Dispensationalism (D'ism?) Any one willing to post a definition? Please do so.

oatmeal

The Sabbath was made for man.

Have you never read that?

Yes, Jesus Christ taught that.

He also said he was here to fulfill the law, and he did.

Thus we are no longer under the law for righteousness as God told the apostle Paul to write down for us.

Galatians 2:21 is truth, don't you agree?

If you want to have a sabbath in your life that is your business, not mine

If I don't want a sabbath in my life, that is my business, not yours.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
He also said he was here to fulfill the law, and he did.

Yes, he did. Prior to Jesus the Jews thought the letter of the law was more important than the spirit of the law.

That does not mean he rescinded the Father's law.

That would have gotten him acclaimed a heretic, a false teacher, no credibility. That was God's law, no man could rescind it.

"Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled." (Matthew 5:17-18)

To fill out the law spiritually does not mean to abrogate the law.

Why do you think Jesus demolished the temple that still existed during Paul's life?

Why do you think heaven and earth passed away?

What planet are you on?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
If you want to have a sabbath in your life that is your business, not mine

If I don't want a sabbath in my life, that is my business, not yours.

Good point. We should never try to help a neighbor, right?

If an ox is in the ditch, shoot it, right?

oatmeal

Yes, he did. Prior to Jesus the Jews thought the letter of the law was more important than the spirit of the law.

That does not mean he rescinded the Father's law.

That would have gotten him acclaimed a heretic, a false teacher, no credibility. That was God's law, no man could rescind it.

"Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled." (Matthew 5:17-18)

To fill out the law spiritually does not mean to abrogate the law.

Why do you think Jesus demolished the temple that still existed during Paul's life?

Why do you think heaven and earth passed away?

What planet are you on?

Where does it say that Jesus demolished the temple?

Heaven and earth has not passed away

I am seated in the heavenlies with my lord and savior who is seated on the right hand of the throne of God.

Ephesians 2:4-6

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Hebrews 12:2

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Your righteousness did not come by the law but by Jesus Christ.

Galatians 2:21

21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Your righteousness did not come by the law but by Jesus Christ.

By what standard was Jesus righteous?

Was Jesus relieved of obeying the law thereby setting an example for us?

If there is no law there is no sin and no reason for Jesus to die.

If men did away with their law there would be no need for prisons.

As for God's law, doing away with the law of gravity would save lives.

oatmeal

And who is the neighbor in Jesus' exhortation?

"You shall love your neighbor as yourself." (Matthew 22:39)

Who did Jesus teach was your neighbor?

Remember the story called the good Samaritan?

Who was the neighbor in that story?

My righteousness does not come from doing the law, it comes from Christ.

Galatians 2:21

Where does any believer's righteousness come from?

I have nothing against doing kind, useful things, if you want to talk about doing worthwhile acts of kindness fine, but I am talking about the righteousness which God in Christ imparted to all believers.

The believers righteousness does not come by doing the law. but from Christ

That was not the case under the law of Moses.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
That was not the case under the law of Moses.

"For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them, but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it." (Hebrews 4:2)

The fault with the first covenant was the people, not the law.

Just like today most people will be in the second resurrection.

oatmeal

"For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them, but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it." (Hebrews 4:2)

The fault with the first covenant was the people, not the law.

Just like today most people will be in the second resurrection.

No one was able to do the law, expecting perfection out of imperfect people is not realistic, but that was not the purpose of the law.

oatmeal

Our neighbor is any human being who needs help.

I'm here to help those who need help understanding scripture.

Luke 10 is where Jesus Christ answers the man's question about "who is my neighbor?"

But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?

30 And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.

31 And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.

32 And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.

33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,

34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.

35 And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.

36 Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?

37 And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No one was able to do the law, expecting perfection out of imperfect people is not realistic, but that was not the purpose of the law.

The purpose of God's law was define an orderly society.

Obedience required the presence of God.

Jesus was born as a human with God's Spirit, we aren't.

Why are we not born with God's Spirit?