Faith to believe on Christ !

beloved57

Faith to Believe in Christ is the Fruit of the Spirit !

Faith to Believe in Christ is the Fruit of the Spirit !

Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

The Spirit is the Fruit of Christ's Death Jn 12:24

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Most religionist in their desire to boast, reject the Truth that Faith to believe in Christ for Salvation, that its the fruit, the operation of the Spirit in one for whom Christ died Phil 1:29; 2:13 and it is not a natural mans response to the Gospel or some offer !

For it takes this fruit of Faith given by the Spirit, or it can be called the Spirit of Faith 2 Cor 4:13

13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

13 The Tanakh says, “I trusted, therefore I spoke.” Since we have that same Spirit who enables us to trust, we also trust and therefore speak;

The Same Spirit that produced Faith in the OT Saints does also in the NT Saints in accordance with what is written in the scripture !

The Spirit gives persuasion and reality to the Divine Testimony or Report, which causes such Testimony to have a deep impression on the renewed mind [for you cannot put New Wine into Old Bottles] receiving the Testimony of God.

When it comes to Salvation, the Gospel is God's testimony to one who has been saved by His Son's Blood 1 Thess 2:13

13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

Believing the Gospel of Salvation also has an element of entrusting or committing oneself in Gospel Obedience which the natural man of the flesh cannot do Rom 8:7-8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God

Now understand something about the law of God in Vs7. This word is not restricted to the mosaic law, but its meaning is much broader, for instance its defined as nomos:

usage, custom, law; in NT: of law in general, plur: of divine laws; of a force or influence impelling to action; of the Mosaic law; meton: of the books which contain the law, the Pentateuch, the Old Testament scriptures in general.

any system of religious thinking (theology), especially when nomos occurs without the Greek definite article.

Notice, the Old Testament scriptures in General is considered Law, and the Gospel is Preached from the Old Testament Scriptures according to Paul 1 Cor 15:1-4

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

During Paul's time only the OT Scriptures had been completed.

So to Believe Savingly into what the Scriptures reveal, would have been impossible for those yet in the flesh and carnal ! Only God given Faith by God the Spirit, the fruit of New Birth can and does cause one to Believe !

beloved57

Heb 11:1 is Not Natural Human Faith !

Heb 11:1 is Not Natural Human Faith !

Heb 11:1

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

This Faith is not that which is of the human nature, the natural man, or of the flesh. This is True because its gives evidence of things not seen by the natural eye, and the natural man is not capacitated to walk outside of its realm of creation, which is natural and things that are seen, for which reason Paul can say only to the regenerate or born again, We walk by Faith and not by Sight 2 Cor 5:5-7

5 Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.

6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight )

To begin a Walk by Faith we must first have been Given the Spirit.

The natural man can no more have this Faith [ Heb 11:1] in God as can a elephant ! Man by nature are as beasts. You can preach the Gospel of God to an elephant all day long, and it will never be able to believe it, so it is with the natural man, not born of the Spirit. Man before a miraculous New Birth is only natural 1 Cor 15:46

Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

That's why it is written, 1 Jn 5:1

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

In the original it would read " whosoever is believing that Jesus is the Christ, has been born of God !

In other words, the believing in the Christos is an evidence of having been born of God. For its not until one is born again that we can believe things not discerned by human reason or sense 1 Cor 2:13-15

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. Note: Paul is speaking of the Gospel as the things he speaks !

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

This is key, notice, he that is spiritual [born f the Spirit] Judgeth all things, that is Doctrines of the Gospel.

The judging here is not natural matters, but spiritual matters, Spiritual Gospel Truths, Spiritual realties of the Person and Work of Jesus Christ, Christ Crucified as stipulated in Vs 2 of the same passage 1 Cor 2:2

And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

And Natural Human Faith cannot understand the Truths regarding this, but only a God Given Faith such as described in Heb 11:1,6 !

beloved57

We believed because ordained to Eternal Life !

We believed because ordained to Eternal Life !

