Donald Trump will WIN BIG!

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Depends on whether or not you want to look goofy.

I know what you think you know. Now let me know when she's charged and convicted. And when you decide you shouldn't be attempting to lecture a lawyer on the law we might have a conversation about letter and spirit, about prosecutorial discretion, among other things. But mostly we should have a conversation about inconvenient truths, like the presumption that isn't rebutted by your unqualified belief that a case is established on its face.

You'll call her a felon because it suits your disposition. I've heard people to my left call many from the Bush administration something similar. Certainly more than a few made similar declarations about Reagan. And maybe a prosecution would have established it, but until or unless one does using the term, left or right, is just a sound that fails to signify.

And it's not a speech, it's a principle. The same principle you'd want extended to you or yours even if everyone in the free world just knew you were guilty. And you can call her Betty, but it won't make that her name. As someone I only agree with sparingly is fond of saying, words mean things. They mean particular things and this one is an operation of law. You don't need a law degree to understand that, but sometimes you may need one to remember it.

Well done, TH.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
The Hypocrisy Of Trump’s Refusal To Release His Tax Returns
May 11, 2016 9:34 am

In an interview with the Associated Press, presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump revealed that he will not release any of his tax returns before election day.

Previously, Trump blamed an ongoing audit for his failure to release returns, an excuse that was questioned by tax experts.

As recently as Sunday, Trump pledged to release the returns “as fast as the auditors finish.” Last October, Trump said he would release his tax returns once Hillary Clinton released her emails.

Now, Trump adds that he’s not planning to release them because “there’s nothing to learn from them” and voters aren’t interested in the information.

The announcement is a sharp break from historical precedent. Although the number of years for which they’ve released tax returns vary, every party nominee since 1976 has released some. Fifteen years of Hillary Clinton’s tax returns are available online.

It’s also a sharp break from Trump’s own advice to Mitt Romney.

In January 2012, Trump told Greta Van Sustren that Romney “was hurt really very badly” by his initial refusal to release his tax returns. He advised Romney to “release them now.”

Romney released his 2010 return and a summary of his 2011 return later that month. After Romney released his full 2011 tax return in September, Trump praised Romney for releasing his returns and said they were “very honorably done.” Although Trump now claims no one is interested in reviewing tax returns, he said he personally reviewed Romney’s, calling them “absolutely beautiful and perfect.”

He then advised Romney to offer to release more years of tax returns in exchange for Obama’s college transcripts and passport records.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2016/05/11/3777219/trump-called-mitt-romney-release-tax-re
One would have thought that Trump would have been prepared to release his tax returns the moment he announced his candidacy - given Romney's difficulties with this issue in 2012.

This is one self-inflicted wound which the Democrats should keep in the political forefront every day of the week from now until the general election.

The fact that Trump now refuses to follow the same advice that he once gave to Mitt Romney in 2012 provides yet another graphic example as to just how far "the Donald" thinks he is above the rules that apply to the rest of us mortals!

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
One would have thought that Trump would have been prepared to release his tax returns the moment he announced his candidacy - given Romney's difficulties with this issue in 2012.

This is one self-inflicted wound which the Democrats should keep in the political forefront every day of the week from now until the general election.

The fact that Trump now refuses to follow the same advice that he once gave to Mitt Romney in 2012 provides yet another graphic example as to just how far "the Donald" thinks he is above the rules that apply to the rest of us mortals!

The only entity that really cares about Donald Trump's returns are those that keep demanding them...the press. Have you really perused any candidates tax returns? Cmon be honest...

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Depends on whether or not you want to look goofy.

Nice...so you want to insult me now, I thought you were better than that. You don't have to agree with my premise but, you could afford me the liberty of having an opinion that you disagree with outside of petty jeering. :nono:

I know what you think you know. Now let me know when she's charged and convicted. And when you decide you shouldn't be attempting to lecture a lawyer on the law we might have a conversation about letter and spirit, about prosecutorial discretion, among other things. But mostly we should have a conversation about inconvenient truths, like the presumption that isn't rebutted by your unqualified belief that a case is established on its face. .

Not lecturing counselor, I am establishing the reason why I speak of Hillary Clinton as the felon she is. Given that she may never see the inside of a courtroom for the clear undisputed facts of which she not only violated the letter but the spirit of, myself along with many Americans in this country have taken the liberty of convicting her in the court of public opinion. The fact that the lawless Obama justice department allows her the libery to skate where others serve time under the guise of prosecutorial discretion shows that the system is not balanced or just... but, corrupt does come to mind.

You'll call her a felon because it suits your disposition. I've heard people to my left call many from the Bush administration something similar. Certainly more than a few made similar declarations about Reagan. And maybe a prosecution would have established it, but until or unless one does using the term, left or right, is just a sound that fails to signify.

Maybe it does fit my disposition, what is your point? That I should give her the right to break the law without recourse just like the "lack of justice" dept. does? What a sham...either the law is the same for all or you have no law at all, which is where this country is quickly arriving.

And it's not a speech, it's a principle. The same principle you'd want extended to you or yours even if everyone in the free world just knew you were guilty. And you can call her Betty, but it won't make that her name. As someone I only agree with sparingly is fond of saying, words mean things. They mean particular things and this one is an operation of law. You don't need a law degree to understand that, but sometimes you may need one to remember it.

