ECT Evolution

Lon

Exodus 20:10,11 "For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea..." :think:

marhig

The TEXT says the morning and the evening were "1" day. True there are events and scripture that have dual meanings in scripture, but the scriptures themselves are not silent on there being dual meanings no one has to guess.
Gen 1:5
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
Gen 1:8
And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
Gen 1:13
And the evening and the morning were the third day.
Gen 1:19
And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
1:23
And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
Gen 1:31
And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Hi dodge,

Here are verses that show that day doesn't always mean 24 hours and night and day don't always mean a natural night and day.

1 Thessalonians 2

But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night..But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation..For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ

Here also shows that the Sabbath also has a deeper Spiritual meaning, and those who enter into his rest, cease from their works of the flesh.

Hebrews 4

For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Also for example, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you can see that many of the things in the scriptures have a deeper meaning. As this is not a natural tree.

Interplanner

Can you show me where it says that the evening and the morning we're "one" day please? Because I've read the evening and the morning we're first, second, third day etc.

In the Bible it also says a day is a thousand years, and a thousand years is a day in the Lord.

If you believe in 6, 24 hour day periods then fair enough, I believe that God can do anything, but I know that there are spiritual meanings right through the Bible, Jesus even said, those who have ears to hear, hear.

But few lines are a secret code or cipher of knowledge. Spirituality in the NT itself is not abnormal, paranormal, invisible, etc. It is maturity of faith and action. It is courageous. But it is not cryptic or esoteric.

Interplanner

Hi dodge,

Here are verses that show that day doesn't always mean 24 hours and night and day don't always mean a natural night and day.

1 Thessalonians 2

But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night..But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation..For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ

Here also shows that the Sabbath also has a deeper Spiritual meaning, and those who enter into his rest, cease from their works of the flesh.

Hebrews 4

For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Also for example, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you can see that many of the things in the scriptures have a deeper meaning. As this is not a natural tree.

Your last example about the tree is not a good one. Once you say the tree is not a natural tree then neither is taking a piece of the fruit and neither is eating. We just don't know about the form Satan had, either. There were other snakes and they weren't demons. What makes the tree evil to consume is extraneous--God's command. Now THAT is an important symbol about all the physical world; that all of it is to be enjoyed, but the commands of God about it are not to be broken.

Greg Batchelor today said that Adam and Eve had bodies of light, like when Moses talked to God. They lost this in the disruption of disobedience. But that 'light' to me is an unnecessary layer. There simply was not a defiled conscience that had sampled evil, and there was nothing wrong with the nudity of the couple. Nor is there in marriage. That's what can happen when we are metaphor-crazy.

Later in Genesis, one of the patriarchs was said to be sitting under a tree. Shall we then say this is a metaphor for seeking protection from evil? No, but there was blazing sun, and he needed shade.

marhig

Your last example about the tree is not a good one. Once you say the tree is not a natural tree then neither is taking a piece of the fruit and neither is eating.

When you produce the fruit of the spirit, do you grow apples?

Also 2 Timothy 2

The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits

Does the above verse mean that we eat pears or some sort of other fruits?

marhig

But few lines are a secret code or cipher of knowledge. Spirituality in the NT itself is not abnormal, paranormal, invisible, etc. It is maturity of faith and action. It is courageous. But it is not cryptic or esoteric.

The whole Bible is full of deeper meanings.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
We just don't know about the form Satan had, either.

Sure we do. Jesus said Satan was cast out of God's heaven and now he is the prince of the power of the air who works in the disobedient.

Satan is a gorgeous being, but with the nature of a poisonous snake.

marhig

Sure we do. Jesus said Satan was cast out of God's heaven and now he is the prince of the power of the air who works in the disobedient.

Isn't he just, he's the Prince of this world and can offer us the kingdoms and glory of it, he makes everything look lovely and then hooks us and brings us down if we let him in!

But by the grace of God, those born of God are given the power and strength to overcome him.

Danoh

Luke 10:17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name. 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 10:20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

He was referring to Satan's "power" over Israel.

Matthew thru Early Acts had been a foretaste of Israel's promised "world to come..."

Matthew 12:23 And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David? 12:24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils. 12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand: 12:26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

Satan's kingdom refers to his rule, or power over Israel, there...

Matthew 12:27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges. 12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you. 12:29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

But Satan's kingdom, or rule, or power, was still very much in effect as a would be counter to the Lord's, there...

Think "power, or prince, or rule, or ruler over."

Notice in the very next passages that it was still in effect as a would counter to the Lord's power...

