Did Christ die for all men?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
to be more clear, God is giving all of us opportunity to be in His kingdom for eternity through Jesus Christ.

to be even clearer -
-we have this opportunity because Jesus suffered and died for us
-do you agree to that?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
to be even clearer -
-we have this opportunity because Jesus suffered and died for us
-do you agree to that?

Now you are going to nitpicking.

Of course I do. You seem to nitpicking and trying to find the lope hole to attack me.

It is not such godly thing or tood Christian thing to do since I have stated my faith over and over.

I trust every word that Jesus says in the New Testament.

Have you read Jesus' word?

Or your faith is coming from your leader, pope?

It seems that way. Your Lord is your Pope, not Jesus.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
it seems you are just trying to irritate me since you already know my answer..

why would that irritate you to say that we might be saved because Jesus suffered and died for us?
-over and over again
-it is the good news

Sonnet

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1.

And, yes, there is evidence. I recognise that.

It remains rather troubling that believers in Christ can't agree on the gospel - as the OP highlights.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We are humans with our own opinions. That's why there are so many different denominations. Unlike some on TOL, I believe that all Christian denominations hold a piece of the truth. We won't find out how it all fits together until we sit at Christ's feet after His return.
And, yes, there is evidence. I recognise that.

It remains rather troubling that believers in Christ can't agree on the gospel - as the OP highlights.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So Piper misspeaks in the video? 'Christ died for your sins' should not be preached to unbelievers?
I think the point is that Calvinism doesn't teach that Christ's death was for all men, but only the ones chosen.
So unless you specifically know that a person is one of the chosen, then you can't tell them Christ's death was for them.

It's as if a father had two children.
The father tells the children that if they do not eat supper, they will be punished.
The father then sets a plate of supper in front of one child to eat, but gives the other child nothing.
And then the father punishes the other for not eating supper.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I think the point is that Calvinism doesn't teach that Christ's death was for all men, but only the ones chosen.
So unless you specifically know that a person is one of the chosen, then you can't tell them Christ's death was for them.

It's as if a father had two children.
The father tells the children that if they do not eat supper, they will be punished.
The father then sets a plate of supper in front of one child to eat, but gives the other child nothing.
And then the father punishes the other for not eating supper.

Good analogy for the false doctrine of Calvinism.

Bociferous

Sorry, Mat 20:1-16.
But the so called non-elect not 'hearing' does not guard against them understanding what Piper is telling them - that Christ died for them - even though Piper believes that Christ did not die for all men.
1Cor 2:14 and etc. suggests otherwise. Again, although I'm a sovereign grace Christian I'm not a Calvinist, just offering a possible reason for why a Calvinist would preach as Piper did in the video. I don't see his preaching as necessarily violating Calvinist logic on the basis noted in previous posts. I'm not sure why a Calvinist has not stepped in to correct either of us, but there it is.

Surely he (Piper) is tripping over the awkwardness of his own mistaken theology? And we are talking about the very essence of the saving work of Christ - the essence of the good news.
Assuming you take the Arminian position I get your insistence on Piper's theological faux pas, I just don't see the same logical intrusion you do Sonnet.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The problem is you don't know the whole truth.

Sorry, your discernment is all warped. You don't even know you are working against Jesus with your practice.

This is your fruit. You don't know how to put into practice Jesus' word.