Dozer's Fixation on Rape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quetzal

Actually, the fictional character Josephine claimed her fictional friend deserved to be raped. Try to find doser actually making the claim he believes some women deserve to be raped. You want be able to i think. I never ran across it.
You are playing semantics but he is using that scenario to highlight and support his point. I don't know if that makes it any better.

musterion

If someone has already drawn this parallel, I apologize.

There are similarities in this thread to the arguments used to deter various types of lawbreakers, particularly males, who engage in behaviors that run the risk of incarceration, which in turn includes the possible or probable subjection to forced sodomy.

Criminals know whatever behavior they're engaging in is illegal, so they know there are penalties if they get caught. Jailhouse sodomy is unofficially one of those penalties. That's just a fact of common knowledge.

Question: Is a lawbreaker who knowingly risks getting caught deserving of being sodomized if he goes to jail... that is, should he share the blame for getting raped just as he is to blame for going to jail in the first place? Or is he simply taking the risk, and with it the responsibility, for potentially getting raped?

bybee

Well, a hypocrite is someone who pretends to be what he/she is not. You pretend you're soft hearted when you're actually being a bleeding heart. When one's heart starts bleeding, the head stops working.

You pretend you haven't said the same thing I have said (that everyone is responsible for their own bad behavior), then turn around and accuse me of saying what I have not said. Yes, you're a hypocrite.

I do not pretend. You may be suffering from cognitive dissonance?
If it makes you happy to call me a hypocrite I really don't care.
Have at it!

Arthur Brain

Actually, the fictional character Josephine claimed her fictional friend deserved to be raped. Try to find doser actually making the claim he believes some women deserve to be raped. You want be able to i think. I never ran across it.

Er, doser was the one writing the 'narrative' and you're clutching at straws if you're trying to argue that it wasn't reflective of his own views. Just look at the convo on the adjoining thread if you need any further evidence.

ClimateSanity

You are playing semantics but he is using that scenario to highlight and support his point. I don't know if that makes it any better.

The fictional character is making dosers point. I'm inclined to believe his choice of words was accidental. You need to ask him if he agrees with josephine and if not, why that choice of words.

Quetzal

The fictional character is making dosers point. I'm inclined to believe his choice of words was accidental. You need to ask him if he agrees with josephine and if not, why that choice of words.
A fictional character that Doser wrote. You have no argument here. If Doser wants to amend his argument that is up to him. In the meantime, this is a moot discussion.

ClimateSanity

Er, doser was the one writing the 'narrative' and you're clutching at straws if you're trying to argue that it wasn't reflective of his own views. Just look at the convo on the adjoining thread if you need any further evidence.

Am I clutching at straws or are you ready to always know his intentions? He has not proven to hate women in my estimation and so I cannot make assumptions regarding his intentions.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Now again, i agreed he used a poor choice of words,
It's already been pointed out to him that his wording is a major flop.
And yet he keeps right on using those same words.
So I feel confident those ARE the very words he means to use.

asking for it
chose it
deserved it

And each scenario he brings up confirms that he means:
asking for it
chose it
deserved it

If he doesn't really mean ......
asking for it
chose it
deserved it​
.... then he needs to stop using them.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If someone has already drawn this parallel, I apologize.

There are similarities in this thread to the arguments used to deter various types of lawbreakers, particularly males, who engage in behaviors that run the risk of incarceration, which in turn includes the possible or probable subjection to forced sodomy.

Criminals know whatever behavior they're engaging in is illegal, so they know there are penalties if they get caught. Jailhouse sodomy is unofficially one of those penalties. That's just a fact of common knowledge.

Question: Is a lawbreaker who knowingly risks getting caught deserving of being sodomized if he goes to jail... that is, should he share the blame for getting raped just as he is to blame for going to jail in the first place? Or is he simply taking the risk, and with it the responsibility, for potentially getting raped?
I would say no, no man deserves to raped in jail just because he is in jail.

ClimateSanity

Exactly, and no, it doesn't make it any better.

;)

There is no need to make it better. His point stands no matter the choice of words josephine used. He is stating that women and all people are responsible for their actions. josephine friend deliberately put herself in harms way. She is responsible for making a very poor choice. She did not deserve to be raped. Im thinking doser is putting common thinking into josephine. Many people do actually think this way. Doser is reflecting that habit of society in his fiction.

Greg Jennings

Yes, I suppose a woman has the right to get drunk and dress up in Lady Gaga's meat dress and walk into a tiger habitat at the zoo.

It surely could never be her fault that the tiger couldn't control itself and mistook her for food.

We will put the tiger to death for being a maneater, add the woman's name to the list of saints, and call it good.

Humans have quite a bit more brainpower and morality than tigers do. So your comparison isn't really accurate

musterion

I would say no, no man deserves to raped in jail just because he is in jail.

Fair enough, but he chose a reckless course of action which he knew ran the risk of possible rape. Blame, fault and deserve are excluded here...does he bear any responsibility for putting himself in a situation where he ended up raped?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, please let him clarify why he had josephine use that choice of words.
He began that scenario with:
"unless they were asking for it like Josephine"

It is clear that he thinks Josephine was asking for it (rape).

Quetzal

Alright, this needs to be said. To those of you who are telling me "You are missing Dozer's point, that everyone is responsible for their own actions." If that was his sole point, he would get no arguments out of me, none. I think this is a given that we can all agree with.

My objection comes in the form of his other, intentionally provocative statements that he uses to try to push his argument one step further. Comments like this:

With consolation and comfort (in regards to rape victims)

Spoiler
unless they were asking for it

like Josephine:

Spoiler

Josephine is planning to go down to the Ferguson protests dressed in klan robes and a hood, carrying a sign that says "Michael Brown Deserved To Be Shot!" and shout racial slurs at the protesters.

Josephine tells her plans to her friend Francine.

Francine says "Don't do it - they'll beat you up and rape you."

Josephine says "You're not the boss of me - I'll do what I want!"

Josephine goes down to the Ferguson protests dressed in klan robes and a hood, carrying a sign that says "Michael Brown Deserved To Be Shot!" and shouts racial slurs at the protesters.

Josephine gets beaten and raped.

Those who beat and rape Josephine are arrested and charged.

Francine comes to visit Josephine in the hospital.

Josephine whines about how unfair it was that she got beaten and raped.

Francine says "What are you talking about? You deserved to get beaten and raped. I told you not to go down there. You chose to get beaten and raped. Next time don't be such a moron."

and this...

you go right ahead and tell Josephine she did nothing wrong

and next week, plan on visiting her in the hospital again when she does the same thing again

and this...

why coddle an assault victim if they brought it on themselves?

and this...

it's another discussion for another thread, but i'm of the opinion that rape is a choice that women make

and this...

a woman lying in a hospital bed, in a coma, is raped (think Kill Bill)

is she responsible?

would it shock you if i told you that i could argue yes?

Etc,etc,etc.

These comments in collaboration paint a very malicious, victim shaming picture that I, personally, object to. If you still think his argument is valid, that's fine. But it is also important to understand why people might lash back at you for doing so.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Fair enough, but he chose a reckless course of action which he knew ran the risk of possible rape. Blame, fault and deserve are excluded here...does he bear any responsibility for putting himself in a situation where he ended up raped?
No.
He was only sentenced to be in jail for his crime.
He was not sentenced to be raped in jail for his crime.

The crime of him being raped while in jail is a totally separate crime that has nothing to do with his crime he was placed in jail for.

If the jailbird rapist that raped him in jail is brought up on charges of rape, the blame of that crime is completely on the rapist, not him.

Status
Not open for further replies.