Do You Believe the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

It is not uncommon for some to believe that Jesus saves us by doing something inside of us (the transformed life) which is Roman Catholicism. If this were true then the incarnation was worthless. God could have sent the Holy Spirit into the world to transform people into holy Christians without the doing and the dying of Jesus.

Amen.

Though the Spirit bears the fruits of the Spirit, we remain beggers dressed in the glorious cloths of Our King.

People try to turn the Stones (Law based obedience) into the Bread (Jesus's Obedience gifted to us)

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Robert Pate

Banned
Amen.

Though the Spirit bears the fruits of the Spirit, we remain beggers dressed in the glorious cloths of Our King.

People try to turn the Stones (Law based obedience) into the Bread (Jesus's Obedience gifted to us)

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Right,

We are always in need of God's mercy and grace. We never reach a point where we can say that we have finally arrived.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
And yet you claim people are perfect and complete in Christ. Why?

Jamie,

You know the answer to this one. By being in Jesus through His provision of perfect Love, we are instantly counted Perfect.

As in, we are dead, and it is He before the Father.

This is the attitude of repentance. It requires the admission that we can't do it. It requires us to acknowledge that only God is good. At no point can we supply the needs of our salvation.

By being still and Letting the Lord fight for us.

If we believe that we are righteous at any point, we've grown proud and have turned away from God. Pride to a fall.

There is a difference between Jesus's granted gift of His Perfection and a person thinking they are perfect in their flesh.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
You don't understand baptism do you?

1 Peter 3:21

21 Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the pledge of a good conscience toward God) through the resurrection of Jesus Christ

How complicated is that?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
You don't understand baptism do you?

Jamie,

Be still.

8b09beeb301902f9b4dd818aeb04a52a.jpg

The Lord fights for you.

Who does the Father see when you are in Jesus and petitioning before Him?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
1 Peter 3:21

21 Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the pledge of a good conscience toward God) through the resurrection of Jesus Christ

"Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you through the resurrection of Jesus Christ."

Through baptism we die with Christ and we are then raised with Christ to walk in newness of life. (Romans 6:4)

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
How did Jesus do it?

Jamie,

Jesus Was God!

He was Perfect, but felt the weakness of Eternity contained within mortality. He conquered Death for us.

Death=Devil=Accuser of the disobedient=Adversary of Life/God=Fallen Anointed Guardian Cherub=Serpent=Dragon = Leviathan=Consumer of Dust= Angel of Death = Empowered by the Physical Stone Covenant = false accuser of Jesus = Father of the Pharasees = Carnal Judgment......... Etc....

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
"Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you through the resurrection of Jesus Christ."

Through baptism we die with Christ and we are then raised with Christ to walk in newness of life. (Romans 6:4)

Jesus is that newness of life, and the very Spirit He commended back to the Father now dwells with in us, and counts us Justified by His Love, and sees us as His Perfection.

How did you miss the, not the washing of the filthy flesh part?

Jamie, who is the god of the system of "this" crumbling age?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
It's parenthetical. Focus on the meat.

It's in scripture and it was put there for a reason.

Jamie,

Please note, that that statement is not only meat, but Gospel Revelation.

To minimize it is to minimize the power of the Good News.