ECT Did the Body of Christ Really Begin in Acts 2?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Which "kings of the earth" - the ones in Rev. 1:5; and Rev. 21:24, or the ones in Rev. 6:15; Rev. 16:14; and Rev. 19:19?

Try "rightly dividing" (laying out aright) such things, 2 Tim. 2:15 :)

Try paying attention.

STP's question was about Rev 19:19

SaulToPaul 2

Who were "the kings of the earth"?

I don't know, but can you explain how this happened?

Rev 19
9 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

lifeisgood

Tet:
This question just came to me this morning, if what John wrote in Revelation, was fulfilled in 70AD, as you so vociferously affirm, and John died around 100, as he was freed from the isle of Patmos, did John leave any writings confirming "hey, people what happened to Jerusalem and the Temple in 70AD is the confirmation of what I wrote in Revelation".

Cross Reference

Tet:
This question just came to me this morning, if what John wrote in Revelation, was fulfilled in 70AD, as you so vociferously affirm, and John died around 100, as he was freed from the isle of Patmos, did John leave any writings confirming "hey, people what happened to Jerusalem and the Temple in 70AD is the confirmation of what I wrote in Revelation".

LOL!! . . :)))))

Danoh

Yes I know.

However an ist is a member of an ism.

What I find interesting is that people all over the world are beginning to

recognize man made measurements.

The herd mentality running into itself, momentarily recognizing itself for what it is, quickly forgetting of what sort it is, to just as quickly return to the herd mentalility.

"The world" merely repeating what "it" heard over by the water cooler.

Lol - water cooler-ism.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yes I know.

However an ist is a member of an ism.

What I find interesting is that people all over the world are beginning to

recognize man made measurements.

spoiled by them, no less

Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Danoh

spoiled by them, no less

Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Cool drawing, heir; sort of like a female version of Brando in "The Wild One."

"What are you rebelling against?"

"The traditions of men..." lol

SaulToPaul 2

I don't know, but can you explain how this happened?

Rev 19
9 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

for Tet

servantofChrist

With regard to us today not being handed a murder indictment for the death of Christ -- every sin we commit today necessitated Jesus being crucified on the cross so that we today can have the hope of eternal life.

With regard to whether the Lord's church began on the day of Pentecost recorded in Acts 2 -- while Jesus had many followers before that day, I believe that that is when the church started. We find these words in Luke's gospel account: "And that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be preached in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem." Before a person can be included among the company of all the saved, he must first make the change to commit his life to Christ and have his sins forgiven (also, sins "washed away," Acts 22:16). This began in universal, or aggregate, form with Peter preaching the first-ever gospel sermon, recorded in Acts 2.

Also note this:

The Greek word for "church," "ekklesia," means "called out." And 2 Thess. 2:14 says that we are called by the gospel. And that is EXACTLY what took place beginning in Acts 2, for the first time ever, with the Jews (and then in Acts 10, for the first time with the Gentiles).

So I believe that, while many sought to follow Jesus as He went about preaching the gospel, His church, His body of all the saved ones, began on the day of Pentecost in Acts 2. "And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved" (Acts 2:47)

DAN P

With regard to us today not being handed a murder indictment for the death of Christ -- every sin we commit today necessitated Jesus being crucified on the cross so that we today can have the hope of eternal life.

With regard to whether the Lord's church began on the day of Pentecost recorded in Acts 2 -- while Jesus had many followers before that day, I believe that that is when the church started. We find these words in Luke's gospel account: "And that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be preached in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem." Before a person can be included among the company of all the saved, he must first make the change to commit his life to Christ and have his sins forgiven (also, sins "washed away," Acts 22:16). This began in universal, or aggregate, form with Peter preaching the first-ever gospel sermon, recorded in Acts 2.

Also note this:

The Greek word for "church," "ekklesia," means "called out." And 2 Thess. 2:14 says that we are called by the gospel. And that is EXACTLY what took place beginning in Acts 2, for the first time ever, with the Jews (and then in Acts 10, for the first time with the Gentiles).

So I believe that, while many sought to follow Jesus as He went about preaching the gospel, His church, His body of all the saved ones, began on the day of Pentecost in Acts 2. "And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved" (Acts 2:47)

Hi and since you found out that EKKLESIA means assembly , what does " ADDED " mean in Acts 2:47 mean ??

Since you do NOT know " ADDED " to the EKKLESIA is in the Greek IMPERFECT TENSE and that means Jesus ADDED and then stopped !

God adds to the Messiannic Assembly as God is the only one that adds to the Body of Christ !!

dan p

Interplanner

Hi and since you found out that EKKLESIA means assembly , what does " ADDED " mean in Acts 2:47 mean ??

Since you do NOT know " ADDED " to the EKKLESIA is in the Greek IMPERFECT TENSE and that means Jesus ADDED and then stopped !

God adds to the Messiannic Assembly as God is the only one that adds to the Body of Christ !!

dan p

Obviously it doesn't mean He stopped because other Jews became believers later.

OCTOBER23

JESUS said that the people God the Father gave him will remain in the body.

When the Comforter came upon them in Acts , they became the full body of Christ.