Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, a quick Wiki link suggests otherwise, that only 31.5% of the world's population affiliates with Christianity.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_religious_groups

Should we look into this more closely or were you talking about only the US? :think:

Dear alwight,

I would be interested in just the U.S. too!! Thanks! I tried looking it up with your link, but I couldn't succeed.

Much Love Alwight!!

Michael

:thumb:

:scripto: :Shimei:

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:thumb:

Hi Michael,
there have been one or two breakthroughs in cancer treatments recently I notice, but I think you must rely on your qualified doctor rather than any ad hoc internet "cures" or old wive's tales. :plain:

Dear alwight,

Yes, something about the 'caps' on DNA or RNA? I will stick with my doctor until this new medicine has become popular. I hear they are keeping hush about it because all of the drug companies will lose billions of dollars if it becomes public knowledge.

Good To Hear From You, Chap!!

To One Of My Best Friends, Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear The Barbarian,

Christianity is the Best!! And the Bible is the Bestseller. There's a reason for it all, and that reason is that many people believe in it. They want to learn about Jesus and other things. And they know that it is written in our Bible. The bestest!! Thanks Tons, The Barbarian,

Much Love, In Jesus Christ,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear StanJ,

How ya' doing? I believe that God and Jesus are both God, but different personalities. I believe that God and Jesus are like two identical vessels with almost the same amount of wine in them. God's has a bit more in his vessel. Jesus called God His Father, so I can't help but believe that. He also said, "He who hath seen me hath seen the Father" or words to that effect. He also prayed to God in the garden before His death. He also said the Father a number of different times. What do you think? I believe He was with God when this Earth was created. And that God said, "Let US make man in OUR IMAGE and let him have dominion over everything on Earth." Words to that effect. Man could not have dominion over the dinosaurs, so I think that is why God destroyed them. I can't see man overcoming a T-Rex. Maybe, I guess. Hope you still like me. You've been gone a while.

Much Love In Christ,

Michael

StanJ

Dear StanJ,

How ya' doing? I believe that God and Jesus are both God, but different personalities. I believe that God and Jesus are like two identical vessels with almost the same amount of wine in them. God's has a bit more in his vessel. Jesus called God His Father, so I can't help but believe that. He also said, "He who hath seen me hath seen the Father" or words to that effect. He also prayed to God in the garden before His death. He also said the Father a number of different times. What do you think? I believe He was with God when this Earth was created. And that God said, "Let US make man in OUR IMAGE and let him have dominion over everything on Earth." Words to that effect. Man could not have dominion over the dinosaurs, so I think that is why God destroyed them. I can't see man overcoming a T-Rex. Maybe, I guess. Hope you still like me. You've been gone a while.

Much Love In Christ,

Michael

Sorry Michael, been on other threads and other forums. Some days I just don't posy much because it takes it's toll on me emotionally.
Yes Jesus IS God as is the Holy Spirit. ONE God, INDIVISIBLE.
Take care.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Alwight,

Hey, what do you think? Atheism is ranked very low in the world. I think it's because people believe in God! Even agnostics are more common than atheists. So that's why the Bible is the Bestseller!! Who wants to believe in a dead end street like atheism? It goes nowhere and leads to just hunger for the truth, and pain for not including it in one's life. Why can't we believe in a Divine Creator. Let's really look at it close and realize, ALL of this Universe, Galaxy, a star, an Earth and other planets and moons, and the intricacies of mankind and all life did not just happen on it's own. Anyone believing that would have to be missing out on too much. I don't was to diss anyone at all, but these things could not all just be by themselves. They need a fantastic Creator to put it all together. Someone with AWESOME, SPECTACULAR WISDOM to put this clock-like Universe and inhabitants together, and put together so many forms of life. Even rocks live!! You should see the crystals that grow within them. It is something of awesome beauty. Oh, world, how can you not see these things? Grab onto God's coattails and NEVER LET GO!! You only get one chance to go when it is best. The next resurrection will be a difficult one. That's why Jesus said, 'Blessed is he that is going in this first resurrection, on whom the second death hath no power.' Some words to that effect. And all of you also pray that it not be in the winter, neither on the Sabbath, for then shall tribulation such as never was on this Earth. And do people pray for that. Probably I am the only one praying for that in the whole world. Well, I have to get going now. Will chat later!!!

May God Enrich Your Lives And Increase Your Joy!!

Michael

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sorry Michael, been on other threads and other forums. Some days I just don't posy much because it takes it's toll on me emotionally.
Yes Jesus IS God as is the Holy Spirit. ONE God, INDIVISIBLE.
Take care.

Dear StanJ,

Oh, of course I understand. The other night, I just could not contain myself and had to leave the computer. I just didn't feel well. I'm glad for when you do post because it resonates with something like I would be saying too. Do you know what I mean? I know you probably don't want to associate with me because I'm saying that Jesus is returning soon, and no man knows the day or hour. I'm not giving a day or hour either. Nor even a week or a month and not even a year. But the Lord is leading me to believe that it's going to happen this Autumn. I say these things to help people decide what they want for their immediate and long-range future. Don't bother going to college, for the path is different than that. Don't plan on having a baby right now, for it is definitely the wrong time. Jesus said, "Woe to her who is with child, etc." Jesus may not have been born in December. What of it? It is still okay to put Christmas together for the children and the adults. It is a fantastic Christian holiday that we made out of a pagan holiday, from what I understand. Why take it away from the kids OR the ADULTS!! We LOVE IT! Enjoy Yourselves.

Well, I'd best get going now. Always Much Love To Each Of You!!

Invest Your Heart And Spirit In God!!

Michael

:guitar: :angel: :angel:

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear DavisBJ and noguru,

Hey, where are you guys at?! I miss you both!! If I didn't mean it, I would not say it. You would not find an iota of flattery in me. I abhor it. That is how the antichrist gets his followers. It says so right in Dan. 11:32KJV. I've seen another verse about it, too, but I can't remember where it's written. I think it is in Daniel, but it might be in one of the Four Gospels. Finally got to hear from Hedshaker for a change. It was wonderful having him back and finding out what he's up to. I just put new expensive strings on my 12-string guitar. Best strings I believe that they even make for 12 strings. My nephew got them for me for my birthday. He just lavished me with gifts because of my birthday and then Christmas. I did the same to him. I gave him a gold tie clasp that is 18% pure gold. I had it appraised for $500. My grandma gave it to me when I was ten years old. I use to wear it to church, but now I use a gold tie post. Well, it'd be good to hear from you, noguru and gcthomas! It's been too Long!!!

Much Love Coming At Ya!

Michael

:angrymob: :wave2:

6days

[ Does this mean that God is done creating everything and now, just makes changes here and there??
Hi Michael. God's Word tells us that creation was completed in 6 days. Ex. 20:11 He created laws which govern our universe. he created mechanisms by which organisms survive and adapt. God is not still creating, but instead sustains. Col. 1:17

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi Michael. God's Word tells us that creation was completed in 6 days. Ex. 20:11 He created laws which govern our universe. he created mechanisms by which organisms survive and adapt. God is not still creating, but instead sustains. Col. 1:17

Dear 6days,

Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure. Once a cricket, always a cricket, right? Same with a praying mantis. I'll bet a praying mantis would love to have a cricket for lunch. I used to have a pet praying mantis. So, I figure sustaining life is a bit of work too! I know that the Lord still helps out in many ways. Like when He gave Solomon his wisdom about cutting a child in half and giving half of one to each woman. See, I'm still learning from you all the time. You must be older than me. I'm 59 years old. My birthday will be on Oct. 12th of this year. Then I'll be the big 60!! Well, once again, bless your heart for the info. I'll file it in my head. Heheeheehheee!!

Praise God!!!

Michael

:guitar: :angel: :angel: :cloud9: :singer:

Last edited:

alwight

Dear Alwight,

Hey, what do you think? Atheism is ranked very low in the world. I think it's because people believe in God! Even agnostics are more common than atheists. So that's why the Bible is the Bestseller!! Who wants to believe in a dead end street like atheism?
Hi Michael, it seems to me that human beings have simply evolved to have a general sense of "something else" or a spiritual side and a general tendency to use a religion as a totem to gather around. I think simply because it works better than individuals doing their own thing. Humans around the world have had their own supernatural beliefs and gathered around them, of which there are many different kinds.
I am an agnostic atheist myself, which means that I don't believe we can know whether any divinity exists, nor do I believe that in all probability any divinity does exist. Many more people imo, where I live (UK) anyway, have tended to consider religious beliefs as anachronistic and irrelevant in their lives in recent years.

It goes nowhere and leads to just hunger for the truth, and pain for not including it in one's life. Why can't we believe in a Divine Creator. Let's really look at it close and realize, ALL of this Universe, Galaxy, a star, an Earth and other planets and moons, and the intricacies of mankind and all life did not just happen on it's own. Anyone believing that would have to be missing out on too much. I don't was to diss anyone at all, but these things could not all just be by themselves. They need a fantastic Creator to put it all together. Someone with AWESOME, SPECTACULAR WISDOM to put this clock-like Universe and inhabitants together, and put together so many forms of life. Even rocks live!! You should see the crystals that grow within them. It is something of awesome beauty. Oh, world, how can you not see these things? Grab onto God's coattails and NEVER LET GO!! You only get one chance to go when it is best. The next resurrection will be a difficult one. That's why Jesus said, 'Blessed is he that is going in this first resurrection, on whom the second death hath no power.' Some words to that effect. And all of you also pray that it not be in the winter, neither on the Sabbath, for then shall tribulation such as never was on this Earth. And do people pray for that. Probably I am the only one praying for that in the whole world. Well, I have to get going now. Will chat later!!!

