Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

6days

alwight said:
Your ability to make rational conclusions from real facts and evidence is imo sadly lacking 6days. Sadly too it seems you are only interested in adherence to an ancient scripture literally, not in being led by evidence and reasoning.

Yes, guilty of adhering to the only source of absolute truth, God's Word.*

It is good to have evidence and use reasoning. (The Bible commands it).*

However... while evolutionista claim they use evidence and reasoning; history shows they adhere to flawed reasoning and they think evidence is going with the flow of popular opinion.

alwight said:
Your attempts to muddy the waters is actually quite funny, but chimpanzees are specific modern creatures not a generic term for primates past or present. But I actually wasn't complaining about the word "monkey" since that is not particularly specific, it's you who seems to be wanting to dishonestly conflate the two.
Fair enough... understood. And, i think you understood I was just defending our friend Michael who used fairly common, but inaccurate terminology.*

Interplanner

It's a bit hard to believe but Creation Research Inst.'s radio program today quoted not one but two secular texts that asserted that the evolutionary pathway of the whale goes through cows and pigs who returned to water. Not that I think very much of such strained conjecture, but the CRI program showed that for a couple decades many of the texts didn't bother to mention this nonsense, but more recently have felt like the 'water' was safe again to go ahead.

'Give them plenty of line; they'll more likely hang themselves.'

6days

It's a bit hard to believe but Creation Research Inst.'s radio program today quoted not one but two secular texts that asserted that the evolutionary pathway of the whale goes through cows and pigs who returned to water. Not that I think very much of such strained conjecture, but the CRI program showed that for a couple decades many of the texts didn't bother to mention this nonsense, but more recently have felt like the 'water' was safe again to go ahead.

'Give them plenty of line; they'll more likely hang themselves.'

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110977

Hedshaker

What are you on about? Do you mean natural selection and artificial selection? Those are part of observational and empirical science. (And part of the Biblical creationist model of rapid adaptation)

Yes selection. What exactly does the Bible have to say about artificial (or natural for that matter) selection?

Point to the verse and I'll read it for myself, ta.

gcthomas

It's a bit hard to believe but Creation Research Inst.'s radio program today quoted not one but two secular texts that asserted that the evolutionary pathway of the whale goes through cows and pigs who returned to water.
That seems unlikely, but could perhaps have stated that whales and pigs/cows shared a common land living ancestor and ICR got that perverted for their own ends.

(If you are insistent that cows/pigs turned into whales, could you give a citation, as I can't find how to listen to the ICR Radio programme online?)

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Holy men speculated about creation.

In Mesopotamia there were many creation stories in circulation.

The writing of Genesis was to the scattered Israelite audience.

They made no claim of writing The Word of God, rather they used "preacher talk" to communicate a cultural and religious story for the masses which served to hold the Israelites together for the purpose of their faith. It worked!

Today the common educated man can clearly see the earth is very old and has played host to many epochs of evolutionary history.

The Genesis story isn't working anymore and in growing numbers.

Rescue Jesus from the Bible!

iouae

Without the Bible there is no Jesus, at least no contemporary or pre Bible mention of him anywhere else.

Historic Jesus vs mythical Jesus is an hotly contested issue, what ever anyone says.

Yet you believe in Julius Caesar, of whom there is a fraction of the evidence.

alwight

Yet you believe in Julius Caesar, of whom there is a fraction of the evidence.
How on earth do you figure that?
Which JC has mosaics, monuments, busts, statues, contemporary documentation and coinage?
Which JC has no hard evidence at all?

Greg Jennings

That seems unlikely, but could perhaps have stated that whales and pigs/cows shared a common land living ancestor and ICR got that perverted for their own ends.

(If you are insistent that cows/pigs turned into whales, could you give a citation, as I can't find how to listen to the ICR Radio programme online?)

It doesn't "go through" any living animal. Sheep and whales share the common ancestor Andrewsarchus, which was a prehistoric wolf-like animal with proto-hooves.

Good job creation "scientists." At least you were in the right barnyard this time

Status
Not open for further replies.