ECT Dispensationalism Defined

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When the new heaven and the new Earth come about, will they be the same thing?

No. The first, is the heavens, i.e., cosmos. The second is the earth. Both being transformed, hence "new".

Our present earth and cosmos will be dissolved, then renewed and glorified, and made the best of all possible worlds for Our Lord and His people.

Our bodies likewise disintegrate but will be the same bodies, yet renewed and glorified.

Our Lord comes for His people in the providence of death, and we will be eternally where He is, first with Him in Heaven, then with Him on the new earth.

AMR

Cross Reference

No. The first, is the heavens, i.e., cosmos. The second is the earth. Both being transformed, hence "new".

Our present earth and cosmos will be dissolved, then renewed and glorified, and made the best of all possible worlds for Our Lord and His people.

Our bodies likewise disintegrate but will be the same bodies, yet renewed and glorified.

Our Lord comes for His people in the providence of death, and we will be eternally where He is, first with Him in Heaven, then with Him on the new earth.

AMR

The New Jerusalem will be upon this earth which will make it the center of the universe.

Outside that city will reside a people who were born during the 1000 yr. reign of Christ Jesus, each one "sitting under his own fig tree" where "the lion will lie down with the lamb".

With regards to all others in this age is what the scriptures are to be to us for the fathoming out the Ultimate intention of God __ before that terrible day of the Lord that will shut the door to anymore dispensing of time to the those who claim His Name for them to "get it right".

I don't believe the "Rulers and Reigners" with Christ will but visit this new earth to report in every now and then at the behest of God in Christ Jesus. But this is only my "musing" in the matter.

john w

Hall of Fame
"Are the new heaven and new Earth the same thing?"-Stripe

Yes, it's the New Covenant.

=the Preterist punk can "prove" anything he wants, with this type of "spiritual" backflips, contortions.

Sit down, in the back row, Craigie, shut up, as you are here to learn, not teach.

Craigie noTetosterone : "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth" is the Old Covenant.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Are the new heaven and new Earth the same thing?"-Stripe=the Preterist punk can "prove" anything he wants, with this type of "spiritual" backflips, contortions.Sit down, in the back row, Craigie, shut up, as you are here to learn, not teach. noTetosterone : "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth" is the Old Covenant.

I think that dude is on drugs. :noid:

Cross Reference

Yes, it's the New Covenant.

If Jesus did it all why do you suppose this is necessary?:

(Romans 12:1 KJV) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

john w

Hall of Fame

It's the "those meanie dispies hurt my feelings aways back, and now I am so obsessed with allegedly disproving their 'fallable belief system,' I will copy'npaste/plagiarize anything from my Preterist/AD 70-ism websites/articles/Josephus/Wiki..........sources, lie habitually, engage in 'arguments' of sophistry, and emotionalism, pervert the gospel of Christ, let the wolves/wolf-ettes pervert the gospel of Christ, as I do, having no spine, as long as they are not dispies, and spam 'Darby' on every third post" addiction, so much, that he can't think straight.

It's called anti thinking. That is Craigie noTetosterone's "ministry."

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

It's the "those meanie dispies hurt my feelings aways back, and now I am so obsessed with allegedly disproving their 'fallable belief system,' I will copy'npaste/plagiarize anything from my Preterist/AD 70-ism websites/articles/Josephus/Wiki..........sources, ly habitually, engage in 'arguments' of sophistry, and emotionalism, pervert the gospel of Christ, let the wolves/wolf-ettes pervert the gospel of Christ, as I do, having no spine, as long as they are not dispies, and spam 'Darby' on every third post" addiction, so much, that he can't think straight.

It's called anti thinking. That is Craigie noTetosterone's "ministry."

Nothing will drive you to the feet of Hammering Hank quicker than one of those MAD wackos hurting your feelings.

Jerry Shugart

Of course it does, because that is who He was speaking to, and THAT is the context. That you always seem to not see the proper context in any scripture and equivocate about the connotations of words that have more than one connotations IMO shows you really don't understand basic grammatical rules.
Wasn't it you who said you like the YLT?
The difference between the two verses is that Matt just states earth and Luke states "on the face of the whole earth". Aside from that the context is clear, at least to those who understand what CONTEXT is.
I suggest you learn that immediately.

