Creationism is not a science and hasn't contributed to science

genuineoriginal

It only honestly covered creationism. Anybody with half a brain can figure out that evolutionary theory has contributed a great deal to science and to our technology and pharmaceuticals in existence today

Yes, only people with half a brain think that evolutionary theory has contributed anything to science.

Jose Fly

Jose... its called quote mining ..."The repeated use of quotes out of context in order to skew or contort the meaning of a passage"

Yeah, I've been around creationists long enough to know what quote mining is.

Here is the complete quote..As you know... evolutionism and creationism are beliefs about the past and don't contribute anything to science... Actually, it can be argued that evolutionism has harmed medical progress in some situations with evolutionists making false assumptions based on their belief system.

Yes, and that's exactly what I linked to in the OP and have since discussed. To reiterate...

You and I both agree that creationism is a belief and not a science, and doesn't contribute anything to science. That's what the OP was about.

You also believe the same about evolution. I disagree, and point to the fact that evolution is, and has been for over 150 years, the central framework for the life sciences, as well as the various discoveries and innovations that result from the evolutionary framework (e.g., discerning genetic function, and the OP in the elephant thread).

So no quote mining or distortion on my part. I didn't alter anything you posted, nor did I misrepresent it in any way.

Now, back to the topic at hand. :up:

Eric h

???????? Where did I do anything like that at all? :idunno:

You guys are kinda struggling with this, aren't you? One of your own has given up the game and admitted that creationism isn't science and hasn't contributed to science, and some of you creationists don't know what to do with that.

This is fun. :chuckle:

Evolution is not a big deal one way or the other, I really believe that if it happened, it would need the guiding hand of God. Life is too complex for evolution to be a total explanation of life. There is lots of guess work as to how life begun, but no science to prove it

Our universe is here today, meaning that something had to come from nothing, or something had no beginning, science cannot offer an explanation, it defies logic.

Evolution adds no meaning or purpose to my life, God does, and there is no science of God.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:)
I hope everyone checks your link!

Which would be more easily rendered as:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4485775#post4485775

When posting links, best not to use the form:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4485775&postcount=65

When you get to that link, a stand alone post (#65), rather than using it always click the thread title immediately above it. That link shows the entire thread in context for the particular post in context, versus just a single post.

View attachment 20522
[click to enlarge]

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:)
I hope everyone checks your link!
Me, too!

The post is more effectively rendered as:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4485775#post4485775

When posting links, best not to use the form:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4485775&postcount=65

When you get to that link, a stand alone post (#65), rather than using it always click the thread title immediately above it (see pix below). That thread title link shows the entire thread in context for the particular post, versus just a link to a single post. This way the less than technically savvy user is not stuck on a page wondering what else has been said about the topic at hand and how to escape the page.

View attachment 20522
[click to enlarge]

AMR

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
I do too, because it's good to know that at the very least, we've agreed to the fact that creationism is a belief, not science, and hasn't contributed anything to science.
What has Charles Darwin contributed to science other than ideas from other people? Origin of The Species is total junk.

Last edited:

jzeidler

Creationism is not a science and hasn't contributed to science

Sure, he also claimed the same about evolution. But given how his claim about evolution is directly contradicted by the data, it's not worth a thing. OTOH, since his claim about creationism is consistent with the data and we both agree to it, it's worth a bit more.

So there's no belief in evolution?

How did the Big Bang happen?
How did nothing explode into everything? And why?
How did life come from non-life?
Why is there music?
Why do humans find things beautiful?
Why is there morality?

I can keep going. But I think this suffices to show that there is belief in evolution and that evolution doesn't explain much.

Jose Fly

Evolution is not a big deal one way or the other, I really believe that if it happened, it would need the guiding hand of God. Life is too complex for evolution to be a total explanation of life.

Do you believe God guided evolution to create complex things like the smallpox virus, ebola, and the malaria parasite?

There is lots of guess work as to how life begun, but no science to prove it

Do you understand how there's a lot of gray area between "guess work" and "completely proven"?

Our universe is here today, meaning that something had to come from nothing, or something had no beginning, science cannot offer an explanation, it defies logic.

Yes it does. Read the latest work from Stephen Hawking.

Jose Fly

So there's no belief in evolution?

How did the Big Bang happen?
How did nothing explode into everything? And why?
How did life come from non-life?
Why is there music?
Why do humans find things beautiful?
Why is there morality?

I can keep going. But I think this suffices to show that there is belief in evolution and that evolution doesn't explain much.

Um.........yeah. When you get anywhere near a coherent point, let us know. :rolleyes:

jeffblue101

That's right....creationism is just a belief, not a science, and hasn't contributed anything to science. Now, before any of you creationists get upset at me for saying this, you should know that 6days is the one who said it.

CLICK HERE

I guess we found something we can agree on! :up:

If you are not quote mining then do you agree with his justification that "beliefs about the past and don't contribute anything to science"?

jeffblue101

Do you believe God guided evolution to create complex things like the smallpox virus, ebola, and the malaria parasite?

since you labeled me a tribalist, plz clarify how your leading question is not an argument for neo Darwinian evolution being atheistic.

Jose Fly

If you are not quote mining then do you agree with his justification that "beliefs about the past and don't contribute anything to science"?

??????????? I don't think 6days said beliefs about the past contribute nothing to science. If he did, he's even more delusional than I thought.

plz clarify how your leading question is not an argument for neo Darwinian evolution being atheistic.

It is an argument for non-theistic evolution...not a scientific one (it's philosophical), but an argument nonetheless.

Interplanner

That's right....creationism is just a belief, not a science, and hasn't contributed anything to science. Now, before any of you creationists get upset at me for saying this, you should know that 6days is the one who said it.

CLICK HERE

I guess we found something we can agree on! :up:

There are people who come across as creationists as though the only thing they have in support is a belief. That is not what I'm referring to. Every day we walk in a setting that is extremely fine-tuned for our existence, and for which the improbability of its existence as such is almost infinite. That is the evidence. "In Him, we live, move and have our being"--ancient Greek poet, Acts 17.

The US Constitution is based on rights endowed by our Creator. Given the fact that the more the international Left and Islam show themselves to be abject failures, and everyone wants to be someplace in or like the US, it is an enormous success, based on a direct, personal connection to our Creator.