ECT Dear wolves/wolf-ette's, children of the devil, Cain, Jr.'s,: What sins?

God's Truth

You said, we have to do what Jesus says to do. Why not open up a thread with the list of things that we can know exactly what "Jesus says to do"?

Open up your Bible and search. Jesus says we have to search. If I do all the searching for you, then you are not searching and will not find. I could see how my posting everything would help you and others, IF you didn't have a Bible. Asking me to post is a way of searching, but again, you have a Bible; therefore, I do not believe your request is an honest request for help.

God's Truth

So, you're going to continue to tell everyone they have to do what "Jesus says to do", but you're not going to tell them what it is He "says to do". Why are you here?

…unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 5:32.

…unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.

…unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart; Matthew 18:35.

…unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.

… unless they are born of water and the Spirit; John 3:5.

Unless I wash you, you have no part with me; John 13:8.

…unless it dies; 1 Corinthians 15:36.

...if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you; Matthew 6:14

...if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins; Matthew 6:15

...If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples;
John 8:31

...if you do them you will be blessed; John 13:17

If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love; John 15:10

...if you do what I command you are my friends; John 15:14

...if we obey His commands---we may know that we know Him; 1 John 2:3

...and more.

Danoh

What an ignorant thing to say about me. I put a lot of time, thought, and feeling into my time on TOL.

Not that I agree with your views - I don't.

Nevertheless, I hear you.

All I can say is to consider using such moments as an opportuny to look at such responses from the perspective of a passage like...

2 Corinthians 12:15's "And I will very gladly spend and be spent for you; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I be loved."

God's Truth

Not that I agree with your views - I don't.

Nevertheless, I hear you.

All I can say is to consider using such moments as an opportuny to look at such responses from the perspective of a passage like...

2 Corinthians 12:15's "And I will very gladly spend and be spent for you; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I be loved."

Very good scripture, glad you posted it.

God's Truth

But not truth. Only yesterday you refused to say how you know which red letter commands apply to us and which do not. Yet at the same time, you judge people for not obeying the red letters as you think they should.

You are not speaking the truth.

I have posted what we are to do many times.

It is you who refuses to tell us what we have to do that Jesus says.

You refuse to tell me.

I do not judge anyone. You are the false judge.

You say so yourself that you do not obey what Jesus says when he walked the earth---and you say I judged you as not doing as he says! hahahaha

heir

TOL Subscriber
…unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 5:32.

…unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.

…unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart; Matthew 18:35.

…unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.

… unless they are born of water and the Spirit; John 3:5.

Unless I wash you, you have no part with me; John 13:8.

…unless it dies; 1 Corinthians 15:36.

...if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you; Matthew 6:14

...if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins; Matthew 6:15

...If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples;
John 8:31

...if you do them you will be blessed; John 13:17

If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love; John 15:10

...if you do what I command you are my friends; John 15:14

...if we obey His commands---we may know that we know Him; 1 John 2:3

...and more.
None of those things have anything to do with the gospel of our salvation. Some are even contrary to it. Where did the Lord tell us to do any of it?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
None of those things have anything to do with the gospel of our salvation. Some are even contrary to it. Where did the Lord tell us to do any of it?

You speak untruthful about Jesus words.

As a Madist you do not believe you should do anything Jesus commanded as you make no claim to be one of His disciples.

You also make no claim to be in covenant with God through Jesus blood.

So what in the world makes you think you have anything to do with God at all?

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
You speak untruthful about Jesus words.
The Lord's earthly ministry has nothing to do with us (Matthew 15:24 KJV, Romans 15:8 KJV)

As a Madist you do not believe you should do anything Jesus commanded as you make no claim to be one of His disciples.
As a saved, Bible believer I recognize that while all of the Bible is for our learning, it's not all to us or about us.

You also make no claim to be in covenant with God through Jesus blood.
The Lord never made a covenant with anyone in the dispensation of the grace of God. We are partakers of Christ by the gospel, not by covenant (Ephesians 2:11-13 KJV, Ephesians 3:6 KJV).

So what in the world makes you think you have anything to do with God at all?
1 Corinthians 1:21 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:16-21 KJV

What makes you think you do having never trusted Him believing the gospel of your salvation?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What makes you think you do having never trusted Him believing the gospel of your salvation?

Of course I have, but that is the way you defend your unbelief in Jesus words.

Mat 10:38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
Mat 10:39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
Mat 10:40 He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Luk 9:26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

LA

musterion

LA, another co-salvationist.

*LA arrives at Pearly Gates, puts cross down with a relieved sigh*

"Okay Lord, I did my part. Open up!"

musterion

The logic is, if one did successfully carry his cross (whatever that would even mean for a grace age Gentile), the result would have to be God owing him salvation because he earned it.

God's Truth

Paul does not nullify Jesus' words.

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.