ECT Do those who believe MAD have no problem disregarding what Jesus actually taught ?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Posters like TeT, AndyCnotruth, and Crucible, I really don't take seriously. Therefore, I just love to "Toy" with them. They are basically, "Incorrigible Curmudgeons." They just happen to be lost, as well. And, they don't want to be found.

I can surely speak for everyone along with myself when I say we don't take you seriously either- all you do is talk smack and ignore legitimate rebuttals to your arguments :rolleyes:

Danoh

Yes, Abraham was the father of every saved Gentile iduring Acts, but he wasn't the father of any of the saved Gentiles in the book of Ephesians.

Nope; both you and those few of my fellow Madists who also hold to that are in error.

Romans 4 makes it clear there were two aspects as to Abraham.

One before he received the sign of circumcision, and one after.

With Israel's fall to the level of the Gentile's spiritual uncircumcision status per both the end of Acts 7 and much of Romans 1 thru 3, things were now spiritually as they had been back when in Genesis 11 and 12 (see the latter half of Acts 17, as well).

The operating principle - uncircumcision.

Just as ALL had been in Gen. 11 and 12.

Just as now, and until the fulness of Romans 11:25 be come in - all are in uncircumcision.

Thing is, you and those of my fellow Mads who end up at your same off base distinction do, because the mention of Abraham throws you both off.

Said few fellow Mads dropping right then and there how Mad studies such seeming perplexities out, in favor of how the Acts 28 Position does - it reads what is not there, into it.

You both forget that Paul has to point out a connection between both aspects of God's Two-Fold Purpose: Prophecy and Mystery.

Just as Jesus Christ is...the cornerstone of both, thus, Eph. 1:10 and Eph. 3:15

Danoh

Abraham WAS a Gentile, however, at least one poster on TOL pointed out a Scripture verse that stated he was a Hebrew. Well, it seems the word "HEBREW" actually can also mean: One who crosses over the River Euphrates or Jordan and a sojourner in a foreign land. Just in case somebody argues with you about Abraham.

The distinction between one nation over all the others was yet future.

Hebrews were then just another Gentile nation.

DAN P

Yes, Abraham was the father of every saved Gentile iduring Acts, but he wasn't the father of any of the saved Gentiles in the book of Ephesians.

Hi and here is what Gal 3:8 reads : And the scripture having forseen that God declares righteous the GENTILES from out of FAITH , ANNOUNCED Himself the Gospel before hand to Abram ( saying ) that In you all the GENTILES Will be Saved !!

Question for you WHERE did the Gentiles come FROM ??

This gospel was preached to Abram and not to Abraham as refernced in Gal and in many other verses !!The verb BE BLESSED is in the FUTURE TENSE as I believe it is the first letter that Paul wrote and all Gentiles that were saved by Grace and from then ON !!

dan p

Danoh

Hi and here is what Gal 3:8 reads : And the scripture having forseen that God declares righteous the GENTILES from out of FAITH , ANNOUNCED Himself the Gospel before hand to Abram ( saying ) that In you all the GENTILES Will be Saved !!

Question for you WHERE did the Gentiles come FROM ??

This gospel was preached to Abram and not to Abraham as refernced in Gal and in many other verses !!The verb BE BLESSED is in the FUTURE TENSE as I believe it is the first letter that Paul wrote and all Gentiles that were saved by Grace and from then ON !!

dan p

The 28ers and some Mads (the Almost 28ers, lol) both hold that same mis-understanding about this.

Galatians 3 and Romans 11, etc., throws them both off.

DAN P

The 28ers and some Mads (the Almost 28ers, lol) both hold that same mis-understanding about this.

Galatians 3 and Romans 11, etc., throws them both off.

Hi and at one time we did hsvr Acts 2 , 9 13 and 28er in our ASSEMBLY , but now it is Acts 9 and 13 and both are DUMD as Rocks !!

One Acts 13 er believes that Paul was saved by the Kingdom preaching BUT when Jesus saved Paul what did He say to Paul and most Acts 9 , 11 , 13 and 28er do not know how Paul was , as you well know , don't you ??\\

dan p

DAN P

The distinction between one nation over all the others was yet future.

Hebrews were then just another Gentile nation.

Hi and lets have FUN , and just where is that verse found ??

Do you want to change your answer ??

You are not serious , are you ??

dan p

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The problem is, you don't have any legitimate rebuttals. Also, I'm fairly certain YOU don't speak for every poster on TOL?

