ECT Do you see All, Some, None of the Spiritual Gifts in Operation Today?

musterion

I asked a question the other day - a good one, as mine tend to be - but got no answer that I can recall.

If one of you pentecostals hear a stranger speaking in tongues identical to and as fluent as any you've ever heard, do you automatically assume that person is saved?

If so, why?

If no, why not?

DAN P

I asked a question the other day - a good one, as mine tend to be - but got no answer that I can recall.

If one of you pentecostals hear a stranger speaking in tongues identical to and as fluent as any you've ever heard, do you automatically assume that person is saved?

If so, why?

If no, why not?

Hi , and do NOT hold your breath as all there answers are MOOT !!

DAN P

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You mean your Saint Judas preached 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, you slanderous punk-ette, and child of the devil.

LAZY: Paul, Peter... did not name call.

You vile deceiver-ette, making things up, per your father, the devil's marching orders.

No,

you mean the Lord does not send people to preach the gospel, cast out demons and heal the sick,

but He does send them to call people bad names and lie about them you say.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

If so, why?

If no, why not?

No,

for the same reason you are not a Christian just because you study scripture.

If there is not the love of God in you, then you are not a Christian.

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.
Joh 5:42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
Joh 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
Joh 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

LA

DAN P

No,

you mean the Lord does not send people to preach the gospel, cast out demons and heal the sick,

but He does send them to call people bad names and lie about them you say.

LA

Hi and the BIGGEST BLUNDER that the Acts 2 , and Pentecostal and Reformed people believe REFUSE to believe today , is that Israel has been set aside , that most BLIND of Israel wpuld not see , and that means you !!

I believe in Mark 16:15-18 but it is not for the Dispensation of the Grace of God as you also refuse to preach the MYSTERY of Eph 3:9 and you will be Judged by [aul's Gospel of Rom 2:16 , and Col 1:25 , and that is why you have no answers :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

dan p

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and the BIGGEST BLUNDER that the Acts 2 , and Pentecostal and Reformed people believe REFUSE to believe today , is that Israel has been set aside , that most BLIND of Israel wpuld not see , and that means you !!

I believe in Mark 16:15-18 but it is not for the Dispensation of the Grace of God as you also refuse to preach the MYSTERY of Eph 3:9 and you will be Judged by [aul's Gospel of Rom 2:16 , and Col 1:25 , and that is why you have no answers :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

dan p

Israel has not been set aside because the early church numbers consisted of all Israelies who believed,

as also has the church ever since Pentecost--

Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Men and brethren, what shall we do?"
Act 2:38 Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Act 2:39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call."

Act 2:46 So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart,
Act 2:47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.

Act 5:14 And believers were increasingly added to the Lord, multitudes of both men and women,
Act 5:15 so that they brought the sick out into the streets and laid them on beds and couches, that at least the shadow of Peter passing by might fall on some of them.
Act 5:16 Also a multitude gathered from the surrounding cities to Jerusalem, bringing sick people and those who were tormented by unclean spirits, and they were all healed.

Joh 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up,
Joh 3:15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Look up "whoever" in the NT.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

dan p

Good post!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No,

for the same reason you are not a Christian just because you study scripture.

If there is not the love of God in you, then you are not a Christian.

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.
Joh 5:42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
Joh 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
Joh 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

LA

John was referring to/speaking to those who were under the
"Kingdom Message! (The lost sheep of Israel!) You really need
to learn how to "rightly divide" the word!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hi and in Mark 16:18 , and the reason that NO ONE IS RAISING the Dead or picking up Serpents and Healing the Sick , is because they are LYING !!

The 4 verb in verse 18 are all in the Future Tense and they are fortunate , they can raise them selves out of BED every day , HEH , HEH !!

If anyone says they pick up deadly Serpents and can Heal and they " SHALL RECOVER " they Lied .

How many have you HEALED ??:rotfl::rotfl:

Now do not be Modest , tell us !!

DAN P

True!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
See, this is why you are so disappointing. You're clearly an intelligent man but your posts like this one are literally stupid to the point of petulant childishness.

Do I think the unbelieving world cares about signs and wonders from God? Do you REALLY need to ask that question? Paul said that tongues were meant SPECIFICALLY as a sign for unbelievers (1 Cor 14:22); by extension, that was also the primary purpose of the rest of the spectacular signs and wonders: to draw attention to the Gospel and prove its validity.

You are not merely ignorant; you are dangerously ignorant. I hope the extent of your "teaching" goes no farther than TOL.

Good post

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Do you mean in healing the sick?

Jas 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
Jas 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
Jas 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

LA

James was speaking to the scattered sheep of Israel! Not the
Body of Christ!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

If so, why?

If no, why not?

no. 1 Corinthians 14:27 - see also 14:9-26

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You lack of believing is not a reason for me to reject God's word.

People get raised from the dead, I personally know one who was.

Time to start believing God's promises.

Then your life will have some power and positive results and be filling up with God's blessings

John 8:32

Show proof! If you can then, alert the media immediately! Is it
documented? Was it video taped? Was the man/woman already
embalmed?

When I was a small child, I got a HIGH fever and went into a
"Cataleptic type of coma!" I had NO pulse (or barely any) and
a neighbor; who was a Nurse, checked me over and thought
I was dead! Pale, no pulse, stiff! My family were not Christians
at that time and there was NO faith healer or anything like
that around me! I basically, came back to life! I wasn't
raised from the dead, but merely in a Cataleptic state!

Perhaps, your friend had the same ailment? Personally, I
don't believe anybody is raised from the dead today, nor
do I accept the idea of tongues for today, nor the blind
receiving their sight, or the lame suddenly walking!

Can God heal today? Sure He can! Does prayer work? Yes!
I just don't believe in the "Benny Hinn types" going around
and claiming to heal, etc!

ALL of that stuff isn't for today! We now have the Holy Scriptures
and "The Holy Spirit" in the world! God speaks to us today, through
His Holy Bible!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Referring to the "Lost sheep of the House of Israel, not the "Body
of Christ!"

Jesus was sent to the lost sheep of the House of Israel and then they were not lost anymore.

Joh 10:15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.
Joh 10:16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus was sent to the lost sheep of the House of Israel and then they were not lost anymore.

Joh 10:15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.
Joh 10:16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

LA

However, the "Body of Christ" didn't come around until Christ
met Saul (Paul) on the road to Damascus and subsequently
sent him to the gentiles with the "Grace Message."

So in John, Christ was still speaking to the Lost Sheep of Israel!