Ebola is in the USA. Does this frighten you?

shagster01

But by the time you find out that "quite a few" are sick they have infected many more, and by the time you find that out many, many more are infected, so on and so forth.

Well I am around bad stuff everyday, as I have worked in a hospital for 10 years now. If I let that scare me, I'd have gone crazy by now.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
So far it's just one guy. I don't get frightened over the sickness of one guy. If it spreads to quite a few people, maybe my concern will grow a little.

He's been dishonest about his contact with others. The stories about how much contact he's had with others are so varied, its hard to know how to take it all. We live pretty close to Dallas, and I've told my wife not to take our kids out unless its very necessary, at least until we have more info.

shagster01

He's been dishonest about his contact with others. The stories about how much contact he's had with others are so varied, its hard to know how to take it all. We live pretty close to Dallas, and I've told my wife not to take our kids out unless its very necessary, at least until we have more info.

I understand your concern being in the area. I'm not in the area. It would be jumping the gun a bit in my case I believe.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
He's been dishonest about his contact with others. The stories about how much contact he's had with others are so varied, its hard to know how to take it all.

Exactly why anyone wanting to travel from areas where that is prevalent, they should be willing to be held in a 21 day quarantine before travel to ensure health. Thats how it ends.

3 weeks is nothing compared to the lives of many. Common sense is gone anymore.

We live pretty close to Dallas, and I've told my wife not to take our kids out unless its very necessary, at least until we have more info.
Prayers.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
How, in a thread about being afraid of Ebola, is asking me if I'm high at work a fair question? Drugs were not a part of this conversation at all. It's a troll question.

No it isnt. It should be concerning that some healthcare employees are bombed at work especially those that support drug use being legal.

Seems a healthcare employee whose job it was to find out knew this guy had been around ebola, yet somehow "forgot" to tell the other staff about it and he was sent home to infect others.

Maybe they were impaired and why they forgot.

Ebola patient told hospital he had been to Liberia before he was sent home the first time.

Mark Lester, executive vice president at Texas Health Resources, said the patient "volunteered that he had been to Africa in response to the nurse operating the checklist and asking that question."

That information "wasn't present" as the man's health care team made its decision about whether to admit or release him, Lester said.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/10/01/hospital-ebola-patient/16527143/

shagster01

No it isnt. It should be concerning that some healthcare employees are bombed at work especially those that support drug use being legal.

Well then I suppose anyone who doesn't think alcohol should be illegal ought to be viewed with suspicion.

Seems a healthcare employee whose job it was to find out knew this guy had been around ebola, yet somehow "forgot" to tell the other staff about it and he was sent home to infect others.

Maybe they were impaired and why they forgot.

Maybe. Or maybe they are under staffed and working way too many hours like our hospital. Or maybe the employee is just a poor employee.

Nah, let's just assume she was high.

Anyway, what does this have to do with me?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Well then I suppose anyone who doesn't think alcohol should be illegal ought to be viewed with suspicion.
yes, if they smell of it at work :up:

Maybe. Or maybe they are under staffed and working way too many hours like our hospital. Or maybe the employee is just a poor employee.

Nah, let's just assume she was high.

Anyway, what does this have to do with me?
You mentioned that you have no fear of disease and that you work at a hospital, you brought up your job and you regularly talk about your drug use here, so i thought it relevant.

Your overly defensiveness about it is noted.

shagster01

yes, if they smell of it at work :up:

You mentioned that you have no fear of disease and that you work at a hospital, you brought up your job and you regularly talk about your drug use here, so i thought it relevant.

Your overly defensiveness about it is noted.

I'm not defensive. I just think it's a stupid question. Next time you find a question to be stupid I'll assume you are being defensive about it.

I did just post a thread the other day about how my marijuana use is nearly nothing now days and you have participated in that thread. I guess you took that to mean I only do it at work now? I'm sorry if you misunderstood.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I'm not defensive. I just think it's a stupid question. Next time you find a question to be stupid I'll assume you are being defensive about it.

I did just post a thread the other day about how my marijuana use is nearly nothing now days and you have participated in that thread. I guess you took that to mean I only do it at work now? I'm sorry if you misunderstood.

Which tells me you are concerned about how your openness with drug use affects other people and or you are in denial about and feel the need to defend it.

You talk about it so much that its concerning which leads to what i asked you.

fool

Hall of Fame
Oh and the apartment complex was telling reporters that before today, no one from the CDC notified them (the apartments) that this was happening, so loads more people have been in contact with this guy.

What about the sheets and things he was in contact with when he went to the hospital the FIRST time - they would have been thrown in regular laundry as well as other hospital things, so who knows who else this will affect?

Anyone from any area where this is prevalent should either be denied travel till its over or agree to a 21 day isolation period before leaving the area, period. Thats how you stop this.

Tom Clancy did this all back in 1996 with his bestseller Executive Orders http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Orders.
Iran attacks with Ebola, shortly after a plane is flown into a joint session of Congress in his previous novel.

shagster01

Which tells me you are concerned about how your openness with drug use affects other people and or you are in denial about and feel the need to defend it.

You talk about it so much that its concerning which leads to what i asked you.

That is one of maybe two threads I've ever started on the subject in the 7 years I've been on this board. Otherwise I've commented only when others have brought it up first. There are people like musterion that bring it up no matter what I'm talking about. You do that a lot too, though not as bad.

But thank you for completely hijacking knights thread on Ebola and turning it to weed again. I can't help but talk about it when I try to drop the weed talk with a simple, "stupid question. Next," and you insist on keeping the topic of drugs going. It's really concerning. I came here to discuss Ebola.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
How, in a thread about being afraid of Ebola, is asking me if I'm high at work a fair question? Drugs were not a part of this conversation at all. It's a troll question.

You have made a point of telling TOL about your proclivity towards the use of dope, you then go on tell us about your employ at a hospital, having someone pose a question, whether you go to work high seems fair under the circumstances. If not then the answer would be no would it not? You seem a bit sensitive to the question for someone that has openly expressed their use of drugs. It did not seem trollish to me at all...it was just a question.

shagster01

You have made a point of telling TOL about your proclivity towards the use of dope, you then go on tell us about your employ at a hospital, having someone pose a question, whether you go to work high seems fair under the circumstances. If not then the answer would be no would it not? You seem a bit sensitive to the question for someone that has openly expressed their use of drugs. It did not seem trollish to me at all...it was just a question.

You and her seem to read my posts enough to know that I occasionally use marijuana but must skip over the multiple posts where I have stated that I have never gone to work high. What's stupid is that anyone would think that has changed when my most recent thread states that I barely do it at all anymore anyway.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Why do most of us react more against exterior threats of pestilence, than we fear the inner corruptions that consign us to hellfire and the second death?

Is Ebola worse or more deadly than our own sins?