excellent example of MADism:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Thanks for explaining more about it. I searched the Internet about it because I had never heard of it before.

As for you looking to the Protestant Reformers, have you ever thought of starting over and just doing what Jesus says and waiting on him to reveal himself to you?

I was saved by the grace of God YEARS before I began learning from the early church fathers and the confessions. All such study simply confirmed and affirmed what my husband and I had discerned in our private bible studies.

We believe it was the Holy Spirit bringing us into fellowship with earlier saints, in order to build up our faith (for at the time we were under wrong church teaching). Study of these men and these doctrines gave us the courage to break from error and seek to find all Truth in Jesus Christ.

We strongly hold to Sola Scriptura, and any theological book or creed we read, is scrutinized against the sole authority of God's Word. His Word is our final and only authority.

So glad you took the time to investigate this. Most people cannot be bothered. And it is such a blessing to find the historical unity of believers in this way. It is uplifting to know Godly Truth is absolute; as God Himself is Absolute!

Right Divider

Body part
I was saved by the grace of God YEARS before I began learning from the early church fathers and the confessions. All such study simply confirmed and affirmed what my husband and I had discerned in our private bible studies.
And yet many, if not most, of those "early church fathers" had already abandoned the faith and were led off into false doctrines and heresies galore.

That's not a good way to "confirm and affirm" the truth.

2Tim 1:15 (KJV)
(1:15) This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes.

By the end of Paul's ministry, they had all turned away already from the sound doctrine that Paul was preaching.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
And yet many, if not most, of those "early church fathers" had already abandoned the faith and were led off into false doctrines and heresies galore.

(1:15) This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes.

By the end of Paul's ministry, they had all turned away already from the sound doctrine that Paul was preaching.

Here is where some study of church history would help you, for if what you say was true, there would have been no Gospel proclaimed nor any sinners saved, since the death of Paul.

You are referring to persons who heard Paul's teaching, but were not saved.

When I refer to "Early Church Fathers" I refer to any and all souls saved by grace through faith in the Gospel promises of Jesus Christ. Particularly those who have written since His life, death, and resurrection before our post-modern times.

God's Truth

We believe it was the Holy Spirit bringing us into fellowship with earlier saints, in order to build up our faith (for at the time we were under wrong church teaching). Study of these men and these doctrines gave us the courage to break from error and seek to find all Truth in Jesus Christ.

We strongly hold to Sola Scriptura, and any theological book or creed we read, is scrutinized against the sole authority of God's Word. His Word is our final and only authority.

So glad you took the time to investigate this. Most people cannot be bothered. And it is such a blessing to find the historical unity of believers in this way. It is uplifting to know Godly Truth is absolute; as God Himself is Absolute!

Thank you for your kindness. I care very much about all those who profess Jesus Christ, as I am sure you do too. We are all here on this site because we care about more than other things of this life.

Thank you for sharing a little of your testimony. A little of my testimony is that I was raised strict Catholic, and a tragic event happened in my life, and I then began to search for God's Truth, not some man's truth. However, in my search, I found myself studying what? I began studying other denominations. I studied the Bible, I studied from those who came to my door, the Jehovah Witnesses, the Mormons. I eventually studied many more, Nazarene, Pentecostal, Four Square, Word of Faith, Non Denominational, Protestant, Baptist, etc.

How I finally found out that God's Truth is by none of those ways, except that if any people belonging to those groups actually preached ANY truth, or came with any love; however, I wanted God's Truth alone. So I got the Bible and searched for Jesus' teachings, and then began to do exactly as Jesus said, and I repented of my sins, and of all my false beliefs, even if I was not sure what they were. Then after doing all that I could do on my own, I called on Jesus to help me, and he did.

He opened my eyes and showed me His Truth, he revealed himself to me just as he says he would do for anyone who obeys him.

I tell you, your choice of the protestant religion is understandable, and it might have many admirable traits, but it is not God's Truth solely.

God's Truth

Paul is not the only apostle who corrected false doctrines.

Your beliefs come from some man or woman, for you go against obeying Jesus' teachings when he walked the earth.

You preach to obey anything is condemn worthy, and that we are to believe we have to do nothing but believe.

That teaching is not from God, not from the scriptures.

God's Truth

Here is where some study of church history would help you, for if what you say was true, there would have been no Gospel proclaimed nor any sinners saved, since the death of Paul.

When I refer to "Early Church Fathers" I refer to any and all souls saved by grace through faith in the Gospel promises of Jesus Christ. Particularly those who have written since His life, death, and resurrection before our post-modern times.

Jesus' words that are written in the Bible is the only Word we need to find the Truth. Thank you Bible publishers and translators. Thank you, but only Jesus saves, and those who bring his words help. However, those who preach false doctrine are many and are ensnared to preach Satan's doctrines.

Right Divider

Body part
Nonsense; your false logic is at work again. This is why you are so confused and wrong all of the time.

I did NOT say that NOBODY taught the truth. But that most of the BIG GUYS in the list of "early church fathers" were off the rails long ago.

I guess that you've never noticed that all large religious and political groups become completely corrupt in short order. It's the way of the world in this present evil age.

Trying to pervert the scripture again? Yes, you are.

Well that's a super cute definition that is UNIQUE to you, because nobody else uses that definition for "the early church fathers".

NOTE the use of FATHERS in that term. It denotes a position of supposed authority and does NOT refer to believers in general.

Confusion reigns with you.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Nonsense; your false logic is at work again. This is why you are so confused and wrong all of the time.

I did NOT say that NOBODY taught the truth. But that most of the BIG GUYS in the list of "early church fathers" were off the rails long ago.

I guess that you've never noticed that all large religious and political groups become completely corrupt in short order. It's the way of the world in this present evil age.

Well that's a super cute definition that is UNIQUE to you, because nobody else uses that definition for "the early church fathers".

NOTE the use of FATHERS in that term. It denotes a position of supposed authority and does NOT refer to believers in general.

Abraham is the "father of us all" who believe in Jesus Christ, in the general sense. This is Paul's teaching in Romans 4:16 This is how I use the term.

Members of the church body, who proclaimed the Gospel and confessed the Truth of Jesus Christ, are faithful "fathers" of the elect who make up the faithful church of Jesus Christ . . spiritual leaders proclaiming Gospel Truth, just like Abraham.

Learn! Check this out . . .

God's Truth

The entire Bible are the "Words of Jesus".

You want to be a pretend Israelite and put more importance on His words during His ministry to the circumcision, hence your immense confusion.

Jesus' words are in the Old Testament and out of the mouth of Paul.

I do not pretend to be anything. Jesus is God over all and I am saved.

The Bibles says that Jew and Gentile blood relations do not matter.

Do away with the concept.

Right Divider

Body part
Abraham is the "father of us all" who believe in Jesus Christ, in the general sense. This is Paul's teaching in Romans 4:16 This is how I use the term.

Members of the church body, who proclaimed the Gospel and confessed the Truth of Jesus Christ, are faithful "fathers" of the elect who make up the faithful church of Jesus Christ . . spiritual leaders proclaiming Gospel Truth, just like Abraham.

:rotfl:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Unfortunately, Nang is entwined within the false doctrine that Calvinism has allotted the naive.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Nang and her ilk place a lot of their belief systems doctrine on a bunch of "Forefathers" that fell short of the Grace Gospel, as it was preached by the Apostle Paul.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Babies are not saved because they have learned "Calvinism," but elect babies, chosen for redemption in Christ Jesus, are saved because of God's sovereign grace.

No salvation depends upon knowledge, or even expression of faith, but upon the power and grace of God alone.

And of course, you're wrong again, Nang. At least you're consistent.