Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
MichaelCadry,
re: "He did it so that everyone would have a 'choice."

Does He know what choice the person will make before He creates the person?

Dear rstrats,

That is something that I don't know. You'd have to take it up with Him, once you meet Him.

Praise The Lord,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hope, as I said, is a state of mind, not something for you in your ignorance to deem by whom and where it can be applied.

Thanks, good luck with yours too Stripe.
I rather like to think (hope?) that since I probably came from oblivion into this life, then perhaps that has happened many times before, perhaps in an infinite number of universes.
That would beat sitting on a cloud eternally plucking a harp in my book.:thumb:

Dear alwight,

No one said you would graduate to playing the harp in Heaven. There will be tons of other things to do. We are told that life will be wonderful there with God and Jesus, and that we would not need the light of the Sun or Moon to provide light, for God and Jesus will instead be our light. This is literal. Jesus said, before He left this Earth, that He would not drink of the fruit of the vine, until He drank it again with His disciples in Heaven. So we will celebrate life definitely. See Rev. 21:23KJV and Rev. 22:5KJV. Please alwight, consider grasping that winner's brass ring when it comes, thereby reassuring that you will have a place in Heaven. Don't keep worrying about dying by remaining in the pit. You're better than that!! I guess you feel like you don't want to let your friends down but would you rather go down with them, or instead rise above it all, literally. Jesus said, "In my Father's House {Heaven/the Universe} are many mansions {stars, planets, galaxies} From what I understand, it will be the planet Venus. I can definitely explain that later to be fact. If it were not so, I would not tell you this. But I go to prepare a place for you...{His disciples}. His followers also. We shall be without bad thoughts, like 'there is no God or Son of God.' That's just for starters. It is written that we shall see His face and abide with Him. See Rev. 22:4KJV. It is your LACK of knowing CERTAIN things that you don't know all of the facts that concern the matter of God and Heaven. Join the WINNING SIDE, Alwight!! Okay, Alan, I'm posting to you last today and I'm gonna go to sleep. God Be With You In Your Decisions Always!! He And You Can Do It!!!

I Pray, In Jesus' Name, So Be It,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Lon,

Jesus tells us, "To him that overcometh, I will give him the 'Morning Star,' even as I received it from my Father (God). See Rev. 2:28KJV. See Rev. 22:16, 'I {Jesus} am the bright and morning star.'

Thanks for getting me to post this. Read it and make your decisions.

May God Bless Us All, We Sure Could Use It!!

Michael

Lon

Dear Lon,

Jesus tells us, "To him that overcometh, I will give him the 'Morning Star,' even as I received it from my Father (God). See Rev. 2:28KJV. See Rev. 22:16, 'I {Jesus} am the bright and morning star.'

Thanks for getting me to post this. Read it and make your decisions.

May God Bless Us All, We Sure Could Use It!!

Michael

Jamie Gigliotti

Hope, as I said, is a state of mind, not something for you in your ignorance to deem by whom and where it can be applied.

Thanks, good luck with yours too Stripe.
I rather like to think (hope?) that since I probably came from oblivion into this life, then perhaps that has happened many times before, perhaps in an infinite number of universes.

How about the most perfect love shared in the most perfect paradise imaginable.
I know you are not anti-love, or anti-paradise.

DavisBJ

No. The truth test you used was "how popular is the idea." That's demonstrably a bad metric.

The first question to be asked is "can truth be determined" (by any metric)? Just so you know, I answer "yes" to that without hesitation. It's a simple question that I'm betting you cannot answer.
It sounds first like you are saying that I decide which side of an issue is true by how many people are on each side. And then you claim to be in possession of a genuine, fool-proof, guaranteed, good-housekeeping certified, money-back if not satisfied, crystal ball (or equivalent) that is a repository of all truth.

No, I am not concerned with popularity contests on deciding which side of an issue is correct. And you will have to understand my hesitation at buying into your claim about your “Cheerios box truth-o-meter”.

What I didn’t see was a simple, direct answer to my question, so let me try again: What yardstick do you use in determining what is true when there is a disagreement?

Lon

What I do know is that God has clearly stated that those who want to find Him, will.

That seems 1) empirical and 2) better than a roll of the dice, especially when one desires truth and dealing in realities. :think:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It sounds first like you are saying that I decide which side of an issue is true by how many people are on each side. And then you claim to be in possession of a genuine, fool-proof, guaranteed, good-housekeeping certified, money-back if not satisfied, crystal ball (or equivalent) that is a repository of all truth.

No, I am not concerned with popularity contests on deciding which side of an issue is correct. And you will have to understand my hesitation at buying into your claim about your “Cheerios box truth-o-meter”.

What I didn’t see was a simple, direct answer to my question, so let me try again: What yardstick do you use in determining what is true when there is a disagreement?

Dear DavisBJ,

Wow!! Still posting here, eh? Just because of you, Hedshaker isn't posting here anymore. I hope you are happy!! All you can do is count your flaws!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What I do know is that God has clearly stated that those who want to find Him, will.