Acts 13:48

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they rejoiced and glorified (praised and gave thanks for) the Word of God; and as many as were destined (appointed and ordained) to eternal life believed (adhered to, trusted in, and relied on Jesus as the Christ and their Savior).

48 This message made the Gentiles glad, and they praised what they had heard about the Lord. Everyone who had been chosen for eternal life then put their faith in the Lord.

The False teachers of our day would pervert this text and have it mean, as many as did believe were ordained to Eternal Life, but that is called wresting scripture, which all who do such, shall shortly give in account in the day of Judgment.

Believing because of having been ordained to eternal life is of the same Truth s that of being ordained to walk in good works Eph 2:10

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

10 For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live]. AMP

For Believing is merely one of many of those Good Works God ordained the Chosen in Christ [Eph 1:4] to walk in . To walk in Faith as their Father Abraham Rom 4:12

And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.
Because they were Abraham's Seed Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Hence they are the Elect to Faith Obedience through Sanctification of the Spirit 1 Pet 1:2

Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience [of faith] and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

And that this Obedience is Faith or belief of the Truth is confirmed in Paul's similar comment here 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Its the obedience of Faith that the Spirit causes in them Rom 16:26

26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Yes, that's the Blessing of Abraham Gen 17:5

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

So those believing in Jn 3:16 are exactly those ordained to Eternal Life Acts 13:48, who had been ordained to walk in Good Works like their Father Abraham Jn 8:39

They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

Believing is a Work, and a Good Work. Who can deny that Abraham's Works consisted mostly in evidences of His Faith or Believing God ?

Believing is a work, a act of the Mind or Heart, an obedience, however in this case its the act of the Newly Created man or woman Eph 2:10

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Yes, we must First be Created unto the Good Work of Faith or Believing, then we can walk in the Faith of our Father Abraham !

beloved57

The Natural Man cannot believe in Christ !

How can the Natural man, he that has never been born again of the Spirit of God, how can such a one believe into Christ, resulting from an Gospel Command 1 Jn 3:23

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

For scripture states plainly of the Natural Man Rom 8:7-8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law / Command of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Does Believing on Christ Please God ? Yes, Look at 1 Jn 3:22

22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep[give heed to] his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

Now how can anyone born only of the flesh, meaning by natural childbirth alone, Jn 3:6

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

How can such a one have a mind set on anything other than things of the flesh ? The Mindset is only consistent with what we are by nature. The Mindset of an Gorilla can only be that of an Gorilla and not a Sparrow, Two different natures ! If we are of the Flesh, the mind set is set on things of the Flesh,which mindset Paul says is enmity against God, and so enmity against Christ !! and thats just the way it is,so the remedy Jesus states Jn 3:6-7

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Even the mindset man had in the beginning, in Adam, it was enmity against God, evidenced when tempted by the serpent !65

Last edited:

beloved57

Faith and Repentance !

Faith and Repentance !

Faith in Christ and Repentance towards God Acts 20:21

21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Faith in Christ and Repentance toward God are acts from those who have a much superior quality of life given them than the life they had from adam, or out of the flesh. They are acts indicative of having Spiritual Life from Christ communicated to them by His Spirit.

Its only an Holy Life that can respond to a Holy Calling 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

With a Holy Faith Jude 1:20

20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

Such would require a True Holy Man already Created Eph 4:24

24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

That's the man who responds in Faith to the Holy Calling 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

beloved57

Faith in Jesus Christ and Repentance toward God are blessings of the Everlasting Covenant or at times termed The Covenant of Grace, or The New Covenant, which is ordered in all things which pertain to Salvation, which the saintly David acknowledged 2 Sam 23:5

5 Although my house be not so with God; yet he hath made with me an everlasting covenant, ordered in all things, and sure: for this is all my salvation, and all my desire, although he make it not to grow.

That word ordered is the Hebrew word `arak and means:

to arrange, set or put or lay in order, set in array, prepare, order, ordain,

The Triune Covenant God has provided in it [Everlasting Covenant] all that is needed and required for full Salvation to be experienced by all the Elect, from Time to Eternity, which does include believing on Christ Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

This could very well and truthfully read "For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ to believe on him ".

When ungodly men teach that Faith in Christ is an condition performed by men to secure their Salvation, they corrupt the Covenant, and Pervert its Blessedness.

That both Faith and Repentance are blessings of the New or Everlasting Covenant is pointed out in these words Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Its then we are made meet to obey the Gospel ordinances [ a decree or command] Gospel Commands of God Acts 17:30

30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now [God] commandeth all men every where to repent:

1 Jn 3:23

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

Acts 16:31

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Believe here is an Gospel imperative, a command ! If this Gospel Imperative is obeyed its because of this Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Last edited:

beloved57

Before a person can believe in Christ !

Before a person can believe in Christ !

Before a person can believe in Christ unto salvation, a new creature he or she must be ! By being a New Creation, we are given by the Spirit both light and Life, by which we receive New Spiritual faculties appropriate to receive Spiritual and Divine Truths. That's why Jesus said that he with good ground received the word and understandeth it Matt 13:23

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

That's because the New Spiritual faculties of the New Creation.

It is then also we are given spiritual eyes to see Jesus Jn 6:40

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Heb 2:9

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

But we see Jesus,.... Not with bodily eyes, but with the eyes of the mind, and understanding; that he is Jesus, as the Syriac version reads; and that he is designed in the above words; and that he has all things made subject unto him; and that he was humbled, and now exalted, as follows: JG

It is then we receive spiritual ears to hear the glad tidings of the Gospel of our Salvation Eph 1:13 We need to be of God to hear God's words as such is the Gospel Jn 8:47

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

We cannot be of God without having God's Life in Us by His Spirit ! We are given a spiritual palate to begin to hunger and thirst for the things of God Matt 5:6

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Yes, even the word of righteousness Heb 5:13

For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

Without these things from a New Life, and are remaining natural and in the flesh, then we are war and enmity with Christ and the hings of God Rom 8:7-8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

1 Cor 2:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

14 But the natural, nonspiritual man does not accept or welcome or admit into his heart the gifts and teachings and revelations of the Spirit of God, for they are folly (meaningless nonsense) to him; and he is incapable of knowing them [of progressively recognizing, understanding, and becoming better acquainted with them] because they are spiritually discerned and estimated and appreciated.AMP

beloved57

Ordained to Eternal Life to believe !

Ordained to Eternal Life to believe !

Those who believe the Truth of God, the Gospel when sent to them in the providence of God, its because they were or had been ordained to Eternal Life. Acts 13:48

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they rejoiced and glorified (praised and gave thanks for) the Word of God; and as many as were destined (appointed and ordained) to eternal life believed (adhered to, trusted in, and relied on Jesus as the Christ and their Savior).AMP

48 This message made the Gentiles glad, and they praised what they had heard about the Lord. Everyone who had been chosen for eternal life then put their faith in the Lord.CEV

The word chosen is appropriate in that its meaning is one selected or appointed or chosen for an office. All whom Christ died for had been chosen for an spiritual priesthood. Christ by His Blood converts those He died for into a royal priesthood. Rev 1:5-6

5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Heb 7:5

And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

1 Pet 2:5

Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Being chosen to this royal priesthood we were ordained to Eternal Life and to believe.

Each chosen member of this priesthood, being such they are beforehand prepared by the Holy Spirit, which is also called by Paul 2 Thess 3:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Those who were prearranged to Eternal Life in the Eternal Counsels of God, are in time set apart by a work of the Holy Spirit, to believe the Truth of the Gospel !

beloved57

Faith cometh by hearing of the Word of God!

Faith cometh by hearing of the Word of God!

Rom 10:17

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Now a great many appeal to this, but its doubted that its really understood by them. Faith comes by Hearing the Word of God or the Word of Christ, or the Word of Truth. Now understand, everything we hear from preachers today is not the Word of God, or Truth or of Christ, and therefore our believing is not True Faith, because True Faith acknowledges the Truth, and is persuaded of the Truth Titus 1:1

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

That word acknowledging is the greek word epignósis:

knowledge of a particular point (directed towards a particular object); perception, discernment, recognition, intuition.