Here Here! Words do mean things, including the words on the documents Hillary signed to have a position of public trust and high level clearances, something I understand intimately. There was a four star general recently convicted of much less for those very words. Seems that the "priciples" of which you speak only apply to non-politicians, priciples like equal justice under the law and the like. Again the laws that Hillary has broken are not in dispute, she has admitted publically to them, what is missing is accountability for such, you would do well to remember that as well, you dont have to be a lawyer to recognize the perversion of the law.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
And as I said before, that is just my opinion, and I think that everyone should make their own decision about Trump's mental capacity to be president. And you are in NO position to complain about childish name calling.

Donald Trump certainly has the mental capacity, he is a very intelligent man. What I question is his candor & tone which can be quite divisive and the name calling that you speak of goes right to that point.

Timotheos

Donald Trump certainly has the mental capacity, he is a very intelligent man. What I question is his candor & tone which can be quite divisive and the name calling that you speak of goes right to that point.

What do you think? Do you think that Trump has Narcissistic Personality Disorder or not?
Do you think that a person (whether or not that person is Trump) who has NPD is mentally fit to be the President of the United States?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
What do you think? Do you think that Trump has Narcissistic Personality Disorder or not?
Do you think that a person (whether or not that person is Trump) who has NPD is mentally fit to be the President of the United States?

I imagine if we examined the lives and thoughts of all the previous presidents we would find far worse than Trump's shortcomings. Trump is the man !!!

Timotheos

I imagine if we examined the lives and thoughts of all the previous presidents we would find far worse than Trump's shortcomings. Trump is the man !!!

It would be good to thoroughly examine the lives of everyone before they are elected President. But I wasn't asking about them. I was asking a fairly simple question: In your opinion, do you feel that Trump has Narcissistic Personality Disorder and do you think that a person with NPD is mentally fit to be the President?

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It would be good to thoroughly examine the lives of everyone before they are elected President. But I wasn't asking about them. I was asking a fairly simple question: In your opinion, do you feel that Trump has Narcissistic Personality Disorder and do you think that a person with NPD is mentally fit to be the President?
I don't think Trump has NPD but even if he did he would be fit as president. Vote Trump

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Nice...so you want to insult me now,
No, I only met an assertion that you might need to teach me the law with a fairly mild qualifying rejoinder. Seemed on the same level. Nothing particularly hard in it. So don't throw a jab and then complain when you get one in rhetorical turn. Seems fair.

You don't have to agree with my premise but, you could afford me the liberty of having an opinion that you disagree with outside of petty jeering. :nono:
Opinion away. Else, supra.

Given that she may never see the inside of a courtroom for the clear undisputed facts...
Said all sorts of people, even prosecutors, who subsequently met with personal disappointment and defeat on a point of law.

So let's look at 18 U.S.C.A Section 793(f).

Read Gorin v. U.S., 312 U.S. 19 (1941). The case establishes pretty clearly that prosecution under this section was seen as a thing to be used by those willfully intending an injury to the United States. There's been no other demonstrable use of it. Or, as Laurie Levinson, Professor of Law, William M. Rains Fellow, the David W. Burcham Chair in Ethical Advocacy, and Director of the Center for Legal Advocacy at Loyola Law School put it in the National Law Review: "Politics aside, it is difficult to find prior cases where the unwise handling of classified information led to a federal indictment. Fort the last 20 years, the federal statues have been used when there were intentional unauthorized disclosures. The Department of Justice appears to have gone after leakers, but not bunglers."

That is, the law has been used and its spirit defined as an instrument to punish those who willfully disseminate classified information with the purpose of doing harm to the U.S. government. And no one is seriously suggesting that intent here.

Maybe it does fit my disposition, what is your point?
My point is that it should make you doubly suspicious of your own conclusions, subject your inclination to a thorough examination. Especially when and where you understand yourself to be stepping into an area where you lack particular expertise.

That I should give her the right to break the law without recourse just like the "lack of justice" dept. does?
While not suggesting a lack of particular qualifications should disqualify you from an opinion, when you find yourself making this sort of declaration accompanying the first it seems more and more like a political ax and less and less like a thoughtful outrage.

What a sham...either the law is the same for all or you have no law at all, which is where this country is quickly arriving.
The law is the same and so is process, precedent and practice.

Here Here! Words do mean things, including the words on the documents Hillary signed to have a position of public trust and high level clearances, something I understand intimately. There was a four star general recently convicted of much less for those very words. Seems that the "priciples" of which you speak only apply to non-politicians, priciples like equal justice under the law and the like. Again the laws that Hillary has broken are not in dispute, she has admitted publically to them, what is missing is accountability for such, you would do well to remember that as well, you dont have to be a lawyer to recognize the perversion of the law.
Depends on the law. Here, you mostly do. I know this is going to irk you, but the law is a precise instrument and when you get into questions that involve more than just apparent black letter, bringing in related precedent and examination on what is essentially a technical question (no one is suggesting real espionage) then you need to understand that whole and the chances are a layman isn't in a position to do it.

Clinton may well be prosecuted in time. Who knows? Prosecution alone can be evidence of little more than political will where politics is itself at the heart of the matter, but until and unless she is and until and unless the thing is fully examined and that examination meets the threshold for conviction, it's simply irresponsible to make declarations of guilt.