11:4

4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Abel had Faith in Christ Jesus, to him He was that coming Seed of the Women Gen 3:15 !

And So all who belong to God are sealed with the Spirit to produce the fruit of Faith.

This also proves the necessity of the New Birth prior to Faith in Christ, and f we have not the Spirit, we are none of His Rom 8:9

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Yes even the OT Prophets had the Spirit of Christ in them as Per 1 Pet 1:9-11

9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

The Prophets in the OT had the Spirit of Christ in them as the Believers in the NT do Rom 8:9 ! Which Spirit seals us with Faith in the Testimony of God !

beloved57

Belivers by the Command and Will of God !

Belivers by the Command and Will of God !

1 Tim 1:1

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;

1 Jn 3:23

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

Believers become Believers by the Commandment of God, in the same effectual manner in which Paul the Apostle became a Believer/ Apostle 1 Tim 1:1

In fact, all believers to one degree or another are Apostles of Christ or sent ones !

Notice again that his apostleship was according to the commandment of God OUR Saviour and Jesus Christ, If God is Our Saviour and Jesus Christ He has Commanded our Faith, by Decree/injunction;

This verse more than indicates that Believers become believers according to the Command of God. It equally as well means that we become believers according to the will of God as here it also regards Paul's Apostleship Eph 1:1

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

That word will is thelēma:

I.
what one wishes or has determined shall be done
A.
of the purpose of God to bless mankind through Christ

B.
of what God wishes to be done by usI.

commands, precepts

II.
will, choice, inclination, desire, pleasure

Remember, an Apostle, though a Unique Office, is nevertheless only part of an whole of the Body of Christ, a member of it Eph 4:11-13

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

1 Cor 12:27-30

27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

28 And God hath set some in the church [Body of Christ], first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

What be more clearer that Apostles as well as other subordinate offices are assigned by God to the Mystical Body of Chris, the Church Vs 27

The Apostles are merely members of that Body along with other members who are not Apostles by Office, but members together none the less. Scripture says God has Sovereignly set them in their stations Vs

28. The word set τίθημι:

It means to appoint,I.to set, put, place, to choose,to give a place in.

The point is this, the Appointment of God to be a Apostle like Paul or Peter is no more important, less appointed that His setting those into the office or work of helps 1 Cor 12:28

28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

All have been appointed in the same manner as the Apostles were 1 Cor 12:14-21

14 For the body is not one member, but many.

15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?

18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?

20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.

21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

The Apostles cannot boast and say, Well I was made an Apostle by the Commandment of God as 1 Tim 1:1 or the Will of God Eph 1:1 and you were not ! That would be inaccurate !

In fact the same word will Paul uses in Eph 1:1 is the same one he uses here in 1 Cor 12:18

18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

So, this is undeniable scripture proof that those of us who are True believers in Christ, became so by the Sovereign Commandment of God 1 Tim 1:1 and Will of God Eph 1:1.

To deny this is to deny truth of scripture. !

beloved57

Another way to define Faith Heb 11:1

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Faith is that which gives spiritual evidence or persuasion of our Saving Interest in the Person and Work of Christ for God's Elect !

Nanja

Another way to define Faith Heb 11:1

Faith is that which gives spiritual evidence or persuasion of our Saving Interest in the Person and Work of Christ for God's Elect !

Because faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit (Gal.5:22), a person cannot bear spiritual fruit
unless they first have experienced the new birth. (1 Pet. 1:23)

This kind of faith which God gives to all His saints is an amazing spiritual confirmation;
a profound assurance of the eternal life Christ has accomplished for them in His death and resurrection!

~~~~~

beloved57

nanja

Because faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit (Gal.5:22), a person cannot bear spiritual fruit
unless they first have experienced the new birth. (1 Pet. 1:23)

Yes. If you notice in 1 Pet 1:23 it is this one born of incorruptible seed, the Logos of God, that Peter says the Gospel was preached to 1 Pet :25

25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

So in Salvation, the Preached word bears fruit in the ones having been born out of the Word of God !

Nanja

nanja

Yes. If you notice in 1 Pet 1:23 it is this one born of incorruptible seed, the Logos of God, that Peter says the Gospel was preached to 1 Pet :25

25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

So in Salvation, the Preached word bears fruit in the ones having been born out of the Word of God !

Amen. The word which by the gospel preached unto you...and me.
Thanks for pointing that out :cool:

beloved57

Receiving the things pertaining to God !

Receiving the things pertaining to God !

Faith by which one receives Christ, or believes on His Name, is only ascribed to those who have been born of God Jn 1:12-13

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

For the natural man cannot receive the things of God 1 Cor 2:14, which the Person and Work of Christ is, that which pertains to God Heb 2:17

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Heb 5:1

For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins:

BTW the scriptures are of those things which pertain to the things of the Spirit of God 1 Cor 2:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Now the scriptures are said to 2 Pet 1:20-21

20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

2 Tim 3:15-16

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

So its only logical that, that which the scriptures declare 1 Cor 15:3-4

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Be revealed by its Author 1 Cor 2:10-12

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

beloved57

without me ye can do nothing.

without me ye can do nothing.

Jn 15:4-5

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Before we can bear fruit, we must be in Christ, and Christ in us, So before we can believe [Faith] we must be in Christ and again, Christ in us by His Spirit, For Faith/ Believing is a Fruit of His Spirit Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

We know believers are in Christ before they believe, because Christ says of His Sheep before they Hear and Believe and follow Him this Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

The word have is the greek word echo:

I.
to have, i.e. to hold
A.
to have (hold) in the hand, in the sense of wearing, to have (hold) possession of the mind (refers to alarm, agitating emotions, etc.), to hold fast keep, to have or comprise or involve, to regard or consider or hold as

II.
to have i.e. own, possess

A.to be closely joined to a person or a thing

Yes if He has them, they are in Him. Also all believers were ordained to Eternal Life before they believed Acts 13:48

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

For they were ordained to Eternal Life because they were heirs of promise Gal 3:29

And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Heb 6:17

Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath:

And to all the Heirs of Promise its given to them to believe on Christ Phil 1:29. They had been ordained to Eternal Life by being in Union with Christ their Mediator Head before the world began, when this Eternal Life was promised Titus 1:1-2

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Here it was promised to Christ and His Seed Chosen in Him Eph 1:4. Remember Gal 3:16-19

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Now the Promised Inheritance in Vs 18 is Eternal Life, and the Promise was initially made to Christ in Eternity Past, indicated in Vs 16,17,19, God's Promise was made to Christ before the world began Titus 1:2, and those Chosen in Him before the foundation Eph 1:4, they were ordained with Him as joint Heirs with Christ Rom 8:17, and they believe Acts 13:48.

Truster

Can you explain the points I made in the OP ?

You didn't make any points in the OP you just cut and paste scripture and made no tangible comment on them. Which leads me to the inevitable conclusion…You haven't got any understanding of what the scriptures convey. You may have an idea, but the true meaning is just over the horizon of your thought process.

So can you explain the points you made in the OP?