Its a recognition of the Truth or a discernment of it. Remember Paul says this of the Gospel Truth 1 Cor 2:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned or recognized.

Now let me be more clear, if we have embraced or believed a supposed gospel message that states that Christ died for everyone sins in the World without exception, or that God Loves all people without exception, then quite simply we have not heard and believed the Word of God, or of Truth or of Christ, so consequently that's not the Faith written of in Rom 10:17. Faith does not cometh by hearing the word of men. That Christ died for all without exception or God Loved every human being, those things are not the Word of God. So that's not the Faith of God's Elect that cometh by Hearing.

beloved57

Faith cometh by hearing of the Word of God!2

Faith cometh by hearing of the Word of God!2

There simply is no Gospel Conversion [which is what Rom 10:17 means] apart from acknowledging the Truth Titus 1:1

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

1 Tim 2:4

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

2 Tim 2:25

In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

And apart from the Truth of the True Gospel,there is no True Faith from hearing. True Faith which is given by the Spirit of Truth can only be stirred into action by God's Truth, the Word of Truth Eh 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

There must be true and accurate scriptural facts set forth as to the Person and Work of Jesus Christ. Paul says that His Gospel was according to scripture 1 Cor 15:3-4

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

The scripture of Truth Dan 10:21

But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince.

It must be the Truth about the Redemption He gives Lk 1:68

Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people [The Elect or those He foreknew Rom 11:2],

There must be the Truth of His Person as God-Man 1 Tim 3:16

16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.CP Jn 1:1,14

Matt 1:23

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Also the Truth about what He accomplished for His People as God-Man, the message is incomplete without specifying who His Redemptive Work was in behalf of, which is God's Elect, or the Church the Body of Christ or the Sheep, again this cannot go unspecified. Without these biblical facts set forth from the scripture, we are not preaching the Word of Truth, which only incites the Hearing of Faith. The Word of Truth is never set forth in any given setting in its entirety, but its a constant continuum of declaring the Whole Counsel of God Acts 20:24-27

24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

26 Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.

27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

That word declare means to rehearse:

to relate the facts or particulars of; recount.

God uses the Gospel to establish the believer the rest of their pilgrimage upon earth Rom 16:25

Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

beloved57

Faith cometh by hearing of the Word of God!3

Faith cometh by hearing of the Word of God!3

The Faith that is the Gift and Fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22, born out of the Spirit is a infallible Faith, one which will not embrace lies, but it is custom for the reception of only the Truth.

Its a grace of the Spirit suitable only for Divine Revelation to be received, and not the wisdom of men, for this Faith cannot believe a Lie, for its the Faith of God's Elect. So Jesus can say of them that have it this Jn 10:4-5

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

This Faith is given custom made to hear only the voice of their Saviour " They know His Voice"

Jesus says of His Elect also Matt 24:24

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Remember Jn 10:4-5, So that's basically the meaning of Matt 24:24, The God given Faith will not cleave to lies.

beloved57

Faith and Repentance are Joined together!

Faith and Repentance are Joined together!

Faith is part of True Repentance,and True Repentance is part of Faith. For True God given repentance is to acknowledge the Truth 2 Tim 2:25

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

That's very important to understand. We have no repentance toward God while embracing lies and false gospels. An acknowledgment of the Truth is a knowing and belief of it without a doubt.

The knowing of the Truth is an experiential knowing with the heart, not a mere nominal knowing as here 2 Pet 2:20-21

20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

Also Titus 1:1

Note: Acknowledging the Truth is Godliness !

2 Thess 2:13

Repentance and Acknowledging the Truth are effects of the Spirit's Sanctification of us.

