Did Christ die for all men?

dodge

The disciples did not understand what he said. The twelve did not preach the cross. Supply scripture.

I did ! Jesus preached the cross. Sorry you missed it. Paul preached NOTHING that Jesus had not already taught.

Luk 22:20
Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

Ben Masada

Dying for our sins was not a main ingredient of Jesus' message. Its importance has been inflated to hook people into feeling guilty for not accepting their sinfulness and needing Jesus to save them. This is a manipulation tactic of the enemy which gets its power from fear and fear does not come from God. The reason we hold so tight to Jesus is not because of love. It's because we fear facing the infinite and eternal spaciousness when letting go. That spaciousness is a part of us often rejected in favor of the easier and more convenient interpretation of Jesus dying for our sins. We are encouraging avoidance of our infinite and eternal God and we don't even know it.

Prize, do you know something? I do agree with you.

dodge

Sonnet, You do believe that Jesus was a Jew, don't you? If your reply is "yes", his Faith was Judaism and not Christianity. Do you agree? I am sure you do. If his Faith was Judaism, it is only obvious that his Bible was the Tanach. In that case, he could not have died for the sins of all people because the Prophets of the Most High teach that no one can die for the sins of another. If you don't believe what I am saying, you can read it from Jeremiah 31:30 and Ezekiel 18:20. So, the answer is "no". Jesus did not die for our sins. Do you understand what I mean?

Jhn 1:29
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

dodge

Dying for our sins was not a main ingredient of Jesus' message. Its importance has been inflated to hook people into feeling guilty for not accepting their sinfulness and needing Jesus to save them. This is a manipulation tactic of the enemy which gets its power from fear and fear does not come from God. The reason we hold so tight to Jesus is not because of love. It's because we fear facing the infinite and eternal spaciousness when letting go. That spaciousness is a part of us often rejected in favor of the easier and more convenient interpretation of Jesus dying for our sins. We are encouraging avoidance of our infinite and eternal God and we don't even know it.

The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sure He DID !

Mat 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

He did not preach the cross. He peached the Gospel of the Kingdom.

Mark 1:14-15 New King James Version (NKJV)

14 Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.”

Prizebeatz1

Prize, do you know something? I do agree with you.

Jesus is symbolism for the soul. It's not meant to be taken literally. The soul is one with infinity and eternity which is the spaciousness we feel when we let go of ALL beliefs. We unconsciously judge that spaciousness as bad and avoid it like the plague because we keep biting the forbidden fruit of judgement. The real Gospel message is that we are one with God because of the soul.

Prizebeatz1

Symbolism for the soul. Once we become aware of our true identity we no longer have to identity with the personality and its sinfulness.

dodge

Symbolism for the soul. Once we become aware of our true identity we no longer have to identity with the personality and its sinfulness.

Jo 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1Jo 1:10
If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

dodge

He did not preach the cross. He peached the Gospel of the Kingdom.

Mark 1:14-15 New King James Version (NKJV)

14 Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.”

If the point of saying Jesus did not preach the cross which He surely did is to make Paul preaching something brand new scripture does NOT bear that out.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If the point of saying Jesus did not preach the cross which He surely did is to make Paul preaching something brand new scripture does NOT bear that out.

The scriptures specifically say that Jesus preached the Kingdom of God not the cross.

dodge

The scriptures specifically say that Jesus preached the Kingdom of God not the cross.

And how does one enter the kingdom of God ? answer= through the cross.

Jesus preached the cross , sorry you cannot receive that.

Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And how does one enter the kingdom of God ? answer= through the cross.

Jesus preached the cross , sorry you cannot receive that.

The Gospel of the Kingdom is a Gospel of repentance not the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. The following is the Gospel f the Kingdom.

Acts 2:38 New King James Version (NKJV)

38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

No death, burial and resurrection here.

dodge

Bright Raven;4690495]The Gospel of the Kingdom is a Gospel of repentance not the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. The following is the Gospel f the Kingdom.

Acts 2:38 New King James Version (NKJV)

38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

You first say the Gospel of the kingdom is the gospel of repentance then YOU quote A scripture that says to repent.

Without the Death burial and resurrection repentance would be worthless.

dodge

Nope, What did John the Baptist preach. Was his not a ministry of repentance?

Can you NOT see that Jesus TOLD His disciples that His blood was the new testament in HIS blood ?

How was Jesus' blood shed= the cross

Paul preached NOTHING new !

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Can you NOT see that Jesus TOLD His disciples that His blood was the new testament in HIS blood ?

How was Jesus' blood shed= the cross

Paul preached NOTHING new !

Then what was their fear of Him going to the cross if they understood. When He went to the cross they were ready to go back fishing. They did not come to understand until after His post-resurrection appearances.

dodge

Then what was their fear of Him going to the cross if they understood. When He went to the cross they were ready to go back fishing. They did not come to understand until after His post-resurrection appearances.

I am not saying that truth was not withheld by God, but Jesus did tell them of His impending Crucifixion whether they understood it or not.....Paul preached nothing that Jesus had not already told them.

Jhn 2:19
Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am not saying that truth was not withheld by God, but Jesus did tell them of His impending Crucifixion whether they understood it or not.....Paul preached nothing that Jesus had not already told them.

Jhn 2:19
Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

He spoke of it yes, preached it, no. To what crowd and where?