ECT D'ism was invented because Chafer thought the Bible was confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interplanner

You should forgive him so that your heavenly Father can forgive you.

Then...while you're at it, lay hands on him that he might recover.

Forgive? You don't forgive until there is cognitive resonance. Right now, D'ism sits in cognitive dissonance with the Bible because of what Chafer did. The whole 2P2P industry is a fraud.

Interplanner

Brought to you by the "real writer and grammar scholar" (that apparently does not know anything about writing or grammar).

You're a POSER in every way!

Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
2P2P is entirely made up. A resurrection not completing promise to Israel is made up. A NT that thinks there is a land of Israel or 2nd round of Judaism that is part of eschatology is made up. Mt24 about details in Judea in the future is made up.

Brought to you by the "real writer and grammar scholar" (that apparently does not know anything about writing or grammar).

No RD and pals. This is the genuine question of the day. Get the question sorted out: what is it about the resurrection in Acts 13 that completes everything God meant to do for Israel?

SaulToPaul 2

Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
2P2P is entirely made up. A resurrection not completing promise to Israel is made up. A NT that thinks there is a land of Israel or 2nd round of Judaism that is part of eschatology is made up. Mt24 about details in Judea in the future is made up.

No RD and pals. This is the genuine question of the day. Get the question sorted out: what is it about the resurrection in Acts 13 that completes everything God meant to do for Israel?

Singular promise.

Interplanner

Yes, you treat the word of God like you're slapping together a few 2x4s in the garage. It shows.

That was in reference to editing, not substantial questions. Not that you pay any attention. Chafer built with 2x4s, not me. I use self-organizing statements in the text.

Interplanner

Singular promise.

That is a mindless dodge STP and you know it. That is not the question. Even if it was the question and there really was something in your head, you would be saying it was promise X not Y.

The question is why can Paul say it: that the resurrection completes what God promised to the fathers, with finality? Do you doubt the finality? After that sermon?

I'm sorry I bothered to answer, because you are a waste of effort.

Danoh

D'ism was invented because Chafer thought the Bible was confused

Enjoy your heritage D'ists. That's why it exists. The guy couldn't digest the apostles teachings. This is not opinion; it is his words, recently noted with background by Northwye.

To bolster support, the 'enemy' of RT was concocted. This buried the actual RT issue which is at Gal 3:17. Very clever.

Let's see if I have that right...

You and yours assert that John Nelson Darby invented Dispensationalism.

Now you assert "D'ism was invented because Chafer thought the Bible was confused..."

Gotta admit, that is quite a feat...

John Nelson Darby (18 November 1800 – 29 April 1882)

Lewis Sperry Chafer (February 27, 1871 – August 22, 1952)

Chafer was what - only eleven years old when Darby went home to be with the Lord?

Someone missed a great opportunity to put Chafer on the children's segment of the hit reality tv show "America's Got Talent."

:rotfl:

Nevertheless, Rom. 5:8.

Interplanner

Acts 13:32 does not state "And we bring you the good news that everything God promised to the fathers,"

He said "what" instead. Its up to interplanetary to prove "what" implies "all".

I don't have to prove it is everything. You can't prove that the resurrection is the land of Judea. I'm asking what is it about the resurrection that would have finality for Israel? That's the only way we will learn what is going on in NT theology and what it is shifting to.

The Greek expression 'tauten' is best as 'that which was promised' or 'the thing promised;' so since the resurrection answers to that in the sentence, and you know everything, tell us the question's answer.

Interplanner

PJ, there was no club of D'ists when 2 tim 4 was written. Chafer invented that when he decided the bible was too conflicted and needed his answers.

Interplanner

The same total and finally inclusive meaning to promised here in ch 13 is in ch 26, almost expressed the same way: 'It is because of my hope in what God has promised (...tes...epangelias genomenos...) our fathers... This is the promise our twelve tribes are hoping to see fulfilled as they serve God...' Their opposition to him is precisely because he is saying it was completed or received in the resurrection, which offers forgiveness to all and 'a place among God's chosen people' (hagiasmenos) v18 to the nations. That's why he wants everyone there to become as he is, except for the chains. To be a proclaimer like he is.

SaulToPaul 2

The same total and finally inclusive meaning to promised here in ch 13 is in ch 26, almost expressed the same way: 'It is because of my hope in what God has promised (...tes...epangelias genomenos...) our fathers... This is the promise our twelve tribes are hoping to see fulfilled as they serve God...' Their opposition to him is precisely because he is saying it was completed or received in the resurrection, which offers forgiveness to all and 'a place among God's chosen people' (hagiasmenos) v18 to the nations. That's why he wants everyone there to become as he is, except for the chains. To be a proclaimer like he is.

100% made up. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.