So when Peter Preaches that the risen and ascended Saviour Christ gives Repentance to Israel [God's Elect of both jews and gentiles] Acts 5:31, that does involve giving also to Israel [The Elect] belief in or an Acknowledgment of the Truth ! We cannot separate what God hath joined together.

beloved57

To some it has not been given to them to believe the Gospel, but to some it has been See Matt 13:11; Mk 4:11 and Phil 1:29. Mk 4:11 also adds the comment to them which are without Mk 4:11

11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

Matt 13:11

11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Now one may object and say that Jesus is speaking of the Mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven and not the Gospel; but that s but a foolish and unlearned reply, because they are the same. Yes Gospel Truths and or Mysteries are the same as the Kingdom of Heaven Mysteries. One would be hard press to separate The Gospel which is a Mystery Eph 6:19, The Mystery of Christ Eph 3:4,which is joined with Preaching Christ in the Gospel Rom 16:25

25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

In other words to Preach Christ now under the New Covenant dispensation, and not Preach the Mystery of Christ, it is to Preach a half Christ which is no Christ at all. The Mystery of the Faith is the Gospel 1 Tim 3:9; Here Paul means the entire Counsel of God in the Salvation Purpose Acts 20:24-27 and the combination of all these these things forms the Gospel of the Kingdom of God, which is inclusive offal the various Mysteries, and its given to know to only some, to know the Mysteries of the Kingdom !

beloved57

Heb 11:1 is Heavenly in Origin.

Heb 11:1 is Heavenly in Origin.

Heb 11:1

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Faith here is of Divine and Heavenly origin John 3:27

27 John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

James 1:17

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

It is by the Righteousness of God their Saviour they have obtained it 2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

The word obtained means:

to receive by divine allotment, obtain

Faith is of Divine Origin created in the souls of them who are born of the Spirit, which being born of Him, we then partake of Spiritual Life, Faculties, Senses and Perceptions, hence thereby capacitated to receive the Gospel of Our Salvation, the Word of Truth, to Spiritually discern its Truths and rest in them.

beloved57

Even Our Faith !

Even Our Faith !

1 Jn 5:4

4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

This is the victory that overcometh the world, even our Faith. Yes this is speaking of the Believers Faith, only its not his Faith from being born out of the flesh, but of that new constitution which was born of the Spirit, the New Man of Eph 4:24

24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Or Born out of incorruptible seed 1 Pet 1:23

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

This Man is Created or born unto True Righteousness and Holiness. But as men of the flesh who had nothing but a human birth, we have no Faith that is pleasing to God, let alone Victorious over the World, Flesh and Devil ! Rom 8:7-8

Its not the natural man that becomes a Believer in Christ 1 Cor 2:14

And Christ in Preaching is set forth by the Spirit of God, the Preacher merely delivers the spoken message, but its the Spirit that must reveal Christ out of the Spoken Word. 1 Thess 1:5

For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

So its not the natural man that receives Christ in Faith, but the Spiritual Man, born of God, that's who Believes. John states that here also John 1:12-13

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Those who received Him during His Public Appearance had been Born of God.

Now I know that some proud religionists will think that the faith that overcomes the World was their own natural faith out of the flesh of them, a faith they had within apart from being made a New Creature. So in essence they became overcomers of the world by their own faith in the flesh, that's quite an accomplishment for the natural man to boast and glory about, if it was true.

So The " even our Faith" is the Faith of the Believer, but its the Believer who had First been made a New Man by New Creation Eph 4:24

And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

The word new here for new man is not new in time, but in kind "new" as to form or quality, of different nature from what is contrasted as old.

beloved57

The work of faith with power

The work of faith with power

2Thess 1:11

Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:

Its denied by those in organized religion that Faith , which believes in Christ in a conversion salvation experience, is effected by the power of God. Its not the natural ability of man.

The work of Faith with Power was began by the Power of the Holy Spirit within one and its carried out to its completion by that same Power.

Now that this Faith or Believing is first effected by God's Power is seen in Eph 1:19

19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

Plain and simple, who believe according to the working of His Mighty Power, that power being usward !

Rom 1:16 confirms the same

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Its God"s power being exercised when the results are one is believing the Gospel.

