Do you want prostitution legalized?

TrakeM

Stop moving the goalposts. You said that theocracies are always the most vile and abusive. The burden of proof is on you to name a theocracy more vile and abusive than Stalin's Soviet Union.
Sure, non theocratic government can be as bad as theocracy, but theocracy is ALWAYS vile.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Stop moving the goalposts. You said that theocracies are always the most vile and abusive. The burden of proof is on you to name a theocracy more vile and abusive than Stalin's Soviet Union.

Freedom of and from religion are not possible in a theocracy. I guess that is of no concern unless it is the religious theocracy runs opposite of your own views and values. :think:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
ISIS is going to give it a run for its money. And a third of Europe died in the 30 Years War over Protestant/Catholic exegesis...so that was bad. But I'd agree that religion is still in the piker stage compared to what Stalin and Mao managed, numbers wise.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Ah, so your god is fine with the abuse just so long as it's the married kind."
That's what I always say: find a woman, marry her and beat the hell out of her every day. :dizzy: 1 Pe 4:5

"You know, the muslims feel exactly the same way."
:yawn: Ga 5:9

"They also want a theocracy."
Aren't we giving them that? Ge 16:12, Jer 7:6, GWT :CRASH: You kicked God out of the country. Try the left over pagan moon god/god of war for a while.

"...Theocratic government is ALWAYS the most vile and abusive thing on the planet."
You get 72 virgins and you're still not happy? :sigh: We just want to make you happy.

"Show me a theocracy that isn't 10 times worse than even the most vile and abusive pimp on earth."
It'll be back in fashion soon (Rev. 20:1–10). :straight:

"In the end, dominionist christians like you..."
:yawn: Mt 10:25

"...are exactly like the people you hate most: al-Qaida and the Taliban."

At least they put their murders (Lev 24:17) and Sodomites (heterosexual [Lev. 20:10–12] homosexual [Lev. 20:13]) to death. :idunno:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
[World's biggest human rights group wants to legalize prostitution by Corinne Purtill GlobalPost London] "The world’s biggest human rights organization voted Tuesday to support the decriminalization of prostitution worldwide.

Amnesty International now joins the United Nations, Human Rights Watch, the World Health Organization and other global groups that argue the best way to protect the safety of people who sell sex is to legalize the industry..." Full text: World's biggest human rights group wants to legalize prostitution Lev 19:29, 21:9

Those who take the Bible literally would have to say Yes.

The text is filled with patriarchs and heroes that had a stable of wives, concubines and prostitutes.

For example, careful readers of the Bible will remember one example from Hosea when the prostitute Gomer became Hosea's significant other after God told him to pick a whore for a wife.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
What the hell has gotten into folks?

Let's just let everything be legal so no one will feel any shame at all for their immorality.
I mean, you know, we certainly don't want to offend anyone by saying their actions are shameful.
Give everybody a blue ribbon and tell them they are all winners just the way they are.
highfive.gif

That. Well said and that is the bottom line.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It only appears that way because you are trying to apply the same logic to two different situations.

No, its what 2 consenting adults choose to do themselves, your logic is faulty, you cannot both hold that its ok and their business to choose what they do in one situation but not another and then also declare that "what you see as immoral may not be to another person", that's a contradiction in terms and you know it.

'Consent' is a faulty argument altogether on something being ok or not.

Quetzal

No, its what 2 consenting adults choose to do themselves, your logic is faulty, you cannot both hold that its ok and their business to choose what they do in one situation but not another and then also declare that "what you see as immoral may not be to another person", that's a contradiction in terms and you know it.

'Consent' is a faulty argument altogether on something being ok or not.
Sure I can, it just might not be logically consistent and that's okay. Let me present it another way.

Quetzal likes Hockey.
Quetzal does not like Curling.
Both are sports, but they are played under different circumstances.

Quetzal supports consensual sexual acts for money.
Quetzal does not support consensual homicide.
Both are moral arguments, but they are executed with different circumstances.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Sure I can, it just might not be logically consistent and that's okay. Let me present it another way.

Quetzal likes Hockey.
Quetzal does not like Curling.
Both are sports, but they are played under different circumstances.

Quetzal supports consensual sexual acts for money.
Quetzal does not support consensual homicide.
Both are moral arguments, but they are executed with different circumstances.

Still faulty when you also add in who are you to say what is immoral. You have faulty logic.

Quetzal

Still faulty when you also add in who are you to say what is immoral. You have faulty logic.
I never claimed it was perfect and anyone is more than welcome to say that to me.

"Quetzal, who are YOU to say what is immoral?"
"Um... no one really. Just my opinion."
"Your opinion is dumb/faulty!"
"Okay."

Really, if that is the worst thing to happen, I think I will be alright.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I never claimed it was perfect and anyone is more than welcome to say that to me.

"Quetzal, who are YOU to say what is immoral?"
"Um... no one really. Just my opinion."
"Your opinion is dumb/faulty!"
"Okay."

Really, if that is the worst thing to happen, I think I will be alright.

Great, then you are clear that you hold an illogical contradictory opinion.