Doug McBurney protesting for Terri

Granite

Hall of Fame
Dread, that's crap and you know it.

P.S. Is it just me or does the "Enyart Criterion" sound like the name of a bad supermarket novel?

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Yorzhik said:
Zak wrote:

Because Terri is being murdered, and nothing so far has stopped her murder. Obviously, the attention Terri is getting isn't the right kind, so how do we change the attention that Terri is getting without bring attention to ourselves? If it could be done, we would do it. But it cannot, so it is good that someone was able to.
So you're saying grabbing the spotlight for a little cheap publicity is the best way to go about this thing?

It seems that's your deity might intervene, but he certainlly doesn't seem to be interested in doing so... You've tried the courts, and that failed too. You tried Congress and the President, and they failed too.

I guess that means that all you Christians have left is media types like McBurney and Terry to try to fix what your deity won't.:rolleyes:

Wouldn't you bring attention to yourself to stop Terri's murder?
I am not so egotistical that I believe that bringing any attention to myself would change that situation. :nono:

JoyfulRook

granite1010 said:
Maybe headbanging against a Granite wall has done something to my head... :bang: Whatever. :rolleyes:

P.S. Is it just me or does the "Enyart Criterion" sound like the name of a bad supermarket novel?
It sounds like some old forged papers Dan Rather would report on written by a mysterious commie :Commie: named "Flipper".....

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Flipper said:
Yeah, this whole mess could have just been avoided using the Enyart Criterion by not interfering with the natural processes of death when she was arresting on her kitchen floor.
Did you just make this up or what? :confused:
Bob Enyart said:
Of course we can’t always determine immediately the extent of damage, and if we don’t revive someone who can perhaps fully recover over time, then the default position is that they should die because of an unhealthy bias against revival. From what you’ve written, I think that you and I agree that it is wrong to kill someone, but not wrong to let a dying man die. However, I’d like to try to pull you further to the side of erring on the side of life even in those precious moments when life-saving actions must be taken.

Quoted from this post.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
granite1010 said:

Yeah, it does sound like badly contrived fiction.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am not so egotistical that I believe that bringing any attention to myself would change that situation.
If it could be done without bringing attention to yourself, as we would also do if possible, wouldn't you do it to stop Terri's murder?

Thia

[QUOTE This disregard for the Schindler's pleas to chill out just shows the most important thing to Randall Terry and Company is getting fifteen minutes. That's pretty callous, and pretty selfish.[/QUOTE]

Typical addictive behaviour on the part of the obnoxious protestors - "It's all about me! I have faith but no reason! Come on down and join the Band of Bobbies!" Let the Schiavos mourn their daughter in peace. It's obvious they're suffering terribly.

JoyfulRook

Thia said:
Typical addictive behaviour on the part of the obnoxious protestors - "It's all about me! I have faith but no reason! Come on down and join the Band of Bobbies!"
Get a clue. Just admit that you are trying to fit in with the likes of Granite, Zakath, and avatar382. You obviously couldn't care less about Terri, and side with the muderers. :doh:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Turbo said:
Yeah, it does sound like badly contrived fiction.
A Ludlum novel to be precise...

From Turbo's citation of St. Bob the Broadcaster...
I think that you and I agree that it is wrong to kill someone, but not wrong to let a dying man die.
Perhaps that is what Flipper is referring to; or perhaps not. When he comes back, we'll find out.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Anyway, it's all old news... McBurney's got big-time competition for the spotlight now...

link
The Reverend Jesse Jackson has entered the ring...

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Zakath said:
Perhaps that is what Flipper is referring to; or perhaps not. When he comes back, we'll find out.
Nice of you to take that sentence out of context on Flipper's behalf.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Dread Helm said:
Get a clue. Just admit that you are trying to fit in with the likes of Granite, Zakath, and avatar382. You obviously couldn't care less about Terri, and side with the muderers. :doh:

I side with her parents, not these publicity-hungry freaks getting arrested for ten minutes of airtime.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
granite1010 said:
I side with her parents, not these publicity-hungry freaks getting arrested for ten minutes of airtime.
Did you hear about the latest media hound to show up to get their bit of spotlight?
None other than the Reverend Jesse Jackson... invited by the Schindlers... :doh:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Flipper stated that Enyart would support withholding treatment from someone who was "arresting on her kitchen floor."

Zakath, based on the quotes in post #84, do you agree that Flipper mischaracterized Enyart's beliefs (whether intentionally or not)?

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Turbo said:
Flipper stated that Enyart would support withholding treatment from someone who was "arresting on her kitchen floor."

Zakath, based on the quotes in post #84, do you agree that Flipper mischaracterized Enyart's beliefs (whether intentionally or not)?
Short answer: I'm not sure. :think:

It depends entirely on how one interprets Enyart's own words: "... I think that you and I agree that it is wrong to kill someone, but not wrong to let a dying man die." There are several ways he could mean it. The context of your quote is insufficient for me to ascertain a possible fuller meaning of what Enyart does or does not believe with any reasonable probability of being correct...

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Zakath said:
Short answer: I'm not sure. :think:

The context of your quote is insufficient for me to ascertain a possible fuller meaning of what Enyart does or does not believe...
So even after reading this:
Bob Enyart said:
Of course we can’t always determine immediately the extent of damage, and if we don’t revive someone who can perhaps fully recover over time, then the default position is that they should die because of an unhealthy bias against revival.
...and this:
However, I’d like to try to pull you further to the side of erring on the side of life even in those precious moments when life-saving actions must be taken.
...you just can't figure it out. OK. Thanks for clarifying.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Turbo said:
So even after reading this:...and this:...you just can't figure it out. OK. Thanks for clarifying.
You're welcome. :thumb:

Perhaps Enyart's writing is not as clear to some of us as it is to some of his followers...

Thia

Dread Helm said:

...and you are an arrogant kook. I don't need to 'fit in' with anyone, buddy. Believe me.

JoyfulRook

Thia said:
...and you are an arrogant kook.
Riiiiight. That's me alright. :dunce: I'm a kook because I believe that murder is wrong and that Terri should live. :hammer:

Last edited: