Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedshaker

Dear Hedshaker,

For many of us, the Bible is a partial history book too. Not just a holy book. That is why the Bible is the best-selling book in our Age.

You are engaging in a logical fallacy Michael. See: Argumentum ad populum. Just because something is popular doesn't make it true. You've been told this before.

And I'm sorry but, whilst some non-supernatural things in the Bible my be historically accurate, the Bible is not an history book or a science book. It's a holy book. One among many.

DavisBJ

Evolutionists have made gargantuan exaggerations and assumptions, but don't expect them to admit it. In fact, expect them to do exactly the opposite and conjure up more nonsense.

Evolution has become something of a religion of faith in and of itself. It shouldn't be anything of much surprise- look at how they turn the Christian Fish into something with legs saying 'Darwin' in the middle, complete blasphemy, or the atheist 'atom'.

They hinge on the ideas of life coming from nothing, and reality coming from nothing- but the fact of the matter is that the fossil record could altogether fit inside of a standard size barn and there is no satisfactory theory of physics showing that it's possible for the universe to not have an intelligent agent.

So let them be pompous and drive the world into a further lie that the world already is anyway. An enormous, laughable stockpile of guilty white dudes, hypocritical 'minorites' (everyone not white), religious fanatics, and social media pushers as about as close to reality as an ethereal peanut.
Feel better now? I have heard that sometimes unleashing a barrage of invectives against something you irrationally hate can actually be therapeutic, but since that isn’t my style, I can’t confirm that personally. Just thought I would ask you and see if it helped. BTW, if you have specific ideas that you want to discuss coherently and calmly, I would love to see them. Thanks.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
No...not*poor interpretations of evidence like that. *I was thinking more like....."Exciting research from the summer of 2012 described DNA variation in the protein coding regions of the human genome linked to population growth. One of the investigation's conclusions was that the human genome began to rapidly diversify not more than*5,000 years ago.*This observation closely agrees with a biblical timeline of post-flood human diversification. Yet another study, this one published in the journal*Nature, accessed even more extensive data and unintentionally confirmed the recent human history described in Genesis.*http://www.icr.org/article/genetics-research-confirms-biblical/

Or this
"yet another confirmation of the Bible’s accuracy, scientists have now confirmed what Scripture refers to as*“the fountains of the deep.”*In the days of Noah and the Ark, these large pools of water beneath the Earth’s crust burst forth onto the surface providing the massive amounts of water needed for the global flood judgment. What has once been a source of skepticism and mockery for those who doubt the Bible, has now been confirmed by secular scientists, again showing that although written over 3,000 years ago, the Bible’s description of the Earth and its natural properties are indeed accurate.
According to reports:
An international team of scientists led by Graham Pearson, Canada Excellence Research Chair in Arctic Resources at the U of A, has discovered the first-ever sample of a mineral called ringwoodite. Analysis of the mineral shows it contains a significant amount of water — 1.5 per cent of its weight — a finding that confirms scientific theories about vast volumes of water trapped 410 to 660 kilometres beneath Earth’s surface, between the upper and lower mantle.
“This sample really provides extremely strong confirmation that there are local wet spots deep in the Earth in this area,” said Pearson, a professor in the Faculty of Science, whose findings were published March 13 in Nature. “That particular zone in the Earth, the transition zone, might have as much water as all the world’s oceans put together.”http://beginningandend.com/scientists-confirm-biblical-account-of-the-fountains-of-the-deep/

Or this.....
"Geologic Evidences for the Genesis FloodPart I: An Overview....
https://answersingenesis.org/the-flood/geologic-evidences-for-the-genesis-flood/
Oh my goodness. all that water. so are the tectonic plates just floating on that water ala Walt Brown? Or is it something a bit different? got those crack creation scientists looking at that? Ready for their Nobel?

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are engaging in a logical fallacy Michael. See: Argumentum ad populum. Just because something is popular doesn't make it true. You've been told this before.

And I'm sorry but, whilst some non-supernatural things in the Bible my be historically accurate, the Bible is not an history book or a science book. It's a holy book. One among many.

Dear Hedshaker,

I'm not engaging in a logical fallacy. You are hardly a scholar on the Bible, but some of us grew up with the Bible until we were old, like now. I still learn more of the Bible, even at my age. And I've learned A Lot from the Bible. It is not just a holy book. It surpasses that by far. It is a book which guides your morals, history, science, and most of all, a relationship with A Divine Creator Who Is Far Beyond Surpassing and Extremely Extraordinary. Words just cannot be found to explain Him. Maybe in Heaven, they will give us some new words. Just Incredible and Awesome. And you share none of that!! Oh Hedshaker, the things you are missing out on because you don't have the right guidance. It is a crying shame and a bummer. I hope someday you will change your mind. Someone screwed up your life or your thinking and now your left without and stuck between a rock and a hard place. I wish I could help you. That's up to you.

Much Love & Cheerio!!

Michael

:) :rapture: :guitar: :guitar: :singer:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And in any case, the Bible is not an history book. It's just one of many holy books.....

Dear Hedshaker,

Noah said what he heard from God. Moses said what he saw and heard from God. Noah describes his experiences before, during, and after the flood. Moses does the same thing regarding his experiences. Don't forget, Moses said he saw a burning bush and that He saw God. He heard from God also and gave us ten commandments on two stone tablets. We have all ten of them. They have made it this far already and are not going anywhere. Muslims are clamoring to get copies of the Bible for themselves, their friends and family members. They don't trust remaining an Islam after they see what is going on with ISIS. Plus they have a knowledge that Christians are a happy people, for the most part. We are a blessed and lucky bunch whom God bestows many blessings upon us because we believe in Him. Haven't you read articles about Muslims turning to Christianity?? Well, I'll get going.

Best Wishes!!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Derf,

My computer has been working great on my thread and fast on everything else. Much better since I had it looked at by a Computer Tech. I am very pleased. It sure beats waiting. I mean it is a very long thread, so I'll see how it goes. But sometimes you have to wait about 45 seconds for it to do it's thing. But it's usually faster than that. If we were posting to each other at the same time, I could see it might be a problem. Let me know how you are doing.

God Bless You!!

Michael

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Dear Derf,

My computer has been working great on my thread and fast on everything else. Much better since I had it looked at by a Computer Tech. I am very pleased. It sure beats waiting. I mean it is a very long thread, so I'll see how it goes. But sometimes you have to wait about 45 seconds for it to do it's thing. But it's usually faster than that. If we were posting to each other at the same time, I could see it might be a problem. Let me know how you are doing.

God Bless You!!

Michael

It shouldn't take 45 seconds

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It shouldn't take 45 seconds

Dear patrick jane,

It hardly ever takes 45 seconds, but if you are copying a large post or article, it can take that. That is why the page says it could take up to 45 seconds. I've noticed it sometimes when I write a long post or send a long article. That's about when it takes 30 seconds or less. I've never really gotten to 45 secs, but I say that because the computer page says it.

Thanks And God Bless Your Heart & Soul, PJ!!

Michael

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Dear patrick jane,

It hardly ever takes 45 seconds, but if you are copying a large post or article, it can take that. That is why the page says it could take up to 45 seconds. I've noticed it sometimes when I write a long post or send a long article. That's about when it takes 30 seconds or less. I've never really gotten to 45 secs, but I say that because the computer page says it.

Thanks And God Bless Your Heart & Soul, PJ!!

Michael

Good day sirs

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Good day sirs

Dear patrick jane,

Thanks Tons!! I'll chat with you later, buddy!!

Merry Christmas {Less than 27 days}; Enjoy the Spirit; Imagine what Jesus must have looked like when He was in a manger; and when He was twelve years old; awesome!!,

My Prayers Are With You Every Night On My Knees!!

Michael

6days

DavisBJ said:
I don’t recall anyone in the Bible, speaking about the creation, personally saying “Here is what I saw.” Who you got in mind?
Not 'what I saw'... but 'what I did', (from Book of Job)

The Bible does have many authors who do give personal first hand eye witness accounts of various other historical events.*

DavisBJIf you were presented with a purported history book (not the Bible) that affirmed an entire river was suddenly loaded with hemoglobin said:
Haha... not likely!!

