Donald Trump will WIN BIG!

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
it's really very simple

in the primaries, vote for the best candidate you can find - one who represents your values best

in the general election vote against the worst candidate - iow, choose the lesser of what is inevitably a choice between two evils

if anna understood this concept (and wasn't so dead set on trolling you), she wouldn't appear to be such a retard

Trolling... :chuckle: It's called having a discussion with rocketman, not you - and if he decides he's not up for it then he can go back to ignoring me again.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Not if you understand the use contextually. Israel is set out as the bride of God. That's not a condemnation of women. Israel is made up of both sexes and the dominant sex of Israel, the head if you like, was male. Women didn't ruin Israel. Men did. Men charged with leading the nation. But the illustration uses women because it's describing a relationship between God and man to illustrate a nation's unfaithfulness. It isn't being offered to give an insight into or pass judgment onto women and when people use it as that they really only offer an insight into their own struggles and judgement of their own failure.

The point is that the Bible's attitude is against feminist ideology- these nations being patriarchal really just twists the blade.

You can't justify a cause that calls for the same exact things that the Bible is against.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
In the meantime, I'm considering a leveling thread: Donald Trump, ill wind bag. :think: Too understated for the topic?

Not any more understated than a leveling thread titled: "Hillary... American liberal's acceptance & love affair with lawlessness" :think:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The point is that the Bible's attitude is against feminist ideology
I don't believe the Bible is interested in liberal or conservative politics entirely. Only in as much as they serve the good.

- these nations being patriarchal really just twists the blade.
I don't know why you believe that. Once upon a time most, nearly all of early societies were.

You can't justify a cause that calls for the same exact things that the Bible is against
The Bible isn't an enemy of feminism. It's the enemy of your perception of it...and of certain corners, which is true of nearly any ideology under the sun. Or, see my first answer above.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The Bible isn't an enemy of feminism. It's the enemy of your perception of it...and of certain corners, which is true of nearly any ideology under the sun. Or, see my first answer above.

Paul was anti-feminist. So was St. Augustine. In fact, there's a lot of liberal historians today who like to slander them as 'hating women'.

And yet, they are two of the most pronounced edifiers in history.

Timotheos

Hello Mr. Journey, its always good to read your posts
Trump is like a bull in a china closet, and that appears to be what the voters want.
That may be true, but that doesn't mean that Trump will have my vote.
Paul Ryan and those behind him seem to think that they still have choices.
In fact, they do have a choice. They can either vote for him or not vote for him.
Seriously, what does the Washington establishment think they can do to stop Trump.
It looks like there isn't anything they can do to stop Trump. This doesn't mean that they have to support Trump.
Are they going to refuse to support their own nominee? If so, how does that work?
Yes, they can refuse to support the nominee. They can do this by stating that they refuse to support the nominee.

Trump doesn't have to adopt Paul Ryan's agenda and won't.
I agree. Trump will only ever adopt Trump's agenda, which is "Trump wants to be the president."
It appears that the only thing the Republican establishment can do is throw a fit.
Yes, possibly. I would call that "protesting the nomination of a man who is unfit to be president of the US."
Yet, they act like they might be able to reject Trump.
I don't think anyone has claimed that they are able to reject Trump as the presumptive nominee at this point.
When will they get the message that the primaries are over and Trump won?
They know this, but they do not have to like it. And they are not required to support Trump.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Paul was anti-feminist. So was St. Augustine.
And Jefferson owned people. I'm kidding (but not about Jefferson). Paul wasn't anti-feminist. He'd be anti some ideas within that tent, which is why I noted in my last that overly broad approaches are problematic. All feminists don't believe the same thing/define feminism in exactly the same way. Essentially, feminism was a politicization of the belief that women were entitled to the same protections and legal rights as men. Not all feminism is of the same particular, however, which is why Sarah Palin was comfortable calling herself a feminist.

In fact, there's a lot of liberal historians today who like to slander them as 'hating women'.
And a lot of people who don't understand Paul attempting to paint him in misogynistic tones, both left and right. People.

And yet, they are two of the most pronounced edifiers in history.
So was Jefferson.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Trump is like a bull in a china closet, and that appears to be what the voters want.
Where there's Trump there's bull! :eek: He does seem to be pretty hard on China too.
Paul Ryan and those behind him seem to think that they still have choices.
They do, just not about the apparent nominee. They can by and large hold Trump in check as the legislative body. I suspect that's why he's meeting with Ryan. Else, he could be a conservative version of Carter, who rode the anti-establishment wave right up onto the beach and stayed there.

Of course, Trump has to win another bid first and it's far from settled that he can manage it without a great many people compromising prior principles...which to be honest appears to be happening. :think:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I do. There is no good reason to think he would be anymore loyal to his country than he was to first two wives.

You mean loyal like keeping government classified material unprotected? Which is a felony...You mean that kind of loyalty? If the only judgement you have over the man is his personal marital failings maybe you should vote for the female misogynist and complicit accomplice to female sexual abuse Hillary. I guess your alright with the lawlessness and moral depravity she is walking in... And if you are not every other liberal in the country that is voting for her is. Hillary makes Trump look like a choir boy in comparison...your grievance with Trump is very single focused and not even remotely even handed when looking at Hillary Clinton with the same standard.

Timotheos

What do you think about Trump's taxes ?

"Trump’s abrupt dismissal of his own tax plan, which he regularly cited on the campaign trail, came a day after he signaled a possible willingness to raise the federal minimum wage, which would be a major reversal from his stance in the primaries."
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/donald-trump-flip-flops-taxes-wages-he-turns-focus-general-election

You need to know that Trump has only one thing that he is sure about. The fact that he wants to be the president.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
"Trump’s abrupt dismissal of his own tax plan, which he regularly cited on the campaign trail, came a day after he signaled a possible willingness to raise the federal minimum wage, which would be a major reversal from his stance in the primaries."
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/donald-trump-flip-flops-taxes-wages-he-turns-focus-general-election

You need to know that Trump has only one thing that he is sure about. The fact that he wants to be the president.

Trump is like every other progressive, and I belive if he is elected all his sicophant fans will find out in short order that he is a liberal at heart. Yes, I will vote for the man but, it is more a vote against the felon Hillary than an endorsement of Trump.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Trump is like every other progressive, and I belive if he is elected all his sicophant fans will find out in short order that he is a liberal at heart. Yes, I will vote for the man but, it is more a vote against the felon Hillary than an endorsement of Trump.
Exactly

TFTn5280

This'll get me a shot of Southern Comfort I'm sure (or maybe just shot), but I'm gonna call it like I see it. Ted Cruz would be the presumptive Republican nominee right now, with likely the 1237 needed delegates to win this thing, if he had won the one area of this country that he was considered a shoe-in to win: that being the Bible-believing South. Going into the South he supposedly had a firewall set in place, much like Hillary's hold on the same region. In the South, Hillary had the blacks she could count on come hell or high water to vote her way, and Cruz was supposed to have the same with Evangelicals, himself being a firebrand Pentecostal homeboy. What happened? Well the blacks came through for Hillary (Think where she'd be today if they hadn't) but the entire South voted for Trump. A minor two-day waffle while Trump got himself "educated" on the horrors of Duke and the KKK, before his eventual denouncement of same, was all he needed to secure every state south of the Mason-Dixon line and east of Texas. To a cowboy in the West, this is how it looks. The South ~ King James in one hand, Confederate flag waving with the other ~ said which am I most willing to lay down that I might stretch out my hand and pull the lever come Super Tuesday? The answer came through loud and strong. Throughout the Bible-belt the flag flew high and proud. State after state that was supposed to be Cruz's went to Trump. Give those states to the guy with the firewall going into them and this whole thing looks a lot differently. Trump is no more KKK than than Jesse Jackson, and the South is not going to rise again, but for a long weekend leading into Super Tuesday, Trump whistled Dixie and in droves those really dependable Evangelicals said in their hearts, I'll vote my conscience next time: This one's for Dixie.

Bottoms up?