I've made plenty of legitimate rebuttals, and this is how it follows: You talk smack and then go and deny them- which is what you are doing now :wave:

I'm almost certain the entire population of posters on TOL do not follow his "Catholic belief system."[/I]

You seeing Reformed belief as 'catholic-like' simply reveals how far into the depths of heresy you are in. Proper Christianity is virtually alien to you :rolleyes:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
1 Peter was ALSO written to the TWELVE TRIBES scattered aboard. No big surprise there.

That's impossible.

Peter said the following to his audience:

(1 Peter 2:10) Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

Go back and read Hosea, the Jews were NEVER told they were not a people. The Jews were NEVER told they would not receive mercy. Only the 10 tribes of the House of Israel were told such things.

So, there is no way 1 Peter was written to the Jews.

Care to try again?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Members of the Body of Christ...

You do know that STP, heir, and other MADists disagree with you?

(Rom 2:17) Now you, if you call yourself a Jew; if you rely on the law and boast in God;

Why would Paul say the above to Gentiles?

Right Divider

Body part
That's impossible.
Says the ignoramus that just keeps changing the subject hoping that nobody notices.

(1 Peter 2:10) Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

Go back and read Hosea, the Jews were NEVER told they were not a people. The Jews were NEVER told they would not receive mercy. Only the 10 tribes of the House of Israel were told such things.
You're so indoctrinated into your fairy tale that you force (or try to force) your meaning on the scripture. FAIL!!!

1 Peter was written to the SAME audience as James, dumbo.

Peter quotes this is reaffirm that THEY are STILL the same ones that God chose for His purpose.

1Pet 2:9-10 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:9) But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: (2:10) Which in time past [were] not a people, but [are] now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Hos 1:10-11 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:10) ¶ Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, [that] in the place where it was said unto them, Ye [are] not my people, [there] it shall be said unto them, [Ye are] the sons of the living God. (1:11) Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land: for great [shall be] the day of Jezreel.

Care to try again?
You're still just a dumb as ever.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I've made plenty of legitimate rebuttals, and this is how it follows: You talk smack and then go and deny them- which is what you are doing now :wave:

You seeing Reformed belief as 'catholic-like' simply reveals how far into the depths of heresy you are in. Proper Christianity is virtually alien to you :rolleyes:

:chuckle: I've read other posts of yours and came to the conclusion: You're more Catholic than the Pope! LOL

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Says the ignoramus that just keeps changing the subject hoping that nobody notices.

You're so indoctrinated into your fairy tale that you force (or try to force) your meaning on the scripture. FAIL!!!

Peter quotes this is reaffirm that THEY are STILL the same ones that God chose for His purpose.

(2:9) But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: (2:10) Which in time past [were] not a people, but [are] now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

(1:10) ¶ Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, [that] in the place where it was said unto them, Ye [are] not my people, [there] it shall be said unto them, [Ye are] the sons of the living God. (1:11) Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land: for great [shall be] the day of Jezreel.

He sure is.

Danoh

You do know that STP, heir, and other MADists disagree with you?

(Rom 2:17) Now you, if you call yourself a Jew; if you rely on the law and boast in God;

Why would Paul say the above to Gentiles?

Their few wrongly conclude Paul is speaking of Gentiles there.

I (and most Mads) conclude he is speaking of Jews.

What's it to ya?

Danoh

That's impossible.

Care to try again?

You dummy, lol

Go back a chapter...

1 Peter 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Why should anyone believe you know who epistles are written to, when you are clueless as to who 1 Peter was written to?

This isn't complicated.

In the book of Hosea, the House of Israel is told they are not a people, that God would have no mercy on them, and that they would be scattered.

In the same book of Hosea, we are told the House of Judah would receive mercy.

(Hosea 1:6-7) ....for I will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel; but I will utterly take them away.

7 But I will have mercy upon the house of Judah...

Wrong again Wrong Divider.

(1 Peter 2:10)Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

Go back and read Hosea 1:6-7. It's crystal clear that one house received mercy, and one house did not receive mercy.

So, there is no way Peter is addressing both houses, when it was only one of the houses who didn't receive mercy.

Again, it's impossible that Peter was writing to Jews.

Again, it's impossible that Peter was addressing Jews in the above passages. Peter was addressing only Israelites from the 10 tribes.

I'm not the one embarrassing myself.

Go read Hosea 1, and then read 1 Peter, and try doing it without your Darby sunglasses on.