Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

6days

Barbarian said:
6days said:
Dr John Paterson on shrimp eyes says “ … there was no evidence for eyes in organisms that lived before the Cambrian Explosion—a rapid increase in the diversity of life that began about 540 million years ago.

Actually, there were eyeless arthropods or pre-arthropods in the Precambrian.

Come onnnnnnn..... :)

Barbarian....step back for a second and look at your statement of blind faith. That is not science!

Essentially you are saying there was no eyes....then there was eyes. That is evidence they evolved.*

Can you see how silly that is?

Barbarian said:
As your source admits, they evolved rapidly, but still over millions of years. Over the 300 million years of their existence on Earth, they evolved three major types of eyes, with many, many variations. That's a long time.

What they admit is a faith without evidence. Sophisticated functional eyes appear suddenly in the fossil record with no intermediary steps. They say it happened in a blink.*

Yes... God created in "a blink"... 6 days.

Barbarian said:
But there are other, also extremely useful mutations that have appears that rapidly.

Sure there are. :)

If cancer and genetic disorders are useful to you.*
Barbarian said:
6days said:
You can arrange your charts showing eye evolution from a "simple" light sensitive cell, but your chart is fantasy.

Nope. Start a new thread on "evidence for evolution of eyes" and we'll talk about it.

Go ahead and post it! Tell us how vertebrate vision is a poor design. And I will tell how God created optimal vision. *

Barbarian said:
6days said:
Complex sohisticated vision is a rabbit in the cambrian...its evidence against Darwinism...

Even the guy you cited, thinks it's evidence for evolution.

The article I quoted says "Evolutionists are puzzled by this sudden appearance of diverse life forms, and they call it the ‘Cambrian explosion’. However, from the biblical record of God’s creation of multiple forms of life during Creation Week, this is what we wouldexpect*to see—many kinds of life appearing suddenly on Earth, without having evolved from anything simpler. I.e. it is all evidence for creation, not evolution."

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
6 days writes:
For example in genetics the same prediction can often be made based on common designer or common ancestor.

Barbarian observes:
No. For example, the problem of broken genes in closely related organisms is an insoluble puzzle for creationism, but makes perfect sense in light of evolution

Your beliefs in evolutionism trump evidence and science.

Slogans won't help you. You need to find some evidence for your beliefs. Present them in a cogent argument; that will work.

(6days advocates a literal reading of all scripture)

Barbarian observes:
Luther and Calvin correctly asserted that interpreting the Bible in a strictly literal sense would rule out the Earth moving at all.

Of course...In any literature you understand if the author is using a figure of speech, or telling a true story.

Apparently Luther and Calvin didn't get that right. How do you know you got it right?

Genesis is told as history and accepted as history throughout the Bible.

I'd be pleased to see your evidence that an allegory, if repeated, makes it a literal history. What have you got?

Speaking of Luther... He said "When Moses writes that God created heaven and earth and whatever is in them in six days, then let this period continue to have been six days, and do not venture to devise any comment according to which six days were one day. But, if you cannot understand how this could have been done in six days, then grant the Holy Spirit the honor of being more learned than you are. For you are to deal with Scripture in such a way that you bear in mind that God Himself says what is written. But since God is speaking, it is not fitting for you to wantonly turn His Word in the direction you wish it to go.”

This is the same guy who wanted to tell God that the Earth couldn't move. So not very convincing, um?

As a Christian, why not accept that God's Word is truth...

Barbarian observes:
It is. It's just not compatible with Creationism. For example, Genesis rules out the "life ex nihilo" doctrine of YE creationism.

You might want to understand what the Bible*says before you start making arguments.

Well, maybe I should show you:
Gen. 1:24 And God said: Let the earth bring forth the living creature in its kind, cattle and creeping things, and beasts of the earth, according to their kinds. And it was so done.

"Life ex nihilo" is completely contrary to God's word.

For example God's Word says "Then the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground. He breathed the breath of life into the man's nostrils, and the man became a living person"

Hmmm... you wrote:
Of course...In any literature you understand if the author is using a figure of speech, or telling a true story. The Bible has poetry, parables, provebs, prophecy history etc.

You're insisting Gen. 1:24 is not literal, but that Gen. 2:7 has to be a literal history. You're picking and choosing what you want to believe.

And that "broken genes" are evidence of the Biblical account.

Barbarian observes:
No. The Bible says nothing about that.

The Bible DOES say something about that and in quite a few different verses. God's perfect creation has been corrupted. (Romans*8:22*as example)

He did not regard creation as perfect. That is a creationist addition to His word.

Gen. 1:31 And God saw all the things that he had made, and they were very good.

