Dear Gun Culture: THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE WROUGHT

Granite

Hall of Fame
I guess we are "two ships passing each other in the night....?".

Not really, but...okay.:chuckle:

What I am saying is that ranting and raving doesn't accomplish anything!. Factual statements about a specific situation will address what has happened, possible causes and possible solutions.

Well I haven't made anything up.

I resent you saying that I say "stuff happens, etc"!

That's what you seem to be implying.

If that were my stance I wouldn't bother posting on TOL and getting indigestion dealing with your snide and patronizing remarks.

You barely really "post" anymore, bybee.

I am no longer going to speak with you.

Good. That does both of us a favor.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
wow you know the answer ... so why ask

ill bother to answer it could happen, but to my knowledge it has never happened.

]

all within the last 12 months, found in a 30 second google saerch.

but there no problem, no issue, its all acceptable, because tomO likes owning a gun.

That is the bottom line ist, you don't give a monkeys, because you just like owning a gun because it makes you feel macho.
There will always be idiots!
How many idiots do you imagine were killed in auto accidents last year? I am positive, without looking, there were far more idiot related auto fatalities than gun fatalities. Why not use your logic and ban cars?

My idea would be to ban idiots, not guns or cars.

Monkeys. You mention monkeys? You are the one who has the monkey avatar. I assume you are also an idiot who should not own a car, or a gun. The reason, you are too prone to act out and hurt someone because it is in your nature to monkey around. In the Middle-Ages, you would have been a Monk!

Macho? We all know too well why you hate that word, or its connotation. :flamer:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
i am confident that my guns at home are sitting there quietly, not killing anybody

Granite

Hall of Fame
How many idiots do you imagine were killed in auto accidents last year? I am positive, without looking, there were far more idiot related auto fatalities than gun fatalities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_..._by_year#Motor_vehicle_deaths_in_U.S._by_year

32,719 auto fatalities in 2013.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/12/gun-violence-car-deaths-charts

So the answer is "cars, barely."

Why not use your logic and ban cars?

This would hold water if both were designed specifically to kill.

Just as simple as that. A "ban the idiots" bill.:yawn:

This Charming Manc

There will always be idiots!
How many idiots do you imagine were killed in auto accidents last year? I am positive, without looking, there were far more idiot related auto fatalities than gun fatalities. Why not use your logic and ban cars?

lol i know this but I haven't been bothered to check, there is approx 30,000 car deaths and gun deaths each year in the stats, about 7,000 gun homicides I don't know how many car homicides.

How do you plan to ban idiots?

Monkeys. You mention monkeys? You are the one who has the monkey avatar. I assume you are also an idiot who should not own a car, or a gun. The reason, you are too prone to act out and hurt someone because it is in your nature to monkey around. In the Middle-Ages, you would have been a Monk!

So your argument relates to personal insults now, care to address the point of the child getting shot by another child?

Macho? We all know too well why you hate that word, or its connotation. :flamer:

I didn't know accepting a situation where children get shot as normal is a sign of being macho? care to address the point or do you just want insult people ?

This Charming Manc

i am confident that my guns at home are sitting there quietly, not killing anybody

Good for you, but the law that puts safe guns in your home also puts so many guns in your society that 11 year old use them to shoot 7 year olds.

Your not to blame, but are the guns safely in your home worth that price?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
I can [argue against gun buy back programs]. It's implying that guns are the problem, not the people who possess evil intentions (Aaron wants to put yet another band aid over a cancer).

A gun buyback program in, let's say, Baltimore or Detroit or Los Angeles isn't a good idea?

Tell me why it isn't, especially in a high gun crime, inner city setting...

Again, ownership of guns isn't the problem. If you do some research you'll find that the cities with huge violent crime rates have the strictest gun control laws. I just read where San Francisco's one and only gun shop is closing (due to political pressure), yet the murder rate in SF has skyrocketed.

Conservatives always get a good laugh when Seattle has a gun buy back program; the only ones turning in guns are little old ladies whose deceased husband left a 12 gauge shotgun behind and she didn't know what to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Thanks for flying your liberal colors Aaron.

You don't think there are too many guns on the streets and in the hands of gang members and other people who have no business carrying?

I look past the superficial problem (guns in the hands of criminals) and acknowledge why these people are criminals (our Godless society).

You support gun control, everyone does. Hopefully what level of control may be effective can actually be discussed without trying to score "liberal" or "conservative" 'battle' points.

I'll let you know when you can speak for me Aaron.

Maybe you should go back to your pet thread and let the adults talk.

If you could get your mind off of homosexuality for a moment, perhaps you could address what you meant by this:

Quote: Originally posted by WizardofOz
The 2nd Ammendment isn't going away....

You do realize that the purpose behind the 2nd Amendment was to thwart tyrannical governments don't you?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is just....beyond sick.

And what is more sick is that it is simply the natural result of what the NRA, their pocketed politicians, and a brainwashed, brutal percentage of the American population have built.

11-year-old ‘bully’ murdered 8-year-old neighbor with a shotgun after dispute over puppy

Liberals think the answer to crime is more regulations when they have had their way with piling on rules for hundreds of years, leading to the situations they describe with such horror. They cause the things they cry about and then demand more of what they have been doing insanely believing that the solution lies in proceeding exactly as they have been for decades.

