Drug Dealing and the Bible

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
The point is, you can't look to Genesis 1:29 for guidance as to what plants are safe to eat, and what plants are not.

We have to look elsewhere for that.
If its not in the Bible
(and why be surprised? The Bible is not a Botany Handbook)
we have to look elsewhere.

Similarly, we won't find specific commandments about DNA manipulation of food and other organisms.
But we can derive moral and ethical standards from the examples found in Holy Scripture in regard to Genetic manipulation.
Fair enough. I agree.

Nazaroo

If alcohol is poisonous and evil, why did God create fruits such they will naturally ferment and produce alcohol?

Since fermentation is just simply the decay and corruption of fruitsugars,
instigated by fungi, what you are really asking is,

Why does God allow corruption, i.e., rot, rust, decay, death?

The answer theologically is that death entered along with sin.

All the rest is just details.

Aner

What a waste. There are no such things as "Drugs". That is a man-made, sinful conception. There is only the creation of God. Why do you call evil that which God calls good??

Nazaroo

What a waste. There are no such things as "Drugs". That is a man-made, sinful conception.

If the word "drug" is man-made, how can God have called it 'good'?

But lets cut to the chase:

What other modern words would we need to expunge from the dictionary
and our vocabulary in order to avoid 'sinful man-made conceptions'?

Please publish a list so we can avoid those too.

jeremysdemo

jeremysdemo said:
lets try and be good stewards here and not waste other peoples time which is equally as valuable as your own.
not that it means anything to you but, Matthew 5:22.
As a good steward I must inform you that Jesus never gave the Sermon on the Mount as recorded in 'Matthew'.

This speech is a literary production by a committee of church leaders,
the ones responsible for the so-called "Gospel of Matthew" (Greek version).

The speech was composed by taking the Sermon on the Plain (given in Luke),
and blending it with the Letter of James, and various other components
taken from Paul's letters (all earlier documents than Greek Matthew).

You can get a good overview of the process by which Matthew was composed by seeing how the author(s) used Mark as a base,
and used Luke as a model, for how to make an 'Uber-Gospel'.

lmm-full.jpg
why it sound like you found yourself justification for calling other dunces like the rest of the right wing nuts on here, God always gives you that wiggle room if that's what a heart is looking for.
I just lost what little respect was left for you.
It should be noted that other versions of Matthew that were held outside of Roman tradition and the cannon process do not share the same similarities with Mark or the Pauline corpses but show a different tradition entirely (so God will also provide what is needed for a humble heart to find truth as well).

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

jeremysdemo

one a side note I graduated the 10% of my class in all honors course, and I take my religious studies quiet seriously, so the comment of me being a dunce for not going through your 40 threads on translation could very well be false witness against me, Exodus 20:16, of course a deceitful heart will find a way to discard or make that not applicable to themselves too.

keep shinin

Nazaroo

one a side note I graduated the 10% of my class in all honors course, and I take my religious studies quiet seriously, so the comment of me being a dunce for not going through your 40 threads on translation could very well be false witness against me, Exodus 20:16, of course a deceitful heart will find a way to discard or make that not applicable to themselves too.

keep shinin

You were dumb enough to take a religion course in the first place,
and complacent enough to get honours from the dummy giving the course.

I'd say thats two strikes right there.

Of course, saying that marijuana isn't a drug
knocks you right out of the ballpark.

When you sleep off the dope, call back with an apology.

http://www.youtube.com/artist/Afroman?feature=watch_video_titleYoutube: Afroman - Because I got High

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw&ob=av3e

jeremysdemo

never took a religious course, the honors courses were in high school, Class of 92.

you could be holding your breath for quite a while on that apology.

false witness #1.
Nazaroo said:
You have misinterpreted God's word to allow you to consume marijuana.

not looking for an apology (that's a self serving act) but certainly concerned for you in light of the scripture, Exodus 20:16.

(PS, I don't have to consume an illegal plant to have concern for those incarcerated by unholy and unjust laws and the effect such has on society as a whole). you and others of your ilk are a prime example of why we have these laws, quick to judge and stereotype, slow to mercy.

keep shinin

Nazaroo

never took a religious course, the honors courses were in high school, Class of 92.

you could be holding your breath for quite a while on that apology.

not looking for an apology (that's a self serving act) but certainly concerned for you in light of the scripture, Exodus 20:16.

Am I to apologize, because you can't communicate clearly enough,
to indicate your own education? Read your own post again.
My interpretation was natural and plausible.

I do apologize, on behalf of the public-school system,
which failed you so catastrophically, that you don't know how to use the Queen's English.

I suggest not applying for any jobs requiring cryptology.

(PS, I don't have to consume an illegal plant to have concern for those incarcerated by unholy and unjust laws and the effect such has on society as a whole). you and others of your ilk are a prime example of why we have these laws, quick to judge and stereotype, slow to mercy.
Again your inability to comprehend your opponents' position is astounding.

I am not of any 'ilk', certainly not the 'ilk' that would support current prison systems in the USA.

In my view justice is far better served and at massive savings of taxpayer's money,
to simply execute drug dealers with a 38 cent bullet,
not waste hundreds of thousands incarcerating and babysitting murderers,
at high cost and risk, and with very very poor results in terms of repentance.

The nice thing about Saudi Arabia is that stealing and boozing is quite rare.
Who wants their hand or head chopped off?

The only real issue isn't the alleged barbarity of the punishment -
What could be more barbaric than being locked in an American prison
with real monsters, only to be terrorized, tortured, and murdered,
by both guards and inmates, when your only crime was holding a bag of weed,
for your retarded friend named Jeremy?

Compared to 5 years of terrorism in a US penitentiary,
Beheading is a most humane, kind, and ultimately cost-effective solution.

But you and your friend would know already that I don't support
American-style prisons, since I have run several threads on their problems,
their cost, and the injustice they create:

Search: Nazaroo - Prison threads

Example:

Canada to hand over 40 Billion to Americans to come and "build bigger prisons"

Last edited:

jeremysdemo

I never asked you to apologize for anything, (certainly not for your inability to know that a "comma" followed by a conjunction "and" is used to separate two subjects or better yet independent clauses of a sentence) I'd say the private school system did not fail me.

my only concern was and remains your sin of false witness against me, multiple false witnesses at this point, Exodus 20:16, again not that that means anything to you, to tell you any less would not be loving you fully.

keep shinin

Nazaroo

I never asked you to apologize for anything, (certainly not for your inability to know that "and" is used to separate two subjects of a sentence)

my only concern was and remains your sin of false witness against me, multiple false witnesses at this point, Exodus 20:16, again not that that means anything to you.

keep shinin

You're long on charges,
including your allegation that I'm of an 'ilk' that would support imprisoning pot smokers,
but you're short on plausible evidence.

An unjust balance is an abomination to the LORD.

jeremysdemo

You're long on charges,
no charges here, Jesus did not come to put us under the law (face trials and penalties) but to shine the light onto it that we may have life and have it more abundantly (in effect give it spirit)
I tell you out of love these are your trespasses against me with the scripture for your benefit, that you too may have abundance.
So far we got I'm a dunce (the IQ test seem to differ)
, AND
You have misinterpreted God's word to allow you to consume marijuana.
you see it makes no never mind to me, any time something is not true it rolls off the ducks back like the many due drops in the spring.:surf: I mean it's sad, (don't know why the guy on the board is smiling) but at the same time horse and oat and all that jazz.
On side note, was is Jesus who once said nothing that goes into a man defiles him but that which comes out of his mouth?
maybe maybe not off to the synopsis boy wonder...
including your allegation that I'm of an 'ilk' that would support imprisoning pot smokers,
but your short on plausible evidence.
by agreeing with the government and big business (the cotton lobbies, tobacco industry, pharmaceutical companies,alcohol industry etc etc) that marijuana (in it's unadulterated form) is a drug you are a supporting the very system that put them there in the first place.
They are the ones that fostered offshore illegal marijuana importation and the resulting "enhancements" that took it from a natural creation to where it is at today. (removing all or most of the CBD and increasing the THC by 12%).
I see your saying marijuana is a drug but at the same time you are not concerned about warning Christian in your message, (although it is in the thread tag) but....:juggle:
An unjust balance is an abomination to the LORD.
I couldn't agree more. But rather than sit around saying "I could care less" when our vote counts; the more we can get others involved in their own legislation and representatives the more chance it has of being changes for the better, and anti-drug propaganda (including marijuana in it) ain't gonna further any causes other than feeding the fire that is burning at the justice system already.

You can be all anti prison in a hundred threads all you want but if your not doing anything politically about it your just preaching to a ghost choir. Look at the representatives and look how they consistently vote (the Right wing Christian "hard on drugs" incumbents), more spending on prisons, more on the war in Mexico, they're all in bed with the tobacco, alcohol and other lobby industries, so THEY are the enemy not the pot smokin kids or adults whom ingest, or the medical marijuana patients being arrested, dispatching center employees being arrested.

keep shinin

Last edited:

Aner

I support the torture and hanging of those who advocate attacking peaceful human beings - that would include Naz by his own admission. Naz - where I can I meet you with a rope so we can get rid of your a$$ that is costing this society so much unnecessary time, money and energy??

Nazaroo

I support the torture and hanging of those who advocate attacking peaceful human beings
- that would include Naz by his own admission.
Naz - where I can I meet you with a rope so we can get rid of your a$$
that is costing this society so much unnecessary time, money and energy??

Hmmm.
Interesting offer.
I was hoping for a reliable person for an assisted suicide,
if and when the time comes.
For instance, say in 20 years I'm dying painfully,
and would like a quick solution.

There would be some philosophical and ethical issues of course.
And your age and availability will also be an issue.
How old are you?
Because you're going to have to outlive me to be useful.

One point causes me concern:
Is your lust for torture a result of smoking pot?

jeremysdemo

Aner I had no idea Naz advocates attacking innocent people, clearly he is not part of the solution to end the injustice involved in marijuana criminalization but advocating the attacks? wouldn't that involve some sort of political activity for the candidates and incumbents that are pushing such legislation?

Indifference, heck ya, but advocating is a bit of a stretch.

Let us not fall into the same pit of false witness as these others, is there some thread out of the hundreds you would like me to read that details his position of advocacy?

keep shinin

Nazaroo

Aner I had no idea Naz advocates attacking innocent people, clearly he is not part of the solution to end the injustice involved in marijuana criminalization but advocating the attacks?

Why are you so confused?
And why are you such a pain in the A$$?

This is not a thread about advocating the legalization or decriminalization of marijuana.
If you want a thread about that, START a thread about that.
You are all hot air. You demand that others back your private cause,
and demand that they produce evidence that they are doing so.

But I have told you repeatedly, that:

(1) I DON'T advocate the legalization or decriminalization of ANY drug.

(2) This thread is about Recreational Drug Use and the Bible.

(3) I'm not interested at the moment in derailing my own thread for you.

Either contribute the real subject here, or buzz off.

Paulos

Corrected Translation:
1:29a And God said, Behold, I have given you authority over every seed-bearing plant, upon the face of all the earth.

The words "authority over" simply do not exist in the Hebrew of Genesis 1:29. You have added those words yourself.

jeremysdemo

Why are you so confused?
And why are you such a pain in the A$$?

This is not a thread about advocating the legalization or decriminalization of marijuana.
If you want a thread about that, START a thread about that.
You are all hot air. You demand that others back your private cause,
and demand that they produce evidence that they are doing so.

But I have told you repeatedly, that:

(1) I DON'T advocate the legalization or decriminalization of ANY drug.

(2) This thread is about Recreational Drug Use and the Bible.

(3) I'm not interested at the moment in derailing my own thread for you.

Either contribute the real subject here, or buzz off.
then you have no practical means to apply your beliefs to your life or society rendering them useless, the Bible shows us what laws are just and what are not, you on the other hand chose to op out of that for your own personal reasons (mainly because it makes your beliefs look ridiculous).

More specifically you're are talking about drug dealing and the Bible it's right in your sig, the pharmaceutical companies selling Christians prescriptions (which cause more diseases than the symptoms they relieve) they are the "drug dealers", not teen age pot smokers or people using the plant Biblically and appropriately, the fact that you think marijuana is a drug and could care less about the impact it being illegal has had on your fellow man shows you're spiritually in bed with them.

keep shinin

Last edited: