ECT Do those who believe MAD have no problem disregarding what Jesus actually taught ?

Right Divider

Body part
and God still offers them a way!
Indeed:
Rom 11:5-6 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:5) Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. (11:6) And if by grace, then [is it] no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if [it be] of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Isn't it interesting the way Paul words it here? "...no more of works..."

dodge

Right Divider;4819269]So you still follow the law of Moses?

Nope:

Jhn 1:17
For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Typical LIES that Bible smashers use.... did you know that it's a sin to lie?

Bible Smashers= those that IGNORE Jesus , the OT, and all the other prophets and exclusively follow PAUL CALLED Madist ! Do you know it is a sin a sin to lie ?

Well, If you weren't so self-centered and arrogant, I might get notified of your replies. Probably better that you keep messing it up.

I can do that. Have a good day.

Ac28

To me, a liar is one who lies knowingly. I think the reason Dodge doesn't tell the truth is simply because he doesn't know the truth. He's somehow been locked into the fallacy that only those red letters represent the only truth, like many of his ilk seem to do.

When I was first saved, 30+ years ago, I was warned not to buy a red-letter Bible and, Praise God, I never did until about a week ago. I needed a reading AV and this Zondervan one was decent and cheap. I figured that, after 30 years, I was mature enough to know that those red letters are no more inspired than any other part of the Bible, including Paul's writings.

It says in my Bible that Jesus Christ was a minister to the circumcision (Romans 16:8) and that He was manifest to Israel (John 1:31). It also says that Paul was THE Apostle to the Gentiles in several passages. Therefore, it would be nonsensical for me, as a Gentile, to follow the DOCTRINE of Jesus Christ as opposed to that of Paul, in those areas where the 2 doctrines differed.

Here's something else I've often thought about. Since Paul continually received brand new revelations from Christ and/or the Holy Spirit, I can't help but believe that his latter books would be more timely and up-to-date than his earlier books. Only Paul received these revelations. Some of the revelations surely gave additional information to things already revealed but others revealed things that replaced prior information - this is obviously evidenced by the myriad of doctrinal differences between Paul's 1st 7 books and his last 7 books. Due to all this, I feel that any lover of truth should start with Paul's last 7 books and see what they say, without any influence of his 1st 7 books. Only after the last 7 books are mastered, should the student attempt to understand the 1st 7 books.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
To me, a liar is one who lies knowingly. I think the reason Dodge doesn't tell the truth is simply because he doesn't know the truth. He's somehow been locked into the fallacy that only those red letters represent the only truth, like many of his ilk seem to do.

When I was first saved, 30+ years ago, I was warned not to buy a red-letter Bible and, Praise God, I never did until about a week ago. I needed a reading AV and this Zondervan one was decent and cheap. I figured that, after 30 years, I was mature enough to know that those red letters are no more inspired than any other part of the Bible, including Paul's writings.

It says in my Bible that Jesus Christ was a minister to the circumcision (Romans 16:8) and that He was manifest to Israel (John 1:31). It also says that Paul was THE Apostle to the Gentiles in several passages. Therefore, it would be nonsensical for me, as a Gentile, to follow the DOCTRINE of Jesus Christ as opposed to that of Paul.

Here's something else I've often thought about. Since Paul continually received brand new revelations from Christ and/or the Holy Spirit, I can't help but think that his latter books would be more timely and up-to-date than his earlier books. Only Paul received these revelations. Some of the revelations surely gave additional information to things already revealed but others revealed things that replaced prior information - this is obviously evidenced by the myriad of doctrinal differences between Paul's 1st 7 books and his last 7 books. Due to all this, I feel that any lover of truth should start with Paul's last 7 books and see what they say, without any influence of his 1st 7 books. Only after the last 7 books are mastered, should the student attempt to understand the 1st 7 books.
Good advice, but I don't think there are 14 epistles

dodge

We don't ignore (and are not ignorant) of "most of the Bible, the teachings of ALL the other prophets, and Jesus".

We know exactly what it says, and to whom, and for what purpose.

Can you find 2 gospels in the following message from Jesus ? I do not see it.

Mat 11:28
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Mat 11:29
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Mat 11:30
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

SaulToPaul 2

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

No, the LORD Jesus preached the gospel of the kingdom only.

Danoh

Not a chance. Jesus fulfilled the LAW. Remember the law came by Moses but GRACE AND TRUTH came by Jesus.

I guess it is pretty convenient to IGNORE the teachings of Jesus to follow Paul who himself followed Jesus.

Ignore the balance of John chapter 1 as to what he meant by verse 17's "For the Law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ."

The verse begins with the word "For" for a reason also.

And it says "was given by Moses" not "came by Moses" for a reason.

And why the phrase "but...truth" - was Moses lying?

That word is there for a reason - duh -uh.

It is obvious you are asserting what YOU think John had meant.

As when a person says one thing and the other person concludes what they later end up having to apologize for with "I'm sorry I THOUGHT YOU'D MEANT such and so..."

And YOU, dodge the truth, as with many, are headed for a whole lot of apologizing to have to do one day :chuckle:

Right Divider

Body part

Jesus said that He was ONLY sent to Israel. So guess WHO the "all" that He was speaking to is.

dodge

Ac28;4819392]To me, a liar is one who lies knowingly. I think the reason Dodge doesn't tell the truth is simply because he doesn't know the truth. He's somehow been locked into the fallacy that only those red letters represent the only truth, like many of his ilk seem to do.

John 14:6 is the truth that Madist seem to ignore by ADDING to what Jesus taught. You can never be saved but by trusting and placing your faith in anyone but Jesus .

Paul said follow me as I follow Jesus. Sounds like someone gave you bad advice to me and moved you away from the central theme of the whole bible which is JESUS.

It says in my Bible that Jesus Christ was a minister to the circumcision (Romans 16:8) and that He was manifest to Israel (John 1:31). It also says that Paul was THE Apostle to the Gentiles in several passages. Therefore, it would be nonsensical for me, as a Gentile, to follow the DOCTRINE of Jesus Christ as opposed to that of Paul, in those areas where the 2 doctrines differed.

Can you find 2 gospels in what Jesus taught above ? Nope , it is NOT there.

Here's something else I've often thought about. Since Paul continually received brand new revelations from Christ and/or the Holy Spirit, I can't help but believe that his latter books would be more timely and up-to-date than his earlier books. Only Paul received these revelations. Some of the revelations surely gave additional information to things already revealed but others revealed things that replaced prior information - this is obviously evidenced by the myriad of doctrinal differences between Paul's 1st 7 books and his last 7 books. Due to all this, I feel that any lover of truth should start with Paul's last 7 books and see what they say, without any influence of his 1st 7 books. Only after the last 7 books are mastered, should the student attempt to understand the 1st 7 books.

Cannot go there with you ! I will not ignore the OT, the prophets,the other Apostles, Jesus , and the Apostle Paul Himself who said to follow him AS HE FOLLOWED JESUS.

Ac28

Good advice, but I don't think there are 14 epistles
Some think Paul wrote Hebrews and some don't. There is no smoking-gun proof either way but that is the case for many Bible questions. That's the main reason there are 30+ thousand denominations (or so I've read). On many questions, I try to find information both pro and con, determine the "relative weight or strength" of each bit of info, and then put the pros on one side of the scale and the cons on the other side. Which ever is heavier wins out. In this case, I believe the proof that Paul wrote Hebrews is far heavier than that saying he didn't write Hebrews. In the long haul though, only God knows who wrote Hebrews.

dodge

Jesus said that He was ONLY sent to Israel. So guess WHO the "all" that He was speaking to is.

Do you believe Jesus LIED when He taught the following ?

I do not see in those verses where Jesus said ALL Jews come unto me ! Hint, it is NOT there.

dodge

Dodge,

Did the LORD Jesus preach and teach again after he ascended in Acts 1?

Your point ?

So we are to IGNORE everything the giver of life taught and only give credence to after the resurrection ?

Madist miss out on some very eternal teachings of Jesus by placing ALL their trust in Paul, sadly.

SaulToPaul 2

Your point ?

So we are to IGNORE everything the giver of life taught and only give credence to after the resurrection ?

Madist miss out on some very eternal teachings of Jesus by placing ALL their trust in Paul, sadly.

I want to calmly discuss this with you, without attacks.
You're too emotional to do that.

:e4e:

Right Divider

Body part
Some think Paul wrote Hebrews and some don't. There is no smoking-gun proof either way but that is the case for many Bible questions. That's the main reason there are 30+ thousand denominations (or so I've read). On many questions, I try to find information both pro and con, determine the "relative weight or strength" of each, and then put the pros on one side of the scale and the cons on the other side. Which ever is heavier wins out. In this case, I believe the proof that Paul wrote Hebrews is far heavier than that saying he didn't write Hebrews.
I could not possibly disagree with you more.

Please see this: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?3512-Paul-did-not-write-Hebrews-we-do-not-know-who-did

The real evidence is HIGHLY in favor of someone else, probably one of the circumcision apostles or their close associates. This is also why this book is grouped with the books written by James, Peter,
John and Jude and NOT among the Pauline epistles.

dodge

Considering who he said he was sent to, it's not a stretch to say he was speaking to Jews.

STP, you are way to smart for that. That sounds like a Bill Clinton argument of it depends on what is is !

So now all does not mean all. That would make Jesus an inept liar if ALL does not mean ALL, and no one that follows Jesus will philosophize Jesus clean out of the picture.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Do you believe Jesus LIED when He taught the following ?

I do not see in those verses where Jesus said ALL Jews come unto me ! Hint, it is NOT there.
NO, I simply under the CONTEXT. Whereas, you're a rabid religious zealot that refuses to understand anything.