Daily Beast says we are in a new, post-homophobic Christianity

bybee

Sure, since you have spoken to a few that gives you the authority of opinion over all of them.

The Berean is a very centered poster. He doesn't lose his perspective. He is not claiming authority of "opinion over all of them". He is merely making an observation.
A Bible believer knows what God has clearly stated about homosexual behavior.
But, also, if one knows anything about basic biology one knows that homosexual behavior is aberrant behavior and against nature.
I learned that anywhere from 2% to 15% of the world's population is born with an attraction to the same sex. (in college classes)
It is apparently genetic but can also be modeled and learned.
I do not wish to judge others. I leave them to Heaven.

Quetzal

The Berean is a very centered poster. He doesn't lose his perspective. He is not claiming authority of "opinion over all of them". He is merely making an observation.
He is also a big boy and can take care of himself. Doesn't need you to be apologetic for him.

A Bible believer knows what God has clearly stated about homosexual behavior.
Wrong, it's what the author whose work was published in the Bible has stated about homosexual behavior.

But, also, if one knows anything about basic biology one knows that homosexual behavior is aberrant behavior and against nature.
I learned that anywhere from 2% to 15% of the world's population is born with an attraction to the same sex. (in college classes)
It is apparently genetic but can also be modeled and learned.
It is more complicated than that. But your lazy belief makes it easy for you to condemn someone who is different than you. God is great for that because He cannot be questioned. Nature also cannot be questioned which gives your prejudice a thin veil of authority. But when it boils down to it, you just think it's icky.

Daniel1611

I keep hearing preachers saying they love the homos, they don't want them to get married. ... Should thou help the ungodly or love those that hate the LORD?

bybee

He is also a big boy and can take care of himself. Doesn't need you to be apologetic for him.

Wrong, it's what the author whose work was published in the Bible has stated about homosexual behavior.

It is more complicated than that. But your lazy belief makes it easy for you to condemn someone who is different than you. God is great for that because He cannot be questioned. Nature also cannot be questioned which gives your prejudice a thin veil of authority. But when it boils down to it, you just think it's icky.

I'm not condemning anyone you moron! I am stating that I believe some behaviors are unbiblical and unnatural. Nature can be observed. And it is what it is. I am not telling you what to believe or not believe. I am stating my thoughts.

Tinark

I am stating that I believe some behaviors are unbiblical and unnatural.

Easy for someone to say whose nature is not to be attracted to the same sex! Try broadening your perspective outside your own limited nature and life.

Quetzal

I'm not condemning anyone you moron! I am stating that I believe some behaviors are unbiblical and unnatural. Nature can be observed. And it is what it is. I am not telling you what to believe or not believe. I am stating my thoughts.
I understand what you were doing, idiot. (See, isn't this fun?) I am stating your thoughts are harmful and stupid.

bybee

Easy for someone to say whose nature is not to be attracted to the same sex! Try broadening your perspective outside your own limited nature and life.

Again allow me to say. I believe some persons are born with an attraction to the same sex. I don't think it can be altered. I consider it to be an aberration outside the norm.
Beyond that I do not intrude on the private life another person.
My perspective is broad enough.

Aimiel

The majority of the believers in Christ support same sex marriage. You are part of the minority of believers in Christ who does not.
No, those who profess faith in Christ aren't His, simply because they use His Name. It is those who keep His Sayings who are His. Those who support same-sex relations (let alone: marriage) are NOT His, they're of the world, like yourself. The difference between good and evil is clear, but compromise with evil is never good. The world will now have to deal with the aftermath of this decision. Who is to say that limiting a 'marriage' to two people is right? What about Man-Boy-Love? What about those who want to have a handicap, but were born whole? What about those who want to commit sacrifice of a human to their god? These are small steps towards complete chaos. Woe unto the people who call good: evil and evil: good. It's a very slippery slope.

Aimiel

The End of Morality in America

The End of Morality in America

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Aimiel

I only want Christians to remember to keep their love for God, fellow-Christians and the sinner hot...

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows. Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Daniel1611

I dont love homos. I'm just throwing that out there because there are always Christians telling me I have to love everyone. So I tell them to read the Bible. I shall not love those that hate the LORD

Tinark

I only want Christians to remember to keep their love for God, fellow-Christians and the sinner hot...

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows. Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

You could be part of the deception. There is no way to tell. Your God is completely absent to settle the matter.

Tinark

I dont love homos. I'm just throwing that out there because there are always Christians telling me I have to love everyone. So I tell them to read the Bible. I shall not love those that hate the LORD

"Love thy neighbor"

The cool thing about religion is that you can always find verses and a way to interpret them to support every side of an opinion. It's what makes certain religions so popular. It's a buffet and everyone picks what they like. You don't like gays, so you focus on those verses using the particular human interpretation that suits you.

Daniel1611

"Love thy neighbor"

The cool thing about religion is that you can always find verses to support every side of an opinion. It's what makes certain religions so popular. It's a buffet and everyone picks what they like. You don't like gays, so you focus on those verses.

I don't have any homo neighbors. I dont love those that hate the LORD and I will not allow atheist homos that dont even know Jesus to tell me what Jesus meant as so many if them do.

Some homo is always trying to tell me what the bible says when they dont know the LORD or His word

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
To be fair, polls are beginning to illustrate that you, and those who share your opinion, are becoming a minority...

That is to be expected.

"As it was when the flood came, it will be again when Jesus returns. Men will be marrying and giving in marriage--in other words not paying attention to spiritual matters (Lk 17:26-30). Will God find faith on the earth when Jesus comes to judge mankind? Lk 18:8. The bad news is that the answer to Jesus' rhetorical questions is no--he will not (Ex 23:2, Mt 7:14). But, the good news is that many people will be saved during the Great Tribulation period (Re 7:13-14)..." Full text: If God created all thing in 6 days and rested on the 7th was all life created in those 6 days...

Quetzal

That is to be expected.

"As it was when the flood came, it will be again when Jesus returns. Men will be marrying and giving in marriage--in other words not paying attention to spiritual matters (Lk 17:26-30). Will God find faith on the earth when Jesus comes to judge mankind? Lk 18:8. The bad news is that the answer to Jesus' rhetorical questions is no--he will not (Ex 23:2, Mt 7:14). But, the good news is that many people will be saved during the Great Tribulation period (Re 7:13-14)..." Full text: If God created all thing in 6 days and rested on the 7th was all life created in those 6 days...
Are you capable of original, critical thought? Or is quoting scripture all you are good for?

bybee

Are you capable of original, critical thought? Or is quoting scripture all you are good for?

She has a right to use Scripture to represent her thought. I believe that is a good thing.
You are a nasty piece of work. Apparently if someone disagrees with you they are malicious, stupid, arrogant, out of touch, etc.
This is a place for dialogue.
Whilst civility may be, at times, over-rated, still, one ought to at least try it....

GFR7

She has a right to use Scripture to represent her thought. I believe that is a good thing.
You are a nasty piece of work. Apparently if someone disagrees with you they are malicious, stupid, arrogant, out of touch, etc.
This is a place for dialogue.
Whilst civility may be, at times, over-rated, still, one ought to at least try it....
I second that.