That seems 1) empirical and 2) better than a roll of the dice, especially when one desires truth and dealing in realities. :think:

Yes, Lon is quite right! Those who seek God will find Him. God says He loves those who seek Him. I seek Him out all day and He does help me continuously!! Lon, you did understand my plug for Venus, right??

May God Always Light Your Path!!

Michael

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Alwight,

How are you doing? Haven't heard from you in a couple days. Hope that all is well with you and that you're hanging in there. I will try to PM you.

Warmest Regards & Cheerio, Matey!!

Michael

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It sounds first like you are saying that I decide which side of an issue is true by how many people are on each side.
That's what you said: "many fundamentalist ideas about what the Old Testament says are diametrically in opposition to the science that is routinely and successfully used and taught in every major university and industry in the world."

Popularity is a bad way to determine truth.

And then you claim to be in possession of a genuine, fool-proof, guaranteed, good-housekeeping certified, money-back if not satisfied, crystal ball (or equivalent) that is a repository of all truth.
Saying that truth can be possibly be determined is not equivalent to what you say here. This is the kind of stretching of the truth is the only thing you can do to keep your blind faith in common descent. You have never been able to have a rational conversation on the topic of common descent. You're nothing but a ball of emotion.

No, I am not concerned with popularity contests on deciding which side of an issue is correct.
Except you contradict yourself as just demonstrated.

And you will have to understand my hesitation at buying into your claim about your “Cheerios box truth-o-meter”.
Keep stretching the truth. You'll find its entirely malleable within your own mind.

Before you can answer that question, one would need to know if it is possible to determine truth (by any metric). Is it possible?

But just so you can exercise your fair play muscles, I'll answer your question so you can answer mine. We determine what is true by what is consistent within itself, what is coherent as a set ideas and/or events that follow one another, and by what has predictive power. Any of these things are weighed against the opposing idea to create a level of confidence in one side or the other.

I'm even going to predict what will happen. You will answer "yes" to my question, and you might even agree on my criteria for determining truth. Then we'll determine you throw all that out and rest your entire argument on consensus.

alwight

How exactly do you know that God has clearly stated anything?

My albeit speculative conclusions are based on known physics while yours requires a supernatural compliance to an afterlife based on how you would want it to be rather than perhaps how it really is.

Lon

How exactly do you know that God has clearly stated anything?
Jeremiah 29:13 It is empirical, as I've said. Necessarily, it must be tangible for everyone who seek Him.
My albeit speculative conclusions are based on known physics while yours requires a supernatural compliance to an afterlife based on how you would want it to be rather than perhaps how it really is.
I also, if I'm reading correctly, do not believe in relative truth. The road is narrow and few find it, but it is there. The promise is that diligent seekers will find it. IOW, if you want that road, it is to be had. While truth is not relative, a lot of truth is confirmation with bias. We don't seek what we don't want to know. We tend to find what we are looking for. God is also accomplishing His goals. -Lon Psalm 121:1

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's what you said: "many fundamentalist ideas about what the Old Testament says are diametrically in opposition to the science that is routinely and successfully used and taught in every major university and industry in the world."

Popularity is a bad way to determine truth.

Saying that truth can be possibly be determined is not equivalent to what you say here. This is the kind of stretching of the truth is the only thing you can do to keep your blind faith in common descent. You have never been able to have a rational conversation on the topic of common descent. You're nothing but a ball of emotion.

Except you contradict yourself as just demonstrated.

Keep stretching the truth. You'll find its entirely malleable within your own mind.

Before you can answer that question, one would need to know if it is possible to determine truth (by any metric). Is it possible?

But just so you can exercise your fair play muscles, I'll answer your question so you can answer mine. We determine what is true by what is consistent within itself, what is coherent as a set ideas and/or events that follow one another, and by what has predictive power. Any of these things are weighed against the opposing idea to create a level of confidence in one side or the other.

I'm even going to predict what will happen. You will answer "yes" to my question, and you might even agree on my criteria for determining truth. Then we'll determine you throw all that out and rest your entire argument on consensus.

Dear Yorzhik,

Quite an intriguing post!! You have a very cohesive mindset! Davis is lost in a world all his own. I don't see how he will end up in Heaven, but God knows. He keeps saying bad things about our Creator, Who he doubts created everything. He'd rather believe that it all was just there. Give me a break. What a stupid premise. Oh well, I think no matter what I say, Davis will still be ignorant of the facts that be.

Much Love, In Jesus Christ!!

Michael

Last edited:

DavisBJ

Just because of you, Hedshaker isn't posting here anymore. I hope you are happy!! All you can do is count your flaws!

what did you do to hedshaker ?
Good question. If you find out, let me know.

But more generally, ever since Mike made a blithering fool of himself at the end of last year with his failed rapture prophecy, he has been in desperate need of a scapegoat. I must be in his crosshairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.