The answer is the proper enforcement of fundamental laws, but liberals hate such concepts.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Car accidents kill more than 35,000 people in the United States each year. On average, there's one car accident death reported every 12 minutes.
Gun deaths are rising because there has been a 28% increase in firearm suicides. But non-firearm suicides increased even faster (56%) –something is causing suicides generally to rise.
Despite your claim, domestic violence simply doesn’t account for a large share of gun deaths — only 3% of gun deaths in 2012 involved murders of immediate or extended family members.
No wonder liberals want physician assisted suicide. then less will kill themselves with s gun

Granite

Hall of Fame
Car accidents kill more than 35,000 people in the United States each year. On average, there's one car accident death reported every 12 minutes.
Gun deaths are rising because there has been a 28% increase in firearm suicides. But non-firearm suicides increased even faster (56%) –something is causing suicides generally to rise.
Despite your claim, domestic violence simply doesn’t account for a large share of gun deaths — only 3% of gun deaths in 2012 involved murders of immediate or extended family members.
No wonder liberals want physician assisted suicide. then less will kill themselves with s gun

Again: The comparison only works if you actually believe automobiles are intended as weapons. (You might also remember the considerable regulations and restrictions in place for the auto industry if you want to keep going with the analogy.)

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Gun control increases violence. We all know who is doing all the killing with guns, the inner city gangs! They are the biggest group of gin killers in America.
Gun bans and strict gun control don’t really prevent gun violence. Take, for example, Illinois and California. In 2013, there were 5,782 murders by handgun in the U.S. According to FBI data, 20 percent of those — 1,157 of the 5,782 handgun murders — happened in Illinois and California, which have two of the toughest state gun control regimes in the entire country. And even though California and Illinois contain about 16 percent of the nation’s population, those two states are responsible for over 20 percent of the nation’s handgun murders.
Chicago is a perfect example of the total failure of gun controllers to prevent gun violence. Until recently, the city basically banned any and all transfers or sales of handguns. It was virtually impossible to get a concealed carry permit. Did that do anything to stem the tide of gun-related bloodshed? Of course not. Chicago was the murder capital of the U.S. in 2012.

In 2013, however, Chicago’s murder rate fell to its lowest level in 48 years. What could have possibly led to such a drastic change? This might help explain it.
Gun owners in the nation’s third-largest city will no longer have to register their firearms with the local authorities, ending a policy that has helped the police track guns here for decades.

Chicago’s City Council voted to make the change on Wednesday, modifying the municipal code to comply with a new state law that will make Illinois the last in the nation to allow people to carry concealed weapons in public. While the city’s strict bans on assault weapons and gun dealers remain, the loss of control over its own registry, in effect since 1968, was another setback for gun control proponents — this time in President Obama’s hometown, in a state run by Democrats.
The 2013 law passed by the Chicago city council didn’t just kill the city’s gun registry. More important, it also removed a ban on gun possession outside the home, a much-needed change that finally gave law-abiding citizens the ability to protect themselves throughout the city. And earlier that year, the state legislature in Illinois finally passed a law allowing lawful citizens to carry concealed weapons to protect themselves.

Will this stop hang violence, not likely

WizardofOz

Again, ownership of guns isn't the problem.

Obviously it can be depending on who owns them. Do you want criminals to own guns? People with mental or rage issues? Convicted felons?

If you do some research you'll find that the cities with huge violent crime rates have the strictest gun control laws. I just read where San Francisco's one and only gun shop is closing (due to political pressure), yet the murder rate in SF has skyrocketed.

Really?
Spoiler
murdersanfrancisco19992011.PNG

And for 2014: Crime rates in San Francisco decreased in 2014 compared to the previous year

- There was also an 11.76 percent decrease in the number of homicides by firearm, down from 34 to 30.

Assuming that San Francisco's homicide rate continues at the current average of one slaying every 7.3 days, the city should expect one of its highest murder rates in years: After a lengthy period at an annual rate that ranged between 85-100, murders in SF dropped to 45 victims in 2009, 48 in 2010, 50 in 2011, 68 in 2012, 48 in 2013, and 45 last year.

That's 30 through August 7th

Yet, I only count 33 through the beginning of this month...

:idea: Guess what? That puts SF on track for about 44 in 2015. Same as last year.

Show me the "skyrocket"

Conservatives always get a good laugh when Seattle has a gun buy back program; the only ones turning in guns are little old ladies whose deceased husband left a 12 gauge shotgun behind and she didn't know what to do with it.

Probably better than having her sell it on Craigslist or giving it to her inexperienced grandson or neighbor.

I look past the superficial problem (guns in the hands of criminals) and acknowledge why these people are criminals (our Godless society).

Guns in the hands of criminals is a "superficial problem". You heard it here, folk. :hammer:

I'll let you know when you can speak for me Aaron.

Should felons be able to own guns? What about someone just released from a mental health facility? When you were released was it probably better that you were not carrying, at least until you got your head right?

If you could get your mind off of homosexuality for a moment

:rotfl:

If you actually meant to be funny there, good one.

Quote: Originally posted by WizardofOz
The 2nd Ammendment isn't going away....

You do realize that the purpose behind the 2nd Amendment was to thwart tyrannical governments don't you?

There's still more than enough firearms to go around. But, the little old lady you mentioned before probably won't be joining your local militia, will she?

Quetzal

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, considering how many times he shoots himself in the foot he'd be more at risk than anyone else he might aim at...

Perhaps you could answer this question for me Art:

With England having a population of around 53 million, why is it that you and your fellow Brits constantly use England as some kind of role model for the United States, which has a population of around 321 million?

I could accumulate the population of various US states that have loose gun laws to match that of England's population and show that your country's crime rate is astronomically high.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Who does the killing? Idiots! Will gun bans stop them, no, they like killing each other, and will choose to kill more without guns because knives and bats make for a better fight.

Quetzal

when you take into account murders with non-categorized types of guns, it does not change the fact that their annual reports consistently show more lives are taken each year with these blunt objects
http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...hammers-and-clubs-each-year-than-with-rifles/
You understand why they are using "rifles" right? There are using a specific class of firearm to skew the data to the point that it is misleading. Sure, they might outnumber rifles, but do they outnumber firearms? I highly doubt it.