Faith Healing vs Modern Medicine

AHPeeb

Just thought I'd open this topic up seeing as I don't think it has been brought up yet.

The Gift of Healing is one of the several spiritual gifts mentioned in the Bible. No doubt there have been miracles of healing performed in the Bible by Jesus and several other people. When it comes to the question of whether or not there are people alive today that have the gift of healing and can heal people physically and spiritually by prayer, I think the answer is absolutely yes. But...

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that healing by faith is the only way to heal. Modern medicine is perfectly acceptable and tolerated by God. Think about it. Many of our modern drugs come from medicinal ingredients found in plants. God created those plants just like he created the person He filled with the knowledge to discover that medicine in the plants. This is also true of surgeries as well as psychological treatments. God created the people and gave them the skills to perform these treatments.

Not only is it morally wrong of people who don't believe in modern medicine to withhold it from their children and themselves, but it is also spiritually wrong and a sin. Allowing anyone to die when modern medical technology could have saved their life is murder.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

sirayuk

No man has the miraculous gift of healing today, but God can certainly heal through the power of prayer and any other medical means He may use.
*[[1Co 12:28]]And God has set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
WHAT ABOUT THAT SCRIPTURE?

Sent from my S952 using Tapatalk

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Faith healing is evidence of your faith. But when you don't have enough faith God has a back up plan. That is where doctors come in. They are there when you find out you don't have the faith of a mustard seed.

[Mat 17:20
20 So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.

If you have a blind faith that will affect your salvation.

glorydaz

*[[1Co 12:28]]And God has set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

That is speaking of the "signs following".....those in the early church.

Along with the other "sign gifts", they were temporary and for a particular purpose.

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. 19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. 20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.​

You see the same here...

Acts 5:12 And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's porch.

Acts 8:18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,

glorydaz

Faith healing is evidence of your faith. But when you don't have enough faith God has a back up plan. That is where doctors come in. They are there when you find out you don't have the faith of a mustard seed.

[Mat 17:20
20 So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.

If you have a blind faith that will affect your salvation.

You won't see any mountains moved by faith, because signs and wonders are not for today.

DAN P

Hi and explain Matt 10:8 when they Heal the sick , cleanse the lepers , RAISE THE DEAD !!

Or what about John 20:23 where they had the power to REMIT SINS , so how did they do that ??

dan p

sirayuk

That is speaking of the "signs following".....those in the early church.

Along with the other "sign gifts", they were temporary and for a particular purpose.

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. 19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. 20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.​

You see the same here...

Acts 5:12 And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's porch.

Acts 8:18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,
Thank u for using mark 16
This signs shall follow them that 'believe'( I believe too )
So it follows me.

sirayuk

Hi and explain Matt 10:8 when they Heal the sick , cleanse the lepers , RAISE THE DEAD !!

Or what about John 20:23 where they had the power to REMIT SINS , so how did they do that ??

dan p
They were sent so ,as they went in the name of him who sent them everything had to obey because 'all things where made by him and without him was not anything made that was made John 1:3

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

dan p

I said
You could have a misunderstanding there. If you convert someone to becoming a Christian you have raised the dead.

[1Ti 5:6
6 But she who lives in pleasure is dead while she lives.

glorydaz

Thank u for using mark 16
This signs shall follow them that 'believe'( I believe too )
So it follows me.

No, the sign gifts were only for the time of the apostles during the early church. Even Paul failed to heal after that time was ended, else why did he leave his companion of seven years sick?

2 Timothy 4:20 Erastus abode at Corinth: but Trophimus have I left at Miletum sick.​

Can you raise the dead? Can you drink poison and not die? If you say you have that power, then you'll show the Truth is not in you?

glorydaz

I said
You could have a misunderstanding there. If you convert someone to becoming a Christian you have raised the dead.

[1Ti 5:6
6 But she who lives in pleasure is dead while she lives.

We don't raise the dead, even when we preach the Gospel. It is God that gives the increase, and it's the Gospel that is the power of God unto salvation.

Ephesians 2:4-6
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:​

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
We don't raise the dead, even when we preach the Gospel. It is God that gives the increase, and it's the Gospel that is the power of God unto salvation.

Ephesians 2:4-6
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:​

I said
Your right it is God who does it through us. But if we do our part it does happen now days.

sirayuk

No, the sign gifts were only for the time of the apostles during the early church. Even Paul failed to heal after that time was ended, else why did he leave his companion of seven years sick?

2 Timothy 4:20 Erastus abode at Corinth: but Trophimus have I left at Miletum sick.​

Can you raise the dead? Can you drink poison and not die? If you say you have that power, then you'll show the Truth is not in you?
If u really consider all scriptures as God personally talking to u.
As for signs follow me.
Those who believe of who I am one

nikolai_42

I don't personally know any individual that has a specific gift of healing, but if James is correct, there should be (more?) healing in the church :

Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

James 5:13-16

This doesn't indicate a specific gift of healing - but rather that the prayers of men who are faithful are of great value to the body of Christ. Not that healing is automatic (that is, because someone with a specific gift is there) - but that there is an avenue in the church to address physical ailments. This doesn't discount using medicine - but it does seem to indicate that the mindset of the believer is to seek God (I would say first) for His healing.