ECT Did the Body of Christ Really Begin in Acts 2?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul doesn't want us to be ignorant of the mystery.
Are you still ignorant of the mystery that blindness in part has happened to Israel?

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel

, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

When all of the gentiles to be saved come into saved Israel then it is that all of Israel is saved.

Nothing could be clearer than that.

Lets not twist it to try and say something else--

Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

LA

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul doesn't want us to be ignorant of the mystery.

Yes, I know.

However, you Dispies don't know what Paul is talking about.
Are you still ignorant of the mystery that blindness in part has happened to Israel?

The blindness to Israel didn't take place in the first century. It took place hundreds of years before the first century when God scattered the Israelites from the 10 tribes amongst the Gentiles.

The clue to the mystery is found in Gen 48:19

(Gen 48:19 YLT) And his father refuseth, and saith, `I have known, my son, I have known; he also becometh a people, and he also is great, and yet, his young brother is greater than he, and his seed is the fulness of the nations;'

(Rom 11:25 YLT) For I do not wish you to be ignorant, brethren, of this secret -- that ye may not be wise in your own conceits -- that hardness in part to Israel hath happened till For I do not wish you to be ignorant, brethren, of this secret -- that ye may not be wise in your own conceits -- that hardness in part to Israel hath happened till the fulness of the nations may come in;ns may come in;

Because you guys don't understand the mystery Paul spoke of in Romans 11, you guys can't tell us who the great nations the descendants of Ephraim and Manasseh became.

Prove me wrong steko....tell us what great nations and great peoples the descendants of Ephraim and Manasseh became?

"Them" ain't us!

We became fellow heirs with "them". That is how all Israel became saved, because many of the "them" from the 10 tribes were amongst the Gentiles who became one body with the Jews.

That is the mystery Paul spoke of.

When did things get right between you and the Lord, Tet, two-thousand years ago or sometime in the last fifty years?

I was born under the new covenant. My sins were taken away and paid for before I was born because of what Christ Jesus accomplished on the cross.

Are you telling me that when you were born things were already right between you and the Lord, or was there something that you had to do to complete the transaction.

My sins were taken away, and paid for before I was born. That was the promise of the New Covenant.

Christ Jesus was King of kings, and Lord of lords before I was born. That was the promise of the New Covenant.

Well, I take it that Paul is saying that though the once and for all sacrifice happened two-thousand years ago, it will not become good for Israel until Israel enters into the relationship.....the same with you and me as individuals.

This is where you are dead wrong.

All sins were paid for. No one has to enter any kind of "relationship" for their sins to be paid for.

The covenant is bilateral.

No it's not.

All sins were paid for, for all time, by a one time sacrifice.

Cross Reference

Yes, I know.

However, you Dispies don't know what Paul is talking about.

The blindness to Israel didn't take place in the first century. It took place hundreds of years before the first century when God scattered the Israelites from the 10 tribes amongst the Gentiles.

The clue to the mystery is found in Gen 48:19

(Gen 48:19 YLT) And his father refuseth, and saith, `I have known, my son, I have known; he also becometh a people, and he also is great, and yet, his young brother is greater than he, and his seed is the fulness of the nations;'

(Rom 11:25 YLT) For I do not wish you to be ignorant, brethren, of this secret -- that ye may not be wise in your own conceits -- that hardness in part to Israel hath happened till For I do not wish you to be ignorant, brethren, of this secret -- that ye may not be wise in your own conceits -- that hardness in part to Israel hath happened till the fulness of the nations may come in;ns may come in;

Because you guys don't understand the mystery Paul spoke of in Romans 11, you guys can't tell us who the great nations the descendants of Ephraim and Manasseh became.

Prove me wrong steko....tell us what great nations and great peoples the descendants of Ephraim and Manasseh became?

We became fellow heirs with "them". That is how all Israel became saved, because many of the "them" from the 10 tribes were amongst the Gentiles who became one body with the Jews.

That is the mystery Paul spoke of.

I was born under the new covenant. My sins were taken away and paid for before I was born because of what Christ Jesus accomplished on the cross.

My sins were taken away, and paid for before I was born. That was the promise of the New Covenant.

Christ Jesus was King of kings, and Lord of lords before I was born. That was the promise of the New Covenant.

This is where you are dead wrong.

All sins were paid for. No one has to enter any kind of "relationship" for their sins to be paid for.

No it's not.

All sins were paid for, for all time, by a one time sacrifice.

So why do we need Jesus Christ?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
When all of the gentiles to be saved come into saved Israel then it is that all of Israel is saved.

That's correct.

However, this fulness took place in the first century.

The gospel was preached to every nation.

Therefore, the "fullness of the Gentiles", or "the fullness of the nations" was fulfilled in the first century. That is how all of Israel was saved.

When the Gentiles became one body with the Jews, all of Israel was saved.

We now have one body, one gospel, one Lord, one faith, one baptism.

Those who have faith are the children of Abraham, those who have faith are the Israel of God.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Luis De Alcazar, a Catholic priest (inventor of Preterism) (1554–1613), had no idea that Jesus Christ came to take away THE SIN of the world and most still have no idea what THE SIN He took away is.

Once again, we see a Darby Follower acting like a child when their Dispensationalism is exposed for what it is.

Israel does not get their sins taken away in the future. ALL sins, of ALL time, were paid for at the cross with the shed blood of Jesus.

Darby Followers have to deny what Christ Jesus accomplished on the cross because their false teachings have people sacrificing animals in the future for sin atonement.

Cross Reference

Once again, we see a Darby Follower acting like a child when their Dispensationalism is exposed for what it is.

Israel does not get their sins taken away in the future. ALL sins, of ALL time, were paid for at the cross with the shed blood of Jesus.

Darby Followers have to deny what Christ Jesus accomplished on the cross because their false teachings have people sacrificing animals in the future for sin atonement.

Get a life, tet!!

lifeisgood

Why does this bother you so much Tet:
Luis De Alcazar, a Catholic priest (inventor of Preterism) (1554–1613), had no idea that Jesus Christ came to take away THE SIN of the world and most still have no idea what THE SIN He took away is.

No bother me none that you say I follow Darby (never heard of him until your persistence) for I know who I follow, and trust me it is not Darby (whoever he is).

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why does this bother you so much Tet:

It doesn't bother me at all.

First off, I and others have posted numerous teachings of Pretersim long before Alcazar was born.

Secondly, you keep saying no one has any idea what "the sin" was that Christ Jesus took away, but you won't tell anyone what it is.

No bother me none that you say I follow Darby (never heard of him until your persistence) for I know who I follow, and trust me it is not Darby (whoever he is).

You're just another Darby Follower in denial.

lifeisgood

Oh, thank you Tet. I remember those days of being a child. Not as good as now that I am eternal.

Once again, we see a Darby Follower Israel does not get their sins taken away in the future. ALL sins, of ALL time, were paid for at the cross with the shed blood of Jesus.

No, Jesus Christ came to take away THE SIN of the world and most still have no idea what THE SIN He took away is.

Lie.

lifeisgood

It doesn't bother me at all.

Lie.

First off, I and others have posted numerous teachings of Pretersim long before Alcazar was born.

However, he is the one who systematized it?

Secondly, you keep saying no one has any idea what "the sin" was that Christ Jesus took away, but you won't tell anyone what it is.

And it is killing you isn't it.

Put both knees on the floor and ask Him to tell you what is THE SIN He took away on the Cross of Calvary.

You're just another Darby Follower in denial.

Don't let that bother you Tet, you have hard enough work to go figure out what is THE SIN that Jesus Christ took away on the Cross of Calvary.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And it is killing you isn't it.

No, not at all. It's embarrassing watching you Darby Followers trying to attempt to make the Bible fit Darby's false teachings.

I'm always amused, and at the same time amazed how you Darby Followers deny that Christ Jesus took away the sin of the world.

Read steko's post.

steko claims that until Israel as a nation enters into a "relationship", their sins haven't been taken away yet.

That's as preposterous as your other fellow Darby Followers who claim animal sacrifices for sin atonement are going to take place again in the future.

lifeisgood

That's as preposterous as your other fellow Darby Followers who claim animal sacrifices for sin atonement are going to take place again in the future.

No more preposterous than you believing that Jesus Christ was the Roman Army in 70 AD, and how did you put it, let's see, "Jesus Christ did not come physically, but EVERYONE saw him"?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No more preposterous than you believing that Jesus Christ was the Roman Army in 70 AD,

I didn't say Christ Jesus WAS the Roman army.

I said the "coming of the Lord" was when the Roman army destroyed Jerusalem.

and how did you put it, let's see, "Jesus Christ did not come physically, but EVERYONE saw him"?

Everyone did not literally see Christ Jesus, they saw the Roman army destroy Jerusalem.

It was "the Day of the Lord".

If you would read the OT, you would know these things. When God said He was "coming into Egypt" on a swift cloud, He didn't literally ride a cloud into Egypt. It was the Assyrian army who went into Egypt.