Matthew 12:30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad. 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

The writer of Hebrews continues that exact same frame of reference during his writing of the following to his own...

Hebrews 2:1 Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip. 2:2 For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward; 2:3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; 2:4 God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will? 2:5 For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.

Obvioulsy, Satan's kingdom, rule, or power as an opposition is evident there as still an issue when the writer of Hebrews pens that to his own..

Likewise in the following concerning the Body, after Israel's Believing Remnant were sealed by the Lord and the rest of Israel was concluded by the Spirit as having continued in the Uncircumcision of heart of their forefathers against the Law, at the end of Acts 7.

Concerning the Body - on the one hand we read...

Colossians 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

On the other, we read...

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

And then there is what all both of those distinctions mean this side of "that which is perfect" - which is another study in itself.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Can you show me where it says that the evening and the morning we're "one" day please? Because I've read the evening and the morning we're first, second, third day etc.

In the Bible it also says a day is a thousand years, and a thousand years is a day in the Lord.

If you believe in 6, 24 hour day periods then fair enough, I believe that God can do anything, but I know that there are spiritual meanings right through the Bible, Jesus even said, those who have ears to hear, hear.
The Church started around AD 33, maybe as early as AD 30, but around then. So we're approaching within 13-15 years, the start of the Church's third millennium. What do you think is in store for the Church on her own "third day?"

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Thanks for getting copies. The material is conveyed in a crime scene and investigation. You may not like that. But the resource list with notes will be worth your time and money. Please be sure to view James-Griffiths on Genesis and ancient history. After you have a chance to learn 'Scottish' of course.
Do you write with cusswords? Just curious. 'Cause I do. I have to, and do, self-censor myself on TOL, because, I'd prefer to not get infractions, and also, like Ricky1 says, "If I can't swear . . . I'm censored."

:)

1 - Trailer Park Boys

Interplanner

Do you write with cusswords? Just curious. 'Cause I do. I have to, and do, self-censor myself on TOL, because, I'd prefer to not get infractions, and also, like Ricky1 says, "If I can't swear . . . I'm censored."

:)

1 - Trailer Park Boys

I don't think there are any in my short novels.

Interplanner

True, but I meant in the scene in the garden. Why small? Was his appearance dazzling? Why? Was his appearance the temptation, or was the fruit? How do you know? That sort of thing. You've dashed off to many other places and cases, which don't answer questions about Gen 3.

Interplanner

The whole Bible is full of deeper meanings.

But they do not 'jamb' the ordinary meaning out of place. Our first task as interpreters is not to find a metaphor about something other than the ordinary meaning, until and when the later material tells us. For ex., Gal 4 tells us the two wives and two children of Abraham are a later analogy about 1st century Judaism. But not originally. Originally, it was ordinary history.

marhig

But they do not 'jamb' the ordinary meaning out of place. Our first task as interpreters is not to find a metaphor about something other than the ordinary meaning, until and when the later material tells us. For ex., Gal 4 tells us the two wives and two children of Abraham are a later analogy about 1st century Judaism. But not originally. Originally, it was ordinary history.
We can't interpret anything without receiving revelation by the Spirit.

Only God can give us the understanding and give us ears to hear, eyes to see and a mouth to speak.

And God gives us what we need, when we need it.

Interplanner

Interesting to see a new article on mammoth finds (this in at the UofO stadium) and the date for the bones is only 4000 ago. Usually it is 9000 for mass die-offs. It's on aol.com news, but is a very thin article, 3 paragraphs, 12 pictures. "Founder of PayPal donates 100K for research to de-extinct mammoths"

Interplanner

We can't interpret anything without receiving revelation by the Spirit.

Only God can give us the understanding and give us ears to hear, eyes to see and a mouth to speak.

And God gives us what we need, when we need it.

There is ordinary communication in the Bible first. There are some places that indicate they are metaphorical right away, and others that are later commentary back on and about the ordinary. They are not to be mixed up.

Interplanner

Interesting to see a new article on mammoth finds (this in at the UofO stadium) and the date for the bones is only 4000 ago. Usually it is 9000 for mass die-offs. It's on aol.com news, but is a very thin article, 3 paragraphs, 12 pictures. "Founder of PayPal donates 100K for research to de-extinct mammoths"

Well, if this Missoula sediment in the Williamette Valley of Oregon dated at only 4000 YA proves to be true, that's great. I find it is usually dated at 9000 YA with Niagara's undercut start, Lake Morse in Olympic National Park, etc.