Do you want prostitution legalized?

Daniel1611

My point is your comparison between giving sex for free and selling sex is flawed.

May not be an equivalent comparison, but the point stands.

What the real issues are: is the illegality doing more harm than good? Yes. And should the government have this much power over adults? No.

Mocking You

May not be an equivalent comparison, but the point stands.

No it doesn't. The women voluntarily having sex multiple times a day is not the same as a woman being coerced to have sex for money several times a day. How dense are you?

What the real issues are: is the illegality doing more harm than good? Yes. And should the government have this much power over adults? No.

No, the OP question is "should prostitution be legalized?"

The real issue is: Do we want to legalize an activity that enslaves, denigrates, and brutalizes women?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It has to do with exploitation, violence, and domination of women, not the sex act.

Exploitation, violence and domination of women happens outside of prostitution ... the latter two, even in marriage and relationships.

The difference is that legally regulating something would give more protection to those who actually *need* the protection. Minors.

Daniel1611

No it doesn't. The women voluntarily having sex multiple times a day is not the same as a woman being coerced to have sex for money several times a day. How dense are you?

No, the OP question is "should prostitution be legalized?"

The real issue is: Do we want to legalize an activity that enslaves and brutalizes women?

If the woman is coerced into sex, arrest whoever is coercing her. Under the law, prostitutes are arrested. Doesn't matter to the state that they are abused, they go to jail.

What a country of statists that lets faggots adopt children but puts women in jail for being in a bad situation.

Mocking You

If the woman is coerced into sex, arrest whoever is coercing her.

How dense are you? The woman is scared for her life to name her pimp. That's called domination.

Under the law, prostitutes are arrested. Doesn't matter to the state that they are abused, they go to jail.

That's why I suggested arresting and publishing the names of the johns.

What a country of statists that lets faggots adopt children but puts women in jail for being in a bad situation.

Sheesh, again with the non-sequitur comparisons.

Daniel1611

How dense are you? The woman is scared for her life to name her pimp.

That's why I suggested arresting and publishing the names of the johns.

Sheesh, again with the non-sequitur comparisons.

They do arrest the Johns. They also arrest the prostitutes. It's garbage.

I suggest taking the money you would use to imprison a prostitute and use it to help her better her situation. Instead of being a fascist that locks up everyone for everything. I will never agree with this statist nonsense. It is unbiblical and I will not pay it lip service

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[World's biggest human rights group wants to legalize prostitution by Corinne Purtill GlobalPost London] "The world’s biggest human rights organization voted Tuesday to support the decriminalization of prostitution worldwide.

Amnesty International now joins the United Nations, Human Rights Watch, the World Health Organization and other global groups that argue the best way to protect the safety of people who sell sex is to legalize the industry..." Full text: World's biggest human rights group wants to legalize prostitution Lev 19:29, 21:9

Do you want prostitution legalized? - OP

yes and discounted -

Quetzal

It has to do with exploitation, violence, and domination of women, not the sex act.
It is legal in some parts of Nevada. The women make handsome wages, have some of the best health insurance in the country, and are taxed properly. The poor women, indeed.

PureX

It is legal in some parts of Nevada. The women make handsome wages, have some of the best health insurance in the country, and are taxed properly. The poor women, indeed.
I don't think that's relevant to the issue. Do you think it would it be acceptable to beat women as long as we paid them well for it? How about if we throw in some torture and humiliation … as long as we paid them really well, afterwards?

Now you get the point.

The reason prostitution should remain illegal is because human beings should not have the right to abuse other human beings, even if they agree to it, and even if they get paid well for it. Healthy free human beings wouldn't want to abuse others, and wouldn't allow themselves to be abused. I believe we would do serious damage to ourselves as a society by allowing our worship of money to excuse our unhealthy desire to abuse and be abused, by others.

Quetzal

I don't think that's relevant to the issue. Do you think it would it be acceptable to beat women as long as we paid them well for it? How about if we throw in some torture and humiliation … as long as we paid them really well, afterwards?

Now you get the point.

The reason prostitution should remain illegal is because human beings should not have the right to abuse other human beings, even if they agree to it, and they get paid for it. Healthy free human beings wouldn't want to abuse others, and wouldn't allow themselves to be abused. I believe we do serious damage to ourselves as a society by allowing our worship of money excuse our sick desire to abuse and be abused by others.
It isn't about abuse, it is about offering sexual pleasure as a service. It is regulated and the women are protected.