One believes when the Gospel comes in the power of the Spirit 1 Thess 1:5

5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

And that's what Paul is stating about being fulfilled in them here 2 Thess 1:11

11 Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:

Peter writes that believers are kept in Faith by the Power of God 1 Pet 1:5

5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

This Faith is of the New Creation and it is sustained by the same Power that Created it or begat it , this to the Glory of God, particularly, God the Spirit !

False Prophet

God is going to restore his people.
Thus saith Jehovah: Behold, I will turn again the captivity of Jacob's tents, and have compassion on his dwelling-places; and the city shall be builded upon its own hill, and the palace shall be inhabited after its own manner.
19And out of them shall proceed thanksgiving and the voice of them that make merry: and I will multiply them, and they shall not be few; I will also glorify them, and they shall not be small.
20Their children also shall be as aforetime, and their congregation shall be established before me; and I will punish all that oppress them.
21And their prince shall be of themselves, and their ruler shall proceed from the midst of them; and I will cause him to draw near, and he shall approach unto me: for who is he that hath had boldness to approach unto me? saith Jehovah.

22And ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.
Jer 30:18

beloved57

Post 77

Post 77

God is going to restore his people.
Thus saith Jehovah: Behold, I will turn again the captivity of Jacob's tents, and have compassion on his dwelling-places; and the city shall be builded upon its own hill, and the palace shall be inhabited after its own manner.
19And out of them shall proceed thanksgiving and the voice of them that make merry: and I will multiply them, and they shall not be few; I will also glorify them, and they shall not be small.
20Their children also shall be as aforetime, and their congregation shall be established before me; and I will punish all that oppress them.
21And their prince shall be of themselves, and their ruler shall proceed from the midst of them; and I will cause him to draw near, and he shall approach unto me: for who is he that hath had boldness to approach unto me? saith Jehovah.

22And ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.
Jer 30:18

Did you understand post 77 and the points made ?

beloved57

Believing for the sake of Christ !

Believing for the sake of Christ !

Phil 1:29

29 For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake,

All those who shall believe on Christ as a result of Salvation, it is because it has been granted/given to them to do so. The reason why it has been so granted , was because of His Blood Shed for them, and because its being granted to Him, in other words, He prays that for those He died for to be be made believers through the Word of His chosen messengers Jn 17:19-20

19 And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.

20 “I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word;

All for whom He died and rose again, them He also maketh intercession for in behalf of in heaven Rom 8:33-34

33 Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies.

34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.

The word intercession is the greek word ἐντυγχάνω

I meet, encounter, hence: (b) I call (upon), make a petition, make suit, supplication.

It means a prayer to God on behalf of another.

Christ by His Presence before God, constantly intercedes on behalf of all for whom He died, He makes Petitions for them.

Believers are the answer to Christ's petition and intercession. Lets look at a Psalm here Ps 2:7-8

“I will declare the decree:
The Lord has said to Me,
‘You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.

8 Ask of Me, and I will give You
The nations for Your inheritance,
And the ends of the earth for Your possession.

Hence it was these that Christ interceded for in the Nations, and whom Paul understood would be made obedient to the Faith as Christ's possessions Rom 15:18

18 For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed,

The ESV :

18 For I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me to bring the Gentiles to obedience—by word and deed,

They are made obedient in the day of His Power Ps 110:3, the day of Gospel Power Rom 1:16

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

The Gospel power here converting them makes manifest that they were part of the possessions, inheritance the Father gives the Son upon His Intercession for them.

Rom 1:5

5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

Rom 16:26

26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, aaccording to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Paul here is asserting that in answer to Christ's Intercession to the Father, the messengers are sent out with the Gospel to all nations to bring about their obedience to Christ, or to faith !

All this obedience is in accordance with Christ's Intercession for those He died world wide, and their obedience to the Faith is granted for His Sake or on His Behalf Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

In other words, the privilege of trusting in Christ for Salvation was a bestowing upon all for whom He died and makes Intercession for, and their believing is an answer to His petition of interceding, for Believers are but manifestations of the Son's Redeemed Possessions Ps 2:7-8

7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.