Dee Dee, convert me to preterism! (HOF thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dee Dee Warren

Dear Gavin:

I too highly recommend those articles. They are good presentations of an opposing view.

D

Dee Dee Warren

Dear Solly:

DD, I have come to have a gander as requested.

Thank you!

I have to admit here and now that this is THE sticking point for me, and until I have had time to look into it in depth, I am unable to progress further. There is a very good case made here, but cognitive dissonance hinders me from jumping straight in and saying THIS IS IT.

Hey that is emminently fair and one of the better answers that I have got thus far. You know that I am looking for a good and straightforward rebuttal that actually interacts with the verses I brought forward instead of just brining in other verses to create a contradictory mess without harmonization. No one has yet been able to do that... but I appreciate that you do not want to shoot from the hip. That is way cool.

Now onto the philosophical postmill stuff I posted, well a lot of lot is subjective, and thus not really appropos for "debate." It is an accurate description of how I have personally experienced a worldview shift, but I understan your differing point of view.

But....

Re the previous post, this is the position I hold at the moment. All previous ages - the Ante-Diluvian, the Sodom-Gomorran (if one can call it an age), the Egyptian thralldom, the end of the kingdom of Israel, and the end of the Jewish order in 70ad ended in misery, wrath and judgment. It is my expectation that this world will end also in such a way.

I am sure you can appreciate that I deny that this age will end in such a way, and that has to in some way make an impact on my outlook? See, that is what preterism has done for me, it has removed all the inevitable really nasty stuff to the past. While we may certaining, and certianly will, encounter future nasty stuff, it is not inevitable to fulfill prophecy.

Status
Not open for further replies.