Daily Beast says we are in a new, post-homophobic Christianity

Tinark

I said the pic was offensive. Do you disagree.

I+m+offended_f2f242_3869889.jpg

bybee

The majority of the believers in Christ support same sex marriage. You are part of the minority of believers in Christ who does not.

Whilst I support freedom to choose I do not support same sex marriage. The law may grant any variety of civil unions. So be it.
But marriage is between one man and one woman.

Quetzal

Whilst I support freedom to choose I do not support same sex marriage. The law may grant any variety of civil unions. So be it.
But marriage is between one man and one woman.
Right, and the point is that you are in an ever shrinking minority.

GFR7

Protection from what? What do you need protection from?
Take a stab in the dark......:think: Maybe I can help: Um, the encroachment on the natural and biological family; from the attack on centuries-proven tradition; from group-think which allows no dissent. Just to name a few. ;) ....

Quetzal

Take a stab in the dark......:think: Maybe I can help: Um, the encroachment on the natural and biological family; from the attack on centuries-proven tradition; from group-think which allows no dissent. Just to name a few. ;) ....
Nature is a big boy, he can take care of himself. As far as traditions, they are dated and unnecessary. You can sit in a corner and cry yourself to sleep while you play the victim card if you want to. The rest of us have other, more important things to do.

GFR7

Nature is a big boy, he can take care of himself. As far as traditions, they are dated and unnecessary. You can sit in a corner and cry yourself to sleep while you play the victim card if you want to. The rest of us have other, more important things to do.
Well, I don't. :AMR1:

Daniel1611

We do have a Christianity where 95% of pastors didn't want to talk about homos untill the marriage ruling came down . it's the church's fault that there's homo marriage and homos in church. By and large, we sat by and said nothing. Now there's sour grapes. Quit buying Joel Osteen books who has hundreds of homos in his church. Quit listening to people with no backbone to preach the Bible.

The Berean

That some "Christians" support homosexual marriage is not so surprising. I've spoken to some these of people and a common trait is Biblical illiteracy and a lack is spiritual discernment. I suspect if you poll these "Christians" you will find that they hardly ever read the Bible and lack a strong prayer life.

Last edited:

Quetzal

That some "Christians" support homosexual marriage is not so surpriding. I've spoken to some these of people and a common trait is Biblical illiteracy and a lack is spiritual discernment. I suspect if you poll these "Christians" you will find that they hardly ever read the Bible and lack a strong prayer life.
Sure, since you have spoken to a few that gives you the authority of opinion over all of them.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Even if they ([Ex 20:14] heterosexual [Lev. 20:10–12] or homosexual [Lev. 20:10,13]) could get the whole world to agree with them, they'd still be wrong (1 Jn 4:4).

The wickedness of Sodom was notorious (Gen. 13:13).

Homosexuality is: forbidden (Lev. 18:22), considered an abomination (1 Kin. 14:24), punishment for (Lev. 20:13), unclean (Rom. 1:24, 26, 27). :vomit:

The Berean

Sure, since you have spoken to a few that gives you the authority of opinion over all of them.

Like I said the ones I have spoken to lack Biblical literacy and spiritual discernment. The Bible says that some believers will fall prey to ungodly philosophies and ideas. That's why a thorough grounding in the Bible and spiritual discernment is vital in the Christian life. I didn't understand this until I was 30 years old. I was an agnostic/atheist in my 20's.