Did the presidential debates change anyone's mind?

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you oppose social programs, you are. Just like most Republicans.
It isn't callousness if she's willing to help people who need help, like a lot of republicans are (instead of relying on the government to do it for them). I'm opposed to most social programs. But, I'm more than willing to take people who need help into my home to help them out.

bybee

It isn't callousness if she's willing to help people who need help, like a lot of republicans are (instead of relying on the government to do it for them). I'm opposed to most social programs. But, I'm more than willing to take people who need help into my home to help them out.

Yup!

PureX

And you are a knobheaded arrogant, puffedup, self righteous moron! Just like a few Democrats.
At no time or place have I stated that I am against social programs.
I am against lazy, shiftless, sniveling parasites consuming what ought to be available for the needy and the disadvantaged.
Who isn't?

But Romney/Ryan and the other republicans who are shouting about discontinuing various social programs aren't saying a word about differentiating. All they want to do is cut them, or "privatize" them, which is exactly the same thing, for those who really need the help.

I also have to point out that NOT ONE of these same republicans has spoken out against the big oil companies getting millions of dollars worth of corporate welfare that they certainly are not in need of. Or ending all those big tax breaks and loopholes that they wrote in to law for their corporate cronies. Or even clamping down on medical conglomerates who are bilking Medicaid and Medicare for many millions of dollars. All they can seem to become outraged about are those "lazy, shiftless, sniveling parasites" that the rest of us call the the old, the sick, and the poor (and that will likely be voting for the democrats). Funny how it's only them and them alone that has been causing these gigantic deficits, and who must be made to pay for it, now.

Who isn't?

But Romney/Ryan and the other republicans who are shouting about discontinuing various social programs aren't saying a word about differentiating. All they want to do is cut them, or "privatize" them, which is exactly the same thing, for those who really need the help.

I also have to point out that NOT ONE of these same republicans has spoken out against the big oil companies getting millions of dollars worth of corporate welfare that they certainly are not in need of. Or ending all those big tax breaks and loopholes that they wrote in to law for their corporate cronies. Or even clamping down on medical conglomerates who are bilking Medicaid and Medicare for many millions of dollars. All they can seem to become outraged about are those "lazy, shiftless, sniveling parasites" that the rest of us call the the old, the sick, and the poor (and that will likely be voting for the democrats). Funny how it's only them and them alone that has been causing these gigantic deficits, and who must be made to pay for it, now.
Under Obama, GE pays no taxes, yet I haven't heard any Democrat complain. Why? One possible reason is that GE contributes substantially to the Democratic Party. Hmmm. I wonder if there's a connection.

bybee

Who isn't?

I bow down before your obviously superior goodness oh gracious one.
The "old, the sick and the poor" are just that. I'm old, injured and relatively poor, but, I am being helped by my family, medicare, insurance and social security. Of course for 60 years I paid in to all of those entities. My best investment was in my family.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Some fifty million of them?!?

In my opinion, you're being obtuse when you ask that. You should know that there's no way that I (one person) can house that many people.

I know many people who, despite barely making it between paydays, bring people who are worse off financially than they are into their homes, or donate food and/or clothing to shelters, or donate their time to shelters, schools, churches, and other organizations.

I get tired of hearing "how bad" a person I am because I think I could do more to help people if I didn't have to pay so much in taxes. I grew up with a mother on welfare. My mom took major advantage of the system. She worked at the mini-mart down the street from us, under the table, so that she could still get her welfare. She tried to get my step-father to pay his child support in cash so that the welfare department didn't know about it. In my senior year, I moved to Illinois from California to live with my dad. My eighteenth birthday was three months after I got there. My mom sent me the paper that she had to have the school fill out so that she could continue getting welfare for me until I graduated high school. She thought that the money, food stamps, and medi-caid were owed to her. My sister, Laura, had four kids on welfare. She worked under the table so that she could continue getting her welfare. She lost custody of three of her kids to her ex husband and still tried to get welfare and child support for those three kids. She stole from my nephew's bank account when he was in basic training (Nothing can be done about it because she denies knowing any of his bank information.). She got mad at me and her ex-boyfriend because my nephew made her ex-boyfriend the beneficiary of his life insurance (if anything should happen to him). With the exception of two people, everyone I know on welfare either acts like the money is owed to them or cheats the system. And, those that I've seen on the news are no better than my own family (talking about what they're going to get for free, etc...). I don't have much respect for anyone who refuses to work to support their family.

bybee

In my opinion, you're being obtuse when you ask that. You should know that there's no way that I (one person) can house that many people.

I know many people who, despite barely making it between paydays, bring people who are worse off financially than they are into their homes, or donate food and/or clothing to shelters, or donate their time to shelters, schools, churches, and other organizations.

