excellent example of MADism:

john w

Hall of Fame
Pretty sure either martyrdom or priesthood are the only sure ways to know one is saved.

"Pretty sure," you muse? Thanks for the "good news." Morons....everywhere...

Made up. Paul, in Romans-Philemon, "Saints....Brethren...."

1 Thessalonians 1:5 KJV For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Made up. Paul, in Romans-Philemon, "Saints....Brethren...."

And you're saint and brethren, likened to those in active discipleship, or missionary workers out in the desert?

See, that's the thing bro- you all have a puffed up sense of holiness and tempt God with your vast declarations winding over others.

It's rank obnoxiousness by any Christian standard.

john w

Hall of Fame
And you're saint and brethren, likened to those in active discipleship, or missionary workers out in the desert?

See, that's the thing bro- you all have a puffed up sense of holiness and tempt God with your vast declarations winding over others.

It's rank obnoxiousness by any Christian standard.

What a mess...No, "sainthood" is not determined by what you do, misguided one. It is determined by in whom you believe, in whom you are identified. Identity, Hop Sing.

You talk like a Roman Catholic-they talk like you.

Translated: I give the plebe scripture, and what do we get from him? An emotional diatribe, rant, tantrum, with no scripture, to back it up.

"rank obnoxiousness"

Wow! You sound like Oprah. You like Oprah, do you, Hop Sing?
that's the thing bro-

Hold on there, Hop Sing-who said you are my "bro?"
you all have a puffed up sense of holiness and tempt God with your vast declarations winding over others.

Thanks! It is just one of my many super powers, Hop Sing.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Translated: I give the plebe scripture, and what do we get from him? An emotional diatribe, rant, tantrum, with no scripture, to back it up.

Philippians 2:13-14
Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.

Mind this very Calvinist passage

And

See that you break the flow and nature of scriptures with your grandstanding boasts of salvation

clefty

More irrelevancy, create a moving target....
Romans 4 KJV

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Romans 5 KJV

6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

Romans 5 KJV
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

You: Not in the bible...

Yes I am NOT in the bible...big revelation...

As is your "He died while I was sinning so I might as well keep sinning"...

...of course He had to wait and let us prove we could not do it ourselves...and then well of course since we could not-He provided a way for salvation...ta daaaa the ark...but the flood is still coming...already all around

And ya gots to actually get in the ark not just expect that there it is and I am safe...and ya gots to STAY in dat ark...can't just go in da ark and then come back out and tell people what a nice place it is or how stinky it is from all the animals...

I imagine you wouldn't want to stay in the ark as you would have to work...but hey plenty of vomit for ya from sea sick animals...you seem to prefer it...lol

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yes I am NOT in the bible...big revelation...

...of course He had to wait and let us prove we could not do it ourselves...and then well of course since we could not-He provided a way for salvation...ta daaaa the ark...but the flood is till coming...

And ya gots to actually get in the ark not just expect that there it is and I am safe...and ya gots to STAY in dat ark...can't just go in da ark and then come back out and tell people what a nice place it is or how stinky it is from all the animals...

I imagine you wouldn't want to stay in the ark as you would have to work...but hey plenty of vomit for ya from sea sick animals...you seem to prefer it...lol

You're reading things into the story of the flood. You're trying to use it as a symbol for your incoherent belief system.

clefty

Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.

And

See that you break the flow and nature of scriptures with your grandstanding boasts of salvation

His boasts cuts the branch between him and the trunk...

clefty

You're reading things into the story of the flood. You're trying to use it as a symbol for your incoherent belief system.

Oh yeah? Like what?

Like adding Noah just had to believe a flood was coming? And was saved by just believing?

Or the incoherency that the ark was built AFTER everyone stopped sinning?

Wouldn't want salvation to be provided before they stopped sinning right? That would ruin the surprise of what happened later at the cross...

john w

Hall of Fame
Never argued that, so knock it off. Another wicked fruit inspector, self righteous rat comes out of the woodwork...
...of course He had to wait and let us prove we could not do it ourselves...and then well of course since we could not-He provided a way for salvation...ta daaaa the ark...but the flood is still coming...already all around..

Translated: Well, here is what I think..IMO...

