Doug McBurney protesting for Terri

Zakath

Resident Atheist
ShadowMaid said:
Well, people who transport them to be murdered and the like. Does that make it more clear?
Why yes, thank you.

So in your view the ambulance driver who took Terri Schaivo to the hospice is a nazi?

Absolutely, we do it all the time.
Perhaps you should consider changing the ineffective parts of the message, not merely examining it. ;)

Not everyone is a Nazi.
Never said everyone was. As a matter of fact, other than Hitler and a few of his top officials I don't ever recall calling anyone a Nazi here on TOL... :think:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
ShadowMaid said:
:bannana:
You left out part of the story. Context is important, ShadowMaid.

citation
...Tension mounted outside Woodside Hospice here, where Schiavo was in her 10th day without food or water. Bobby Schindler, Schiavo's brother, told the protesters they aren't helping his family by getting arrested.

Karl Henderson, 25, of Denver Bible Church, took issue with Schindler. "We should be able to take her water if she's dying," he said.

"You're not speaking for our family," Schindler said...

ShadowMaid

Zakath said:
Why yes, thank you.

So in your view the ambulance driver who took Terri Schaivo to the hospice is a nazi?

10 years ago? No, he was trying to help her. Now the police men that are keeping her from getting water, they're Nazi's. They're letting her die when they could do something or at least try.

Perhaps you should consider changing the ineffective parts of the message, not merely examining it. ;)

It's only ineffective, because people don't like the truth.

The point I'm trying to make is, Mr. McBurney is a hero, because he's trying to show the truth, and is even willing to pay the consequences. The police, however, are just letting her die. :down:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
ShadowMaid said:
10 years ago? No, he was trying to help her. Now the police men that are keeping her from getting water, they're Nazi's. They're letting her die when they could do something or at least try.
Ahh, thank you for clarifying that point.

It's only ineffective, because people don't like the truth.
Perhaps. Or it could be that, since Christians make up less than 1/3 of the world's population after twenty centuries, the message is not convincing to most of the world's people.

The point I'm trying to make is, Mr. McBurney is a hero, because he's trying to show the truth, and is even willing to pay the consequences. The police, however, are just letting her die. :down:
Thank you for clarifying your point. I would agree that Mr. McBurney has his rights to ignore the expressed wishes of the Schindlers and the Shaivos and protest. But his insensitivity apparent playing to the camera does not rate "hero" status in my thinking.

Do you suppose Jesus would have protested many of the Roman executions the way McBurney is protesting this?

:think:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Zakath said:
Ahh, thank you for clarifying that point.

Thank you for clarifying your point. I would agree that Mr. McBurney has his rights to ignore the expressed wishes of the Schindlers and the Shaivos and protest. But his insensitivity apparent playing to the camera does not rate "hero" status in my thinking.

Do you really think that you have enough information or evidence to make such a statement? :) Surely you don't feel your profession gives you the authority to assume things about people that you have no way of knowing. :) You know nothing about him. :) I sense a little bit of overconfidence in claiming another motive behind his actions other than his true convictions. :) Would you like a soda? :)

Granite

Hall of Fame
Disrespecting the Schindler's wishes for a few minutes of airtime is grotesque and absolutely shameful.

JoyfulRook

Zakath said:
I am also of the opinion that if McBurney didn't have a chance of getting on camera, he probably wouldn't be there. :down:

Simple questions.
Look, I know Doug, and I know that he would not have done it just to get his face on TV. He genuinely wants the Government and her dirtbag of an estranged husband to stop the killing of this innocent woman. If he did get media attention it's a good thing, as it reminds us that there are actually some people left in America that don't have a bloodlust for the Innocent Disabled, Innocent Unborn, and Innocent Elderly. :Commie: meet your alter ego :zakath: , :zakath: alter ego :Commie: . :down:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Zakath said:
I am also of the opinion that if McBurney didn't have a chance of getting on camera, he probably wouldn't be there. :down:

Simple questions.

Wow, you are so wrong about that. I was with Doug once when he got arrested, not one camera around.

Granite

Hall of Fame
So his own agenda is more important than what the Schindlers want and are asking for.

Nice attitude.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Poly said:
Do you really think that you have enough information or evidence to make such a statement? :)
Which statement? I made several in one paragraph...

Surely you don't feel your profession gives you the authority to assume things about people that you have no way of knowing. :)
No, I usually leave that type of thing to you religionists... :chuckle:

You know nothing about him. :)
IIRC he was the person quoted in a local paper demanding that Aaron McKinney be handed over to a crowd (mob?) outside a courtroom for execution. source His exact words, as quoted by the reporter were:

''We came here to request that the murderer be handed over for an execution,'' said demonstrator Doug McBurney.

That kind of statement tells quite a bit about the speaker, don't you think?

I sense a little bit of overconfidence in claiming another motive behind his actions other than his true convictions. :)
Do you really think that you have enough information or evidence to make such a statement? :chuckle:

JoyfulRook

The Police shouldn't be arresting little compassionate kids and Adults like Doug. They should be arresting, Judge Greer, Terri's estranged Husband, and the doctors who have withheld food and water to a woman who is mentally disabled, not terminal.

JoyfulRook

Zakath said:
''We came here to request that the murderer be handed over for an execution,'' said demonstrator Doug McBurney.

Alright! He should be arrested, tried and executed! :first:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Shimei said:
Wow, you are so wrong about that. I was with Doug once when he got arrested, not one camera around.
Thank you for correcting that misperception. What, might I ask, were you doing when he got arrested?

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Zakath said:
Thank you for correcting that misperception. What, might I ask, were you doing when he got arrested?

Doug, myself, and some other people were holding up large signs that said "Rapist" and had a profile of Bubba Bill Jeff on them. We were standing on a public sidewalk near Columbine high school. Clinton was to visit that day and right before he passed us by in his limo, the police forced us to put our signs on the ground or be arrested. Doug refused to but his sign down.