May God Enrich Your Lives And Increase Your Joy!!

Michael

I think that you should try to understand that many people like me regard believing in what is actually evidence based and true, good or bad, has more intrinsic value and worth than in finding a way to believe something that may be more comforting and convenient, and thus a possible delusion.
Religion was described as the "opium of the masses" (Karl Marx) which I think is probably true.:plain:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The caps you're talking about are called telomeres. They are essential to the function of chromosomes. Early on, telomerase (which lengthens them) shuts down, as as we age, the telomeres get shorter and sorter, leading to aging and death.

The problem with cancer is that telomerase is reactivated, and the cells are therefore effectively immortal, never aging. One possible way to live forever, would be to reactivate telomerase, but of course, that could also have disastrous effects. We just don't know, but it's troubling that cancer is somehow involved.

everready

The caps you're talking about are called telomeres. They are essential to the function of chromosomes. Early on, telomerase (which lengthens them) shuts down, as as we age, the telomeres get shorter and sorter, leading to aging and death.

The problem with cancer is that telomerase is reactivated, and the cells are therefore effectively immortal, never aging. One possible way to live forever, would be to reactivate telomerase, but of course, that could also have disastrous effects. We just don't know, but it's troubling that cancer is somehow involved.

The guaranteed way to live forever with no disastrous effects is found in

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

everready

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian explains to Michael:

The guaranteed way to live forever with no disastrous effects is found in

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Jesus didn't come to lengthen our telomeres and save us from a physical death. We will all physically die someday. What He did was save us from the spiritual death suffered by Adam and Eve.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi Michael, it seems to me that human beings have simply evolved to have a general sense of "something else" or a spiritual side and a general tendency to use a religion as a totem to gather around. I think simply because it works better than individuals doing their own thing. Humans around the world have had their own supernatural beliefs and gathered around them, of which there are many different kinds.
I am an agnostic atheist myself, which means that I don't believe we can know whether any divinity exists, nor do I believe that in all probability any divinity does exist. Many more people imo, where I live (UK) anyway, have tended to consider religious beliefs as anachronistic and irrelevant in their lives in recent years.

Dear alwight,

I think that humans believe in God because their forefathers believed in God and Jesus. We were taught what is written in the Bible. We see what our predecessors had faith in and thus, we also have faith. We read what miracles have happened and we believe. And for the few, like me, we have something incomparable to share with others to justify and strengthen our beliefs. An entire generation will believe in God and Jesus, and the Holy Ghost, because He will make a spectacle of Jesus coming with the clouds of Heaven and all men and women shall see it, and we shall be amazed, and we will share it with our children, and our children will believe in what we say, and it shall be carried down for another 2,000 years when the final Second Death shall happen. And there will be those who don't believe and those who do believe that Jesus actually returned like He said He would. And some people will believe and some people won't. Two thousand years ago we were told of a man coming and healing the sick and raising the dead, and we believe it because our ancestors told us of it. Now, 2,000 years later, the Lord Jesus will return again. And that is what we will tell our descendants for the next 2,000 years. It's that simple.

I think that you should try to understand that many people like me regard believing in what is actually evidence based and true, good or bad, has more intrinsic value and worth than in finding a way to believe something that may be more comforting and convenient, and thus a possible delusion.
Religion was described as the "opium of the masses" (Karl Marx) which I think is probably true.:plain:

I do understand that many people don't believe, but more than that, many do indeed. More than less. Because we don't believe that our predecessors had any hallucinations but are instead very lucid and shared their beliefs with us, and we belief by faith. I'm glad to be high on the opium for the masses.

Much Love To A Dear Friend,

Michael

:guitar: :angel: :cloud9: :rapture:

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dear The Barbarian,

I knew that the caps got shorter as the cancer spread, and that cancer caused the caps to get so short as to become nonexistent. Is that right, or am I thinking the wrong way? If cancer would help reinstate these caps or put them back to normal length, then we would have no problem and could live immortally. Let me know.

Much Love, In Christ,

Michael

:angel: :angel: :singer: :cloud9:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Barbarian explains to Michael:

Dear The Barbarian,

Yes, these are the caps I am speaking of. From what I understand, cancer and aging cause the caps to shrink, and they need to find a way to make them become longer again and if they could, we would live indefinitely. Is that what you are trying to say to me? No big deal. It's easy to make a little mistake. Please let me know.

Praise The Lord!!!

Michael

:guitar: :angel: :singer:

Jesus didn't come to lengthen our telomeres and save us from a physical death. We will all physically die someday. What He did was save us from the spiritual death suffered by Adam and Eve.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
When you have cancer, the cancer cells maintain the length of telomeres, but the rest of your cells still age.

So it doesn't help a person with cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.