It is you who doesn't understand the context. If the context indicates that the correct translation is 'the land of Israel" then why did none of the translations say that? Of course you think that you know more than all of the translators of the verses originally written in Greek.

That is just one of the reasons why no one on this forum takes you seriously.

StanJ

No move. When we die our souls are immediately in the presence of the Lord...awaiting the eschaton after which we will all be together in our glorified bodies in the new heavens and earth.
AMR

Sorry AMR, but I don't see that in scripture. Where do you get this idea from?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No move. When we die our souls are immediately in the presence of the Lord...awaiting the eschaton after which we will all be together in our glorified bodies in the new heavens and earth. AMR

OK.

So can you explain the problem with the idea that there might be residents of heaven and residents off the new Earth?

StanJ

It is you who doesn't understand the context. If the context indicates that the correct translation is 'the land of Israel" then why did none of the translations say that? Of course you think that you know more than all of the translators of the verses originally written in Greek.
That is just one of the reasons why no one on this forum takes you seriously.

Some do Jerry, but the point is the context and how earth means land or Israel in one context, of "the whole earth/over the face of the earth", connotes the earth as our world. This is consistent if every instance of its use. I notice you ignore the reference to the YLT? Why is that?
I'm not the one that tries to teach that the Bible says what it doesn't Jerry, YOU do that. I simply refute you by showing what it DOES state.
It's not me that has problems using modern translations, it is YOU. Darby is, to say the least, INNACURATE, and that is proven by the Greek itself.
The only people that don't take me seriously are false teachers Jerry, and believe me, I could care less about how your ilk feels in that regard.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

No, it just appears that way to you because you're a Darby follower.

I'm not the first person to claim the new heavens and the new earth are the New Covenant. People have been saying it for hundreds of years.

"the old and elementary system passed away with a great noise; all these predicted empires have actually fallen, and the new kingdom, the new heaven and earth, the new Jerusalem--all of which were to descend from God, to be formed by His power, have been realised on earth ; all these things have been done in the sight of all the nations ; God's holy arm has been made bare in their sight: His judgments have prevailed, and they remain for an everlasting testimony to the whole world. His kingdom has come, as it was foretold it should, and His will has, so far, been done; His purposes have been finished; and, from that day to the extreme end of time, it will be the duty, as indeed it will be the great privilege of the Church, to gather into its bosom the Jew, the Greek, the Scythian, the Barbarian, bond and free; and to do this as the Apostles did in their days--in obedience, faith and hope.' " - EUSEBIUS, The Theophania, circa 300AD

Your Dispensationalism has only been around since the mid 1800's

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If Jesus did it all why do you suppose this is necessary?:

(Romans 12:1 KJV) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Because we are lively stones being built into a spiritual house while the Saints reign with Christ Jesus.

(1 Peter 2:5) you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, it just appears that way to you because you're a Darby follower.I'm not the first person to claim the new heavens and the new earth are the New Covenant. People have been saying it for hundreds of years.[I][COLOR="Purple"]"the old and elementary system passed away with a great noise; [B][U]all these predicted empires have actually fallen, and the new kingdom, the new heaven and earth, the new Jerusalem--all of which were to descend from God, to be formed by His power, have been realised on earth [/U][/B]; all these things have been done in the sight of all the nations ; God's holy arm has been made bare in their sight: His judgments have prevailed, and they remain for an everlasting testimony to the whole world. His kingdom has come, as it was foretold it should, and His will has, so far, been done; His purposes have been finished; and, from that day to the extreme end of time, it will be the duty, as indeed it will be the great privilege of the Church, to gather into its bosom the Jew, the Greek, the Scythian, the Barbarian, bond and free; and to do this as the Apostles did in their days--in obedience, faith and hope.' "[/COLOR][/I] - EUSEBIUS, The Theophania, circa 300AYour Dispensationalism has only been around since the mid 1800's
Someone-said-something-before-someone-else-said-something-else arguments do not hold sway in a rational debate.

Go somewhere else and be a troll. :up: