Did God become flesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

john w

Hall of Fame
Psalm 45:6-7 KJV
6 Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever:the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness:therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Hebrews 1 KJV
8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Dartman

Yes there is. The highest name of all is "God" and above which there is no other name.
The name God gave Mary and Joseph is "Jesus". God isn't a name. God is a title, which the rulers of Israel were called (Psa 82 and John 10:34,35 ), the Kings of Israel were called (Psa 45 and Heb 1:8,9) and Moses was called (Ex 7:1).

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The entire context of the bible is God and Jesus which are mostly interchangeable. That's why it reads like it does. We used to have the name Jehovah, and in this latter day we have the name Jesus.
Jesus' Father and ours is in the Hebrew by name from the letters yod hey vav hey or YHVH, Yahveh.

glorydaz

The context is: theLord Jesus Christ is God, as God is identified as the purchaser, and that the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished this purchase, by HIS OWN BLOOD. God the Father did not shed His blood, and no spin by the protesters, such as, "Well, this just means that God the Father is referring to 'Jesus' as His blood," is acceptable.

A 6th grader can understand the passage.

You are showing some progress. I do not know how to help you further.

Apparently I said something wrong here. I do not see anything wrong with what I said.

You actually think you are helping John, but he is helping you. Sadly, you were more interested in thinking you were wise, that you missed the point in yellow above. It's the very point you need most desperately.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
6 Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever:the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness:therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Hebrews 1 KJV
8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Thank you.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You actually think you are helping John, but he is helping you. Sadly, you were more interested in thinking you were wise, that you missed the point in yellow above. It's the very point you need most desperately.
That is what I was accepting. I was not pretending to be wise. I have prayed for wisdom in my life. I simply had nothing else to say. Rather than a teaching point I knew what I could accept but not how to help. Excuse me with the rest of the post the other way around.

Dartman

You didn't start soon enough;
Ps 45:1 My heart overflows with a good theme; I address my verses to the King; My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.
Nor did you quote FAR enough into the text;
Ps 45:9-14 Kings' daughters are among Your noble ladies; At Your right hand stands the queen in gold from Ophir.
10 Listen, O daughter, give attention and incline your ear: Forget your people and your father's house;
11 Then the King will desire your beauty. Because He is your Lord, bow down to Him.
12 The daughter of Tyre will come with a gift; The rich among the people will seek your favor.
13 The King's daughter is all glorious within; Her clothing is interwoven with gold.
14 She will be led to the King in embroidered work; The virgins, her companions who follow her, Will be brought to You.

The chapter is to ALL the kings of Israel, and the reason it applies to Jesus is, his God gave him the throne of his father David.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The context is: theLord Jesus Christ is God, as God is identified as the purchaser, and that the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished this purchase, by HIS OWN BLOOD. God the Father did not shed His blood, and no spin by the protesters, such as, "Well, this just means that God the Father is referring to 'Jesus' as His blood," is acceptable.

A 6th grader can understand the passage.

Thank you.

Dartman

Move on. You're not in my league,and I need no help from you, clown, and you are beginning to bore me, and most of TOL.

Can you dig it? Good.
You are absolutely correct.
Jacob has been very kind, and patient, and Christ like in his correspondence .... sadly, you have not.

Dartman

They weren't on planet earth.
Of course they were.

tetelestai said:
Go back to when Jesus said what He said. Where were the servants then?
On planet earth.

tetelestai said:
....Are you really going to claim that the Disciples and the little flock of followers could have defeated the Jews and the Romans?
..... Are you really forgetting David and Goliath, Gideon, Sampson, Elijah, the city of Jericho???? All of the armies on this planet cannot stand against ANYONE God supports. And Jesus made it VERY clear, his God was the source of ALL power!

john w

Hall of Fame
2 Peter 1 KJV
1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

And stuff any attempts to divide "God" and "Savior" into two separate people(I.e., God the Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ), as the sentence structure occurs elsewhere, in the same book. To wit:

2 Peter 1 KJV
11 for so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

=not 2 people

2 Peter 2 KJV

20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

=not 2 people

2 Peter 3 KJV
18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

=not 2 people

The grammar,sentence structure for "Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" is exactly the same as "God and Savior Jesus Christ." "Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" is clear-thus, it is insane, inconsistent, deceptive, to separate "God" and "Savior" in 2 Peter 1:1 KJV. The Lord Jesus Christ, in no uncertain terms, is directly called both God and Savior, just as He is called both Lord and Savior.

QED.

Titus 2:13 KJV looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Revelation 19:17 KJV And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

john w

Hall of Fame
You didn't start soon enough;
Ps 45:1 My heart overflows with a good theme; I address my verses to the King; My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.
Nor did you quote FAR enough into the text;
Ps 45:9-14 Kings' daughters are among Your noble ladies; At Your right hand stands the queen in gold from Ophir.
10 Listen, O daughter, give attention and incline your ear: Forget your people and your father's house;
11 Then the King will desire your beauty. Because He is your Lord, bow down to Him.
12 The daughter of Tyre will come with a gift; The rich among the people will seek your favor.
13 The King's daughter is all glorious within; Her clothing is interwoven with gold.
14 She will be led to the King in embroidered work; The virgins, her companions who follow her, Will be brought to You.

The chapter is to ALL the kings of Israel, and the reason it applies to Jesus is, his God gave him the throne of his father David.

No, you spun it. Hebrews 1:8 says, in terms a fifth grader can understand, deceiver:

But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Hebrews 1 KJV
10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

The above is quoted from:

Psalms 102:24-25 KJV

24 I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days:thy years are throughout all generations.25 Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth:and the heavens are the work of thy hands.

Thus, God is the one being addressed in Psalm 102 KJV. It is God who laid the foundations of the earth. Yet, in Heb. 1:10 KJV, the Lord Jesus Jesus is called "Lord," and is said to be the one who laid the foundation of the earth.

Survey Isaiah 44:24 KJV

Thus saith the Lord, thy redeemer,and he that formed thee from the womb,I am the Lord that maketh all things;that stretcheth forth the heavens alone;that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

If God was laying the foundations of the earth alone, that would mean that either the Lord Jesus Christ has to be God, second person of the Trinity, who laid the foundation the same as the LORD God did, or we have a contradiction in "the volume of the book," and our God is an idiot, like the "Jesus is not God" frauds.

This part of the book of Hebrews is proclaiming that Jesus Christ is God, despite spin, flipping the bird at the LORD God, in demonic protest, and these same charlatans posting verses in isolation, deleting most of Hebrews 1 KJV.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Thanks for the compliment! A Christ rejector, not approving of me. Thanks again.

And remember: your impotent, fake "Jesus," who is in no position to redeem anyone, loves you, and so does the Easter Bunny.

john w,

You are my brother in Christ. I want you to know that I recognize that Jesus died for you as much as for me. Just like each and every person here.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

That is what I was accepting. I was not pretending to be wise. I have prayed for wisdom in my life. I simply had nothing else to say. Rather than a teaching point I knew what I could accept but not how to help. Excuse me with the rest of the post the other way around.

I just found it funny, Jacob. :)

Dartman

No, you spun it. Hebrews 1:8 says, (vile, rudeness deleted)

But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Hmmmm .... I wonder why you skipped verse 9;

Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

So, who is "thy God" in the text, and who are Christ's "fellows"?

johnw said:
Hebrews 1 KJV
10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

The above is quoted from:

Psalms 102:24-25 KJV

24 I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days:thy years are throughout all generations.25 Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth:and the heavens are the work of thy hands.

Thus, God is the one being addressed in Psalm 102 KJV. It is God who laid the foundations of the earth.
Absolutely correct! God, Christ's God, IS the one being spoken of in verse 10.

johnw said:
Yet, in Heb. 1:10 KJV, the Lord Jesus Jesus is called "Lord,"
Nope, Christs GOD is called Lord, and in Psa 102 His name is Jehovah, and is said to be the one who laid the foundation of the earth.

johnw said:
Survey Isaiah 44:24 KJV

Thus saith the Lord, thy redeemer,and he that formed thee from the womb,I am the Lord that maketh all things;that stretcheth forth the heavens alone;that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;
Exactly! This is Jehovah/YHVH God..... who CANNOT be Jesus!!

Isa 42:1-8 Behold, My servant, whom I uphold; My chosen, in whom My soul delighteth: I have put My spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the Gentiles.
2 He will not cry, nor lift up his voice, nor cause it to be heard in the street.
3 A bruised reed will he not break, and a dimly burning wick will he not quench: he will bring forth justice in truth.
4 He will not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set justice in the earth; and the isles shall wait for his law.
5 Thus saith God Jehovah, He that created the heavens, and stretched them forth; He that spread abroad the earth and that which cometh out of it; He that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
6 I, Jehovah, have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thy hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
7 to open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison-house.
8 I am Jehovah, that is My name; and My glory will I not give to another, neither My praise unto graven images.

Acts 4:24-30 And they, when they heard it, lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, O Lord, thou that didst make the heaven and the earth and the sea, and all that in them is:
25 who by the holy spirit, (by) the mouth of our father David thy servant, didst say, Why did the Gentiles rage, And the peoples imagine vain things?
26 The kings of the earth set themselves in array, And the rulers were gathered together, Against the Lord, and against His Anointed:
27 for of a truth in this city against Thy holy servant Jesus, whom Thou didst anoint, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, were gathered together,
28 to do whatsoever Thy hand and Thy council foreordained to come to pass.
29 And now, Lord, look upon their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants to speak thy word with all boldness,
30 while Thy stretchest forth Thy hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Thy holy servant Jesus.

Jesus is Jehovah/YHVH God's servant.

Status
Not open for further replies.