However, if the events were supported by other corroborating evidence and witnesses, I would certainly at least consider it.*

DavisBJ said:
6days said:
For starters, try (to) find just one mountain range in the world that does not have marine fossils. Even Mt Everest has.
You do not believe that Alfred Wegener was basically correct in his continental drift idea?
Sure...He was basically correct.*

DavisBJ said:
What geologic process can you point to that we have evidence of that would have cause the mountains to rise and valleys to sink a couple thousand years ago?
Don't we both think Alfred Wegener was basically correct? We just fundamentally disagree on the time frame.*

I think you are agreeing that there is evidence the entire world has been under water at one time or another*

DavisBJ said:
Unobservable? Strictly speaking, things that happened as recently as yesterday are unobservable, unless you are in possession of a time machine. But no one doubts our ability to increase our understanding of things from the past by studying the evidence left behind.
Yes...totally agree.

DavisBJ said:
Pseudoscientific is one of those put-down words that creationists like to wield against scientific ideas they don’t want to accept.
It is a word both evolutionists and creationists like to use against interpretations of evidence that contradict their belief system, and often contradicts empirical science.

6days

DavisBJ said:
6days said:
The Bible says nothing about geocentrism. it does talk about the age of the earth.

Christian religious leaders from just a few centuries ago specifically used passages from the Bible to condemn Copernican ideas. At trial, wasn’t the claim made against Galileo that the Bible clearly states that it was the sun and moon (not the earth) that stopped on Joshua’s long day?

Sure... you are correct. Some religious leaders such as the Pope thought he should interpret the Bible based on the 'science' of his day. Galileo and other Christians fortunately rejected religion, and consensus science that differed from what God's Word really says.*

bybee

Other than a 6000 year old universe. Still looking for verification for that.
And a world wide flood 4000 +/- years ago. Verification lacking for that.

The Creation story is an attempt to account for things as they appeared to be to the thinkers of the time. The stories that scientists of today come up with are also attempts to explain things as they appear to be.
I believe there is evidence of a world wide flood but I would have to go digging to site current archaeological data?
Also there was a program on what could have been the site of The Garden of Eden?

gcthomas

The Creation story is an attempt to account for things as they appeared to be to the thinkers of the time. The stories that scientists of today come up with are also attempts to explain things as they appear to be.
I believe there is evidence of a world wide flood but I would have to go digging to site current archaeological data?
Also there was a program on what could have been the site of The Garden of Eden?

How would anyone at the time be able to recognise a flood as a worldwide one? There was no long distance transport or communication - all they would have had was the evidence of their own eyes when their locale was flooded (their whole world, not the whole world).

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How would anyone at the time be able to recognise a flood as a worldwide one? There was no long distance transport or communication - all they would have had was the evidence of their own eyes when their locale was flooded (their whole world, not the whole world).

Dear gcthomas,

So happy to hear from you!! I hope that all is doing well with you. I guess gcthomas, that we call it a local flood or a worldwide flood. It depends what you believe in or not. I believe that Moses wrote the first five books of the Bible as given him to write by the Lord God. That's where we get it from, I do suppose.

So why don't you post more often? Where are you keeping so busy at? I guess it's none of my business. I know. We just celebrated Thanksgiving a few days ago. It was really excellent, but I won't go into it. Are you looking forward to Christmas? Won't be long now. How is the weather there lately? You get any snow yet? My friends back in Michigan, USA, got 5 inches, but it didn't last too long. Two days afterwards, they got rain and it melted all of the snow. Go figure. It was cold here in Phoenix, AZ (the Desert). 65 degrees F.

Well, gct, I love it when you post, but oddly enough, it is now 5 a.m. and I should definitely be in bed by now. I have no choice, to be honest. Our posts just crossed at the wrong time. Take good care of yourself and get back to us before Christmas.

Many Good Blessings & Cheerio,

Michael

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned

I thought the Biblical creation story was factual and direct from the Christian god, am I incorrect?

There is evidence that the universe is billions of years old, that man evolved, that H. sapiens has been around for several hundred thousand years, and evidence for a world wide flood with a concomitant restart of most life on earth is just not there.

In other words you got nothin' Other than a "program on what could have been the site of The Garden of Eden".

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Sure... you are correct. Some religious leaders such as the Pope thought he should interpret the Bible based on the 'science' of his day. Galileo and other Christians fortunately rejected religion, and consensus science that differed from what God's Word really says.*

Oh, nice try.

Status
Not open for further replies.