And, as I told you, nothing whatever about broken genes.

Also genetic reaearch is now finding many of these "broken genes" are not broken at all but serve important purposes.

Barbarian suggests:
Show me what the vitamin C gene in primates is for.

Evolutionists believe it is for vitamin C.

That's what it does in other mammals. Your link is dead, BTW. Just tell us about it.

Barbarian observes:
In fact, nothing God has told us contradicts evolution

If that is true then you believe Jesus created the universe and all life in 6 days...

As you admitted, much of the Bible is not literal, but is in allegorical or poetic form. So no. And the ancient Christians were well aware of this.

...and that creation was perfect until man sinned.

See above. The claim that God said creation was perfect, is a creationist alteration of God's word

You believe that the last Adam is only necessary because of a literal first sin from the first Adam.

You have that right, at least.

And you believe the geneaologies connecting first Adam to Last Adam.

The two given in the Bible, are contradictory.

For example it (evolutionism) puts death before sin.

Barbarian observes:
Now, that's an equivocation. The "death" God told Adam about in the Garden was not a physical death, but a spiritual one that did not appear before sin. We know this, because God told Adam he would die the day he ate from the tree, but Adam lives on physically for many years after.

The death referred to for sin is both spiritual AND physical.

If so, then Adam would have physically died that day. Unless you want to argue that God told him something that wasn't true. Which is it?

As you suggest the spiritual death was immediate. Adam and Eve were spiritually dead immediately. But the passage also refers to a physical death. The Hebrew is translated best as 'dying, you shall die'.

Nope. And no one translated it that way, until the Adventists invented YE creationism.

If physical death was not a result of sin, then Christ would not have had to physically die.*

If He came to save us from physical death, He failed. We still die physically. It's that spiritual death that He came to save us from.

When Christians compromise on the clear teaching in Genesis, they then must compromise on the gospel.

Which is the major offense of YE creationism.

DavisBJ

I believe with science we can study God's creation.
No you don’t. A few weeks ago when I pointed out that science and Genesis disagree on what order life forms appeared, you very clearly said you were going to stick with the tribal legend over science. Don’t try to cozy up to science when you have already turned your back on it when it didn’t agree with your interpretation of the Bible.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That may be so, but that in no way requires that your interpretation of Genesis and the accompanying perspective is the most accurate view of reality. In fact the methodology you have chosen prevents real progress in regard to learning science.
I haven't chosen a methodology noguru. I just believe God's word. Progress in science or progress in learning science are secondary to learning God's word.
You don't "Let God's word speak for itself". That might be the new sound bite of the minute for you guys which lulls you into a false sense of confidence, but it is not accurate.
It's a principle of good and productive Bible study noguru. Have you heard of hermenuetics? When the plain sense makes sense seek no other sense. If something doesn't make sense to you then it is worth discussing or looking further/deeper into it. If a person has not read the scriptures for his or her self then they are relying on someone else for what the Bible says. If a person comes up with their own theology, that is not allowing the Bible to speak for itself.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No you don’t. A few weeks ago when I pointed out that science and Genesis disagree on what order life forms appeared, you very clearly said you were going to stick with the tribal legend over science. Don’t try to cozy up to science when you have already turned your back on it when it didn’t agree with your interpretation of the Bible.
I believe you brought up the fossil record and I mentioned the world wide flood in Noah's day.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I haven't turned my back on science. I learned from the Bible and from science growing up.

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned

What Science?

Do you have Fossils that Prove the Order of Evolution???

Let Me See!!!!!

Cause I don't believe you BJ.

=M=

Evolutionists are mostly Talk, Truth is, Creationists are more commonly going to be able to Actually name A Few Fossils off the Top of their Head. Another thing, Most Evolutionists have never Read Darwin's Origin of Species, so they Hardly know what they believe in in the First Place.

Now their best argument is; "Hey, look at all these Great Scientists, they were all Creationists."

"They are Old, and don't think like Evolutionists, so Obviously they are wrong, even though Evolutionists constantly choose to Copy And Use Science, that was Written by Creationists."

===========================================

There is No Evidence to Support that Life came out of Other Life, There is Evidence that Animals Remain the Same form for Millions of Years, and then go Extinct, however.

If there is Proof that Animals Stay the Same Kind, Forever, until all of their Kind is Gone; That Disproves Evolution, all on it's Own.

No Guru, and Barbie, are Still Wrong.

Now, for the Last Time!!!!

Would any of You Evolutionists Please Define the Word "Nature"; As it is Being Used in this Sentence, which was Spoken By An Evolutionist.

"Nature is all Around us, it Creates Life, and Makes Life Grow."

Please;

Define in your Own Words, the Word; "Nature".

"Nature made Life come out of Rocks, 3.5 Billion Years Ago."

-Any Modern Evol

Barbie, Would you like to Step up, and Show these Kids, how to give a Personal Definition of a Word?

DavisBJ

I haven't turned my back on science.
Oh, so you do concur with what science says about the ancestral relationship between whales and land animals. That is a change (for the good) from what you voiced a few weeks ago. Glad to have on the side of science. Lots of other faithful Christians agree with you on whales descending from land animals.

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
BJ,

You believe that Lizards turned to Whales, which changed to Hippos.

=M=

Why are all your Intermediate Fossils, Modern Animals that are Still Living Today?

You do Recognize the Fact that stromatolites have Remained Unchanged, and are Still considered Stromatolites, up till this Very Day, Right?

The Organism that Evolutionists think are the Oldest Forms of Life, Have Remained Virtually Unchanged, and Still exist Some Places on Earth Today.

Dare to Define, "Nature", In your Own Words?

Or, are you Just Gonna Skip the Big Bold Blue Question, Directed towards People of Your Faith System?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Oh, so you do concur with what science says about the ancestral relationship between whales and land animals. That is a change (for the good) from what you voiced a few weeks ago. Glad to have on the side of science. Lots of other faithful Christians agree with you on whales descending from land animals.
Science is not the same as evolution.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
You believe that Lizards turned to Whales, which changed to Hippos.

I would be very, very surprised if he was that ignorant of the evidence, to think so. Lizards are not the ancestors of mammals.

Why are all your Intermediate Fossils, Modern Animals that are Still living Today?

You think feathered dinosaurs are living today? Except in the somewhat misleading way of calling birds "dinosaurs", there are none.

You think there are fish with legs today? Or whales that can walk on land? There are some transitional forms here today, but most of them are extinct.

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
I knew Barbie Girl Was hanging Out, just waiting For Me to give her another Pat on the Back.

=M=

Nature, Barbie, Nature.

That's Right, Evolutionists Believe that "Nature" is What Formed Living Organisms Out of Inorganic Materials.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Another thing, Most Evolutionists have never Read Darwin's Origin of Species, so they Hardly know what they believe in in the First Place.

Let's test that belief. See if you can
1. Name the five points of Darwin's theory.
2. Explain what he said about stasis.
3. Tell us what organism he used to illustrate vestigial organs.
4. Tell us why the appendix is a vestigial organ by his definition (and the one used by modern science), even though it still has a couple of functions.

Good luck.

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
I would be very, very surprised if he was that ignorant of the evidence, to think so. Lizards are not the ancestors of mammals.

You think feathered dinosaurs are living today? Except in the somewhat misleading way of calling birds "dinosaurs", there are none.

You think there are fish with legs today? Or whales that can walk on land? There are some transitional forms here today, but most of them are extinct.

I agree, however it is what you Evolutionists Believe.

=M=

They Believe that A Fish with Legs, that they Call the Tiktaalik was the First Creature to crawl out of the Water.
Then it became a Mammal, then they believe that the Mammal Returned to the Water to become Whales and Manatees and Dolphins, Then Eventually they Believe that the Whale Returned to Land, and became a Hippo.

Why do you believe Such Unbelievable Things?

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
Let's test that belief. See if you can
1. Name the five points of Darwin's theory.
2. Explain what he said about stasis.
3. Tell us what organism he used to illustrate vestigial organs.
4. Tell us why the appendix is a vestigial organ by his definition (and the one used by modern science), even though it still has a couple of functions.

Good luck.

The Appendix is not Vestigial, it is a part of the lymphatic system, I think...

If you believe in Vestigial organs, and that they Exist. There should be Some.

Can you name Any Actual Vestigial Organs?

I've never Read "The Origin of Species", I was just saying that Most Evolutionists Have not read it Either. I'm Sticking to What I Said Originally.

Why don't you tell me some More about, How you believe that Dogs Speciated From Wolves, and How they are not Considered the Same Species by Science, again?

=M=

DavisBJ

Science is not the same as evolution.
Obviously not, nor did I imply that it was. Science includes physics, chemistry, etc, as well as evolution. Glad to have you on the side of science. Lots of other faithful Christians agree with you that whales descended from land animals.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Obviously not, nor did I imply that it was. Science includes physics, chemistry, etc, as well as evolution. Glad to have you on the side of science. Lots of other faithful Christians agree with you that whales descended from land animals.
I don't believe whales are descended from land animals.

Evolution is not a scientific discipline like physics or chemistry.

Status
Not open for further replies.