Quetzal

For clarification sake (because I can hear you all losing your minds that someone might suggest something to the contrary of the norm here), I believe it should be legal under the following conditions:

• Like any type of employment, a person is free to leave their place of employment at any time for any reason and they work under their own free will.
  • They are offered all benefits of a typical job. This includes hours worked, health benefits, etc.
  • The desires and limits of the people working the establishment are respected and protected at all times.
  • A condition of employees being safe sexual practices. This includes regular screenings, protection, etc.
  • All regulations and taxes are abided by according to their respective state.

I might be missing some, but that is what comes off the top of my head.

PureX

It isn't about abuse, it is about offering sexual pleasure as a service. It is regulated and the women are protected.
No, it's not. Not really. It's about people sacrificing their body, and their dignity, for money.

PureX

Dignity varies by individual and it is not a concrete trait.
It's also not something that should be sacrificed for money.

I'm sure there are a few rare humans that could use their bodies to pleasure others, in the way that you envision, and not be harmed by it. But they are the exception, not the rule. The vast majority of prostitutes in the united States have been sexually abused as children and young women, and are emotionally damaged, and usually addicted to drugs and alcohol as a result. They sell their bodies as a way of "taking back control", sexually (or so they imagine, they aren't really taking back control at all, as they are still being abused by men on a daily basis) and they do it to feed their drug habits and to pay their "keepers". And they would NOT do it if they had any better alternatives, or thought better of themselves.

Quetzal

It's also not something that should be sacrificed for money.

I'm sure there are a few rare humans that could use their bodies to pleasure others, in the way that you envision, and not be harmed by it. But they are the exception, not the rule. The vast majority of prostitutes in the united States have been sexually abused as children and young women, and are emotionally damaged, and usually addicted to drugs and alcohol as a result. They sell their bodies as a way of "taking back control", sexually (or so they imagine, they aren't really taking back control at all, as they are still being abused by men on a daily basis) and they do it to feed their drug habits and to pay their "keepers". And they would NOT do it if they had any better alternatives, or thought better of themselves.
Should we apply this to adult actresses, strippers, sex shop workers, Victoria Secret models? You are making a lot of broad assumptions and you might be right. But, I stand by my answer and explanations in regards to the OP.

PureX

Should we apply this to adult actresses, strippers, sex shop workers, Victoria Secret models? You are making a lot of broad assumptions and you might be right. But, I stand by my answer and explanations in regards to the OP.
When this country was first established, the founders stated that it was being established on the principal that all men are created equal, and have an equal right to life, liberty, and opportunity. And yet those same men owned slaves, and believed that men of color and women were not the equal of themselves.

My point is that as a nation we are a work in progress. The founders got the ideals right, but they were unable to live up to them. And so were the rest of is. But slowly, and steadily, over the years, we have been progressing toward those ideals. We have come to see women as the equal of men. And then people of color, and just recently, homosexuals. But we still have a long way to go in actually practicing those ideals that we founded this nation to embody.

I believe that allowing the sexual use/abuse of human beings for money would be a big step in the wrong direction. It would lead us away from the ideal of respecting all our fellow humans as we would respect ourselves, and move us toward the ideal that money is more important than respect, or dignity, or equality. It would allow that the exploitation of others is acceptable so long as the money's good enough. And that's not the way we want to go.

Quetzal

When this country was first established, the founders stated that it was being established on the principal that all men are created equal, and have an equal right to life, liberty, and opportunity. And yet those same men owned slaves, and believed that men of color and women were not the equal of themselves.

My point is that as a nation we are a work in progress. The founders got the ideals right, but they were unable to live up to them. And so were the rest of is. But slowly, and steadily, over the years, we have been progressing toward those ideals. We have come to see women as the equal of men. And then people of color, and just recently, homosexuals. But we still have a long way to go in actually practicing those ideals that we founded this nation to embody.

I believe that allowing the sexual use/abuse of human beings for money would be a big step in the wrong direction. It would lead us away from the ideal of respecting all our fellow humans as we would respect ourselves, and move us toward the ideal that money is more important than respect, or dignity, or equality. It would allow that the exploitation of others is acceptable so long as the money's good enough. And that's not the way we want to go.
It is not abuse. It is a choice between two consenting adults.