And ya gots to actually get in the ark not just expect that there it is and I am safe.
Translated: More, "Well, here is what I think..IMO..."

Is "ya gots" "The Modern English," or from your grade school dictionary?

..and ya gots to STAY in dat ark..

Snuff the punk...Wussup?....Sup?.....

.can't just go in da ark and then come back out and tell people what a nice place it is or how stinky it is from all the animals...

Again-this is not...

View attachment 25339

john w

Hall of Fame

And

The old reliabe "work out your own salvation with fear and trembling," trump card!!!!

The context/issue Paul is discussing is not spirit/soul salvation/deliverance, moron. Of course, not studying the details of the book, what preceeds/follows the Philippians passage, just "interpreting" a verse in isolation, you would spam the above. And you are clueless as to what the term "salvation" means.

Salvation: To be delivered from a danger

The context tells us whether it is soul/spiritual, physical, or deliverance from (fill in the blank)....
The issue was "deliverance," "salvation," from problems/issues that would cause divisions/factions within the Philippian church. Survey Philippians 1:27–2:18 KJV... " becometh the gospel of Christ,"... includes standing firm together, as brethren, in one spirit, "striving together for the faith of the gospel..." Such saintly conduct necessitates love and concord, humility, and unselfishness,...

2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

...and deliverance from vainglory/conceit, strife/rivalry, complaining/muttering/grumbling.....

14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings

Thanks for checkin' in, CC, and having, as usual, "added nothing"(Galatians 2:6 KJV) to us.

clefty

Aw come on...

"8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

You got all excited about that as if there was another option but He chose to do it while we were yet sinners...so that means we get to keep sinning? Hmmm?

As if we could be sinless BEFORE He died...

clefty

All "True Believers" will stand before Christ and be judged for the works they did while in the flesh. A certain amount of things we did will be, in essence, burned away and the works that Christ deems worthy will be rewarded. The unbelievers will stand before, God the Father and be judged by their works and cast into The Lake of Fire for eternity. Two judgments will be taking place.

Wait...so first it's two gospels and now two judgments ?

KingdomRose

First of all, Jesus was preaching "The Kingdom Gospel" to The House of Israel. Secondly, you don't understand the Scriptures nor how to "Rightly Divide" them, because, you belong to the "Jehovah Witness Cult."

No, Jesus didn't tell his followers to preach only to Israel after he was to go to heaven. He said that the Gospel would be preached TO ALL THE NATIONS. (MATTHEW 24:14; MATTHEW 28:19,20) How can you miss that?

clefty

Never argued that, so knock it off. Another wicked fruit inspector, self righteous rat comes out of the woodwork...

Translated: Well, here is what I think..IMO...

Translated: More, "Well, here is what I think..IMO..."

Is "ya gots" "The Modern English," or from your grade school dictionary?

Snuff the punk...Wussup?....Sup?.....

Again-this is not...

View attachment 25339

Never? Lol...

You even exemplify it...it's your main feature in this Circus of the MAD...

KingdomRose

Was Paul saved? Name anyone, in the history of mankind, who was saved, and your evidence.

Droid mess-hack won't touch that. Good day to you, sir.

Paul was saved WHEN HIS LIFE WAS ENDED, because he endured to the end of his life. When he was alive he didn't consider himself to have yet attained permanent salvation. He said that he wishes to know Christ and the power of his resurrection, "to see if I may by any means attain to the earlier resurrection from the dead [the first resurrection, for the co-rulers of Christ]. Not that I have already received it or am already made perfect, but I AM PURSUING TO SEE IF I MAY ALSO LAY HOLD ON THAT FOR WHICH I HAVE ALSO BEEN LAID HOLD ON BY CHRIST JESUS. Brothers, I DO NOT YET CONSIDER MYSELF AS HAVING LAID HOLD ON IT; but there is one thing about it: Forgetting the things behind and stretching forward to the things ahead, I am pursuing down toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God by means of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:9-16)

Did Paul consider himself as completely saved and worthy of the upward call? No---he was still PURSUING it, wanting to always PROGRESS in his walk on the narrow road.

So, like Paul, we continually strive in pursuing final salvation, progressing from day to day.