Dinosaurs

Interplanner

Communicationis an effect, what caused communication is the bigger question.

God wanted to be in communication with man and in love, which was before the foundation of the world. That is why it is important that those things were there before creation. That is the kind of world God wanted before man came along; they are not things subjective to man (his imagination, his crutch that he 'needs'). They are not things God shares with animals.

The agnostic F. Schaeffer as a young student said he never would have gone with Christianity if he had not discovered that there were these things before man came along.

I did #4 on that item in my group of posts called 'basic Genesis cosmology 4: other things before creation.'

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
God wanted to be in communication with man and in love, which was before the foundation of the world. That is why it is important that those things were there before creation. That is the kind of world God wanted before man came along; they are not things subjective to man (his imagination, his crutch that he 'needs'). They are not things God shares with animals.

The agnostic F. Schaeffer as a young student said he never would have gone with Christianity if he had not discovered that there were these things before man came along.

I did #4 on that item in my group of posts called 'basic Genesis cosmology 4: other things before creation.'
Another great post with a perfect opening.

6days

How do you think its possible to have so much in common if there is not something common in our past?
As a Christian, How can you possibly see the same genes performing same functions in different creatures, and not credit a common Designer?
Gen.2:7 " Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being."

Common Designer... not common ancestor.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
As a Christian, How can you possibly see the same genes performing same functions in different creatures, and not credit a common Designer?
Gen.2:7 " Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being."

Common Designer... not common ancestor.

It's not an either-or proposition, it js both-and. God used evolution as part of His act of creation. God created and used evolution.

6days

It's not an either-or proposition, it js both-and. God used evolution as part of His act of creation. .
If you mean common ancestry, you are wrong.
Genesis 2:7,21,22 Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being....So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and then closed up the place with flesh. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man
God created and used evolution
Nope.... 'evolution' is a process of harmful mutations, suffering and death. The Creator God of the Bible tells us that death is an enemy that entered our world after man sinned. The purpose of Christ suffering physical death, was so that He could defeat physical death and offer salvation and hope through the resurrection.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Genesis 2:7,21,22 Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being....So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and then closed up the place with flesh. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man

But the real world evidence suggests something different. Your solution is to accept the oral myth and history of several thousand years ago as totally accurate. My solution is to accept the evidence, no need for any reliance on ancient oral myth and stories.

6days

But the real world evidence suggests something different. Your solution is to accept the oral myth and history of several thousand years ago as totally accurate. My solution is to accept the evidence, no need for any reliance on ancient oral myth and stories.
The real world evidence supports God's Word that we were "wonderfully made" and now suffer from several thousand years of harmful mutations and genetic burden.
My solution is to accept the evidence, no need for any reliance on ancient oral myth and stories.

Stuu

The real world evidence supports God's Word that we were "wonderfully made" and now suffer from several thousand years of harmful mutations and genetic burden.
My solution is to accept the evidence, no need for any reliance on ancient oral myth and stories.
Since you now seem very keen on evidence, please show us the evidence that a genetic load of mutations did not exist in the human population a few thousand years ago.

Or perhaps withdraw your claim if you can't.

Stuart

Stuu

So based on that, would you predict that the same function in different animal species should be expected to be based on the same 'design'?

Stuart

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned

Since there is no evidence that your particular deity exists I think I can ignore your premise.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame

Nope.... 'evolution' is a process of harmful mutations, suffering and death. The Creator God of the Bible tells us that death is an enemy that entered our world after man sinned. The purpose of Christ suffering physical death, was so that He could defeat physical death and offer salvation and hope through the resurrection.

Will you die a physical death? If so, how did Jesus defeat physical death?