Dr. Ford's Lie-Detector Test a Fraud

glorydaz

They'll do well enough, if you apply yourself, to get you into college, which is where more meaningful education should occur.

Our local public school has sent more than a few kids to Ivy League schools. Despite being a Title One school in a disproportionately poor part of the county, it ranks 32nd in our state. And our state fairs pretty well in any number of measurables.

Except that they are clueless about history, civics, and common sense. :chuckle:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
They even know who won King Philip's War.

Disease, mostly

I've often wondered why amerindians were so susceptible to European diseases

And why the Indians weren't carrying diseases that Europeans were susceptible to

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Disease, mostly

I've often wondered why amerindians were so susceptible to European diseases

And why the Indians weren't carrying diseases that Europeans were susceptible to

That is a really interesting question. Perhaps European diseases were able to affect more people because they were able to move through a larger population. Any Native American diseases would have only the population of explorers to move through and might therefore be limited. Fewer people to get infected.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The more meaningful education of which you speak makes them stupid
No, it never does. Now if they waste the opportunity (in which case they haven't really had that meaningful education) they'll come out largely unchanged, but that's on them.

because almost all of their teachers are stupid.
Reminds me of the time I was listening to this anti-theist go on and on about religion. Toward the end he said something like that about the faithful. So I walked up to him, extended my hand, and as he was shaking it congratulated him and asked him what church he attended.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
He was accused of a crime, and answered under penalty of perjury. That particular talking point does not hole water.

Does not change the fact that it was not a criminal proceeding. In a civil proceeding you testify under penalty of perjury as well but the burden of proof is different.
This was clearly a political proceeding, even different from a civil one. The decision was based on politics. You only need to compare Gramham's sputtering finger waving comments to his earlier positions on trump. He has sold his soul, I thought he had some integrity, quelle surprise.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
The more meaningful education of which you speak makes them stupid because almost all of their teachers are stupid.

Well that is an interesting comment. Perhaps you should just step to the front of the class room, Jerry. Impart all your knowledge to those young inquiring minds.

glorydaz

Does not change the fact that it was not a criminal proceeding. In a civil proceeding you testify under penalty of perjury as well but the burden of proof is different.
This was clearly a political proceeding, even different from a civil one. The decision was based on politics. You only need to compare Gramham's sputtering finger waving comments to his earlier positions on trump. He has sold his soul, I thought he had some integrity, quelle surprise.

Ah, searching for a hole are you? It was not a "political proceeding" ie a confirmation hearing. It was a show trial...a mock trial. Reminds me a bit of the mock hearing Jesus received.

Jerry Shugart

Well that is an interesting comment. Perhaps you should just step to the front of the class room, Jerry. Impart all your knowledge to those young inquiring minds.

I'll be glad to stand in front of inquiring minds and tell them that they should beware of the hate spewed out by Georgetown University Associate Professor Christine Fair when she said that white GOP senators "deserved miserable deaths while feminists laugh."

Can you imagine? She is from the group who champions political correctness!

Inclusion EXCEPT for old white men. Kill em all!