I get tired of hearing "how bad" a person I am because I think I could do more to help people if I didn't have to pay so much in taxes. I grew up with a mother on welfare. My mom took major advantage of the system. She worked at the mini-mart down the street from us, under the table, so that she could still get her welfare. She tried to get my step-father to pay his child support in cash so that the welfare department didn't know about it. In my senior year, I moved to Illinois from California to live with my dad. My eighteenth birthday was three months after I got there. My mom sent me the paper that she had to have the school fill out so that she could continue getting welfare for me until I graduated high school. She thought that the money, food stamps, and medi-caid were owed to her. My sister, Laura, had four kids on welfare. She worked under the table so that she could continue getting her welfare. She lost custody of three of her kids to her ex husband and still tried to get welfare and child support for those three kids. She stole from my nephew's bank account when he was in basic training (Nothing can be done about it because she denies knowing any of his bank information.). She got mad at me and her ex-boyfriend because my nephew made her ex-boyfriend the beneficiary of his life insurance (if anything should happen to him). With the exception of two people, everyone I know on welfare either acts like the money is owed to them or cheats the system. And, those that I've seen on the news are no better than my own family (talking about what they're going to get for free, etc...). I don't have much respect for anyone who refuses to work to support their family.

And this is not isolated. It is endemic in the system.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Just what I said. Jesus said render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. So it must have been OK with him to pay taxes to support the poor.

Your unwillingness to do that is what is immoral.

Support where ive stated i am unwilling to pay my taxes or retract.

( i love it when liberals tell lies they couldnt substantiate in a million years, it drives people from them because of their dishonesty)

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You shouldn't feel guilty. That's what liberals want to increase their control over the people.

Exactly that. Thankfully people are starting to see through the lies and propaganda, and realize they have a right to support the causes they care for instead of being harassed into letting liberals steal from them to support THEIRS.

drbrumley

Taxes are not theft. Anything you own can be taxed if decided by law. If you refuse to pay taxes you owe, you are a criminal and should go to jail.

If taxes are theft, then so is private property. The Earth belongs to God, not you. Yet you demand that the government support your property with taxes, money, courts and police. So, if taxes are theft, give up any police or legal protection for your money or property.

Stop the libertarian utopian nonsense as an excuse not to help others. Do your part to support the society that provides your wealth. Social insurance protects you as well as others. Stop destroying it.

:rotfl: That's rich. So the law is what defines what is just and moral huh? And one should go to jail? Well, then we will just use your hard earned money to feed me three times a day, bed to sleep in, lifting weights, even watch some tv. Sounds good.

drbrumley

Taxes are not theft.

Untrue.

If taxes are theft, then so is private property. The Earth belongs to God, not you.

Yet God Himself gave us dominion over it. You do know what dominion means right?

Yet you demand that the government support your property with taxes, money, courts and police. So, if taxes are theft, give up any police or legal protection for your money or property.

I dont ask for that and would, but I am staying, fighting thieves like you.

Stop the libertarian utopian nonsense as an excuse not to help others. Do your part to support the society that provides your wealth. Social insurance protects you as well as others. Stop destroying it.

Snip for stupidity

eameece

And you are a knobheaded arrogant, puffedup, self righteous moron! Just like a few Democrats.
At no time or place have I stated that I am against social programs.
I am against lazy, shiftless, sniveling parasites consuming what ought to be available for the needy and the disadvantaged.
Administrators of social programs are not in favor of sniveling parasites either. That a few people abuse a program or are lazy does not mean we should abolish or cut back the scanty social insurance that we have that protects us all against things like great recessions.

eameece

You are callous if you are against social programs that help people, and if cutting them or eliminating them will increase suffering. That is what happens, in fact. Social insurance is needed to make sure people get help, and that we all contribute not just the most generous doing it all.

eameece

Under Obama, GE pays no taxes, yet I haven't heard any Democrat complain. Why? One possible reason is that GE contributes substantially to the Democratic Party. Hmmm. I wonder if there's a connection.
You can bet that GE contributes substantially more to the Republican Party. And it is certain that Republicans oppose campaign finance reform, Wall St. reform and public financing to cure the problem of money in politics, and that liberal Democrats support these reforms.

eameece

I get tired of hearing "how bad" a person I am because I think I could do more to help people if I didn't have to pay so much in taxes.
Stop complaining about taxes then. They are quite modest, especially after the Bush tax cuts that Obama has continued. If people didn't pay the taxes, you would have to do substantially MORE to help people, if you were really that concerned. In fact, private charity and family don't do the job, not by a long shot. Without taxes and social insurance, people starve and go homeless. This happens because the rich gamble with your money in order to get richer, and when they can't pay their debts the system collapses. They ruin it for everyone, and then get bailed out. Then Republicans complain because the people who got hurt get a few food stamps or unemployment. You guys are ridiculous. It is tragic too.

eameece

Support where ive stated i am unwilling to pay my taxes or retract.

( i love it when liberals tell lies they couldnt substantiate in a million years, it drives people from them because of their dishonesty)

Your above posts show it. You don't want us to have the social insurance that we need. You want to pay less taxes by cutting these programs. If you agitate to pay less taxes, it's because you don't want to pay them. That is being "unwilling." That is the Republican policy that you support with your votes.

eameece

Exactly that. Thankfully people are starting to see through the lies and propaganda, and realize they have a right to support the causes they care for instead of being harassed into letting liberals steal from them to support THEIRS.
See, you think taxes are theft, and that they are passed just because people want control. That is not being "willing" to pay taxes. The cause you care for is only that you don't want to pay the taxes that it is your